Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

'02 Santa Fe Keyless Entry Yes or No?

conurehawk
06-05-2005, 06:44 PM
Hi there fellow Santa Fe lovers,

I have recently bought an '02 Santa Fe GL, which came with power door locks, but not with keyless entry. I am wondering if my car actually has the keyless entry installed (since that's the easy part, and the power door locks is what costs)?

1) How could I find out if I have keyless entry, and if I can just acquire an original remote and simply go the programming route? (other than going to the dealer).

2) What is required to put in keyless entry once power door locks already exist, and am I right in assuming that this is not too difficult?

3) Assuming that my car does not have it, should I invest in an alarm + keyless entry aftermarket product, or put in the original keyless entry followed by a seperate alarm system?

Any help at all would greatly be appreciated. Thank you,

conurehawk

dadof4s
01-15-2006, 07:42 AM
I have an 02 Santa Fe with keyless entry. I thought it came as standard equipment.

Onblsht
01-15-2006, 03:21 PM
I believe it is standard equipment if you have the factory power locks on the 02.

twospirits
01-21-2006, 09:23 PM
Members please look at the dates of the thread you are responding too, if its more than 3 months it usually is better to start a new thread and refence the older one with a link.

TS out

Add your comment to this topic!