Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

96 gsr vs 92 talon

ryan96gsr
06-03-2005, 03:42 PM
96 gsr w type r head mods- spoon headers / skunk2 intake manifold/aem fuel rail/skunk2 stage1 camshafts /spoon cam gears /greddy exhaust / MSD /

92 talon all wheel drive on 13lbs boost

started off @ work my friend always talkin shit about honda an acura that the cars are slow an ulgy so i said 2 him when u get off work i will take care of u he was like hes not goin 2 waste his time an gas......

but when u got off work i was driving along slow waitin for him ...so we got caught up at a light an i said what all that shit u was talkin he was like i will show u ...

so @ green we went at it 1 & ending of second we were dead even
3rd i started pulling him power shift 4 an left him like 3 car lenghts he was so down after that he doest wanna talk 2 me no more..sore loser

GScivic7
06-03-2005, 04:11 PM
so you were dead even with an AWD car off the line...

Gohan Ryu
06-03-2005, 04:17 PM
Good kill - he must have flubbed the launch - AWD turbocharged cars can launch like a monster if the driver knows how. Don't give him a second chance from a dig - if he wants to race again start from a roll. :naughty:

wait I just noticed you're a newbie.... :bs:

Nothing personal - you gotta gain some credibility before I'll believe an unlikely kill.

Shpyder
06-04-2005, 08:42 AM
I'd beleive it, even though AWD = untouchable launch ( = burnt clutch a few launches later, but thats another story, lol). You give some drivers an F-16, they'd STILL lose a race, LMAO. 99% of the time, its not the machine, its the homo sapiens commadoring the wheel. By the way, 13 psi boost on a 1G 4g63 seems to me like it was doing stock boost... did the talon have any mods at all? (he shouldve had an intake and a turbo-back if he was half as smart as I hope).

ryan96gsr
06-04-2005, 01:22 PM
so you were dead even with an AWD car off the line...

yea i was he was auto but yes i was ... y is that hard 2 believe

Rampart Crawler
06-04-2005, 01:27 PM
I'd beleive it, even though AWD = untouchable launch ( = burnt clutch a few launches later, but thats another story, lol). You give some drivers an F-16, they'd STILL lose a race, LMAO. 99% of the time, its not the machine, its the homo sapiens commadoring the wheel. By the way, 13 psi boost on a 1G 4g63 seems to me like it was doing stock boost... did the talon have any mods at all? (he shouldve had an intake and a turbo-back if he was half as smart as I hope).
Actually, RWD launch > AWD launch.
AWD is good for fairly low-moderately powered(250-350hp), street driven cars. They will own most camaros, mustangs, ect of the same power from a dump, but the perfrect setup is rwd. When you launch with nice sticky tires, all of the weight goes to the back and gives good traction. Let's say you have an awd car and your torque distribution is 70% rear, 30% front. When you launch, the weight will transfer in back, leaving the front tires tractionless, and the rear tires with only 70% of the torque.

AWD is all well and good for 13-14 second street applications, where you will not lose much traction(if any) in a awd launch, but when you start pushing bigger hp numbers, those rwd cars will come back and bite you from a stop.

But in this situation with a fwd car, the talon should have killed from a stop.

Also, 13 psi isn't stock for a talon, but it is near close.

GScivic7
06-04-2005, 11:11 PM
^^^ Tell that to this STi

http://www.crawfordperformance.com/gallery/videos.shtml

97integrals
06-04-2005, 11:49 PM
96 gsr w type r head mods- spoon headers / skunk2 intake manifold/aem fuel rail/skunk2 stage1 camshafts /spoon cam gears /greddy exhaust / MSD /

92 talon all wheel drive on 13lbs boost

started off @ work my friend always talkin shit about honda an acura that the cars are slow an ulgy so i said 2 him when u get off work i will take care of u he was like hes not goin 2 waste his time an gas......

but when u got off work i was driving along slow waitin for him ...so we got caught up at a light an i said what all that shit u was talkin he was like i will show u ...

so @ green we went at it 1 & ending of second we were dead even
3rd i started pulling him power shift 4 an left him like 3 car lenghts he was so down after that he doest wanna talk 2 me no more..sore loser
talon @ 13psi I call bullsh*t!

P.S.- street racing is for losers!

Shpyder
06-05-2005, 12:58 AM
Actually, RWD launch > AWD launch.

