Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

ZC/D16 Head Gasket Change HELP.

digil
06-15-2005, 08:46 PM
I got a zc, d16 i belive.. single cam.. either way... i wanted to change the headgasket, and dont really wanna pay anyone to do it... cause it doesnt seem to hard...

i've done a few things on my car, and well... i just wanted to find out exactly what i have to do?

Do i need to take off the intake manifold? Im pretty sure i have to remove the headers from the front... ? Can someone tell me steps i should take, and if theres anything important i should be aware of.

Such as torque maybe?

Remove Valve Cover?
Remove Intake mani?
Remove headers?!

Thanks for the help.

Greenblurr93
06-16-2005, 05:02 PM
i did mine on my b18c1, i didnt remove the intake mani, i did remove my header and obviously the valve cover, i dont think you need to remove the cam to get to the head bolts, but i did in my engine, im not sure about torque, buy a service manual, they come in handy and have all the torque specs and the order you need to assemble everything.

digil
06-16-2005, 11:08 PM
Cam as in Cam Gear right?
Hmm, so basicall remove headers, and valve cover... now after valve cover, dont i have to undo some bolts to get the head lifted to put the head gasket in?

and i have the HAYNES book for honda for my car. But i can't seem to find anything for head gasket change or specs on that stuff ;/

i guess ill look again... how long did this whole thing take you to complete?

Greenblurr93
06-17-2005, 10:50 AM
haynes suck, get a helms manual, thats who honda uses to make their OEM sevice manuals... and when i say "cam" i mean cam shaft... and obviously to remove the head, youll need to remove the head bolts... and get new ones because its not recommended you re use them.

Add your comment to this topic!