I've always heard AWD is a preference hands down for any launch, as far as street cars go...no offroad use long-nosed dragsters.

Also, 13 psi isn't stock for a talon, but it is near close.

Factory boost on turbo DSMs had been reported as a variety in a range of 10-15psi... I was doing 13 psi on my T-25 before MBC, and spiking at 16. Others report anything from 11-15psi, all with no MBC and a gauge. Could be something to do with where people tee-in the hose, and the accuracy of the gauge itself.

GScivic7
06-05-2005, 01:24 AM
Factory boost on turbo DSMs had been reported as a variety in a range of 10-15psi... I was doing 13 psi on my T-25 before MBC, and spiking at 16. Others report anything from 11-15psi, all with no MBC and a gauge. Could be something to do with where people tee-in the hose, and the accuracy of the gauge itself.
yah I've always been told that turbo DSMs are set at 14psi.

KrNxRaCer00
06-05-2005, 02:33 AM
talon @ 13psi I call bullsh*t!

P.S.- street racing is for losers!

its not BS. the 1G does run around 11psi stock (but can easily be adjusted to 13 w/ out problems, and most people who race their cars do this.) GScivic, you're thinking of the 2G which runs 14.5 psi stock.

and if you think street racing is for losers, then stay out of this part of the fourms please.

with his mods, beating a 13 year old DSM w/ only the boost turned up isn't that out of reach. so, props.

ryan96gsr
06-05-2005, 03:10 AM
with his mods, beating a 13 year old DSM w/ only the boost turned up isn't that out of reach. so, props.

thank U...

97integrals
06-05-2005, 03:39 PM
its not BS. the 1G does run around 11psi stock (but can easily be adjusted to 13 w/ out problems, and most people who race their cars do this.) GScivic, you're thinking of the 2G which runs 14.5 psi stock.

and if you think street racing is for losers, then stay out of this part of the fourms please.

:flipa:

Ace$nyper
06-05-2005, 05:57 PM
:flipa:
bullet + your brain kthx

97integrals
06-05-2005, 06:40 PM
bullet + your brain kthx
:gay:

Ace$nyper
06-05-2005, 08:29 PM
:gay:
no sorry thats not the log out button.

try again

KrNxRaCer00
06-06-2005, 05:06 AM
i'm sorry, but your post adds nothing to this thread. flaming will not be tolerated.

you posted wrong information about a car and i corrected it. if you disagree with my post, then by all means post something that supports your view. i don't mind a good debate, but immature acts simply add to your discredit.

it is common sense that people in here street race, you don't have to post here if you disagree with it.

just because he is a new member to the boards, does not mean that he should be discredited ESPECIALLY when his post is logical, and not something far-fetched.

97integrals
06-06-2005, 04:41 PM
i'm sorry, but your post adds nothing to this thread. flaming will not be tolerated.

you posted wrong information about a car and i corrected it. if you disagree with my post, then by all means post something that supports your view. i don't mind a good debate, but immature acts simply add to your discredit.

it is common sense that people in here street race, you don't have to post here if you disagree with it.

just because he is a new member to the boards, does not mean that he should be discredited ESPECIALLY when his post is logical, and not something far-fetched.
My original post was incorrect and I should not have made the post because I am not familiar with turbo DSM's. I apologize to the original poster, but I don't not apologizing to you. I replied to you in the way I did because I have seen many people get flamed on these boards before and I have never seen you (the moderator) step in and say anything. But for some reason you chose to step in and scold me like a child on one of the first times I have ever crossed the line on these boards. I think that you need be fair and step in on all flames or leave them alone but don't call me out and no one else. I have retracted my statement that the original poster was bullsh*tting, but I will not retract the statement that street racing is for losers. My little brother was killed by a street racer and I think that they should all be locked in jail forever. So do not even attempt to justify street racing it is illegal, stupid and it gives all credible racers a bad name. I have nothing else to say in this thread.

Rampart Crawler
06-06-2005, 07:31 PM
I've always heard AWD is a preference hands down for any launch, as far as street cars go...no offroad use long-nosed dragsters.
Like I said, AWD is only better in in street applications with the average street tires. There are street legal drag radials and slicks(face it, no cop ever checks).
Again, think of an AWD car as half FWD, half RWD. When you launch, all of the weight goes to the rear tires, leaving the front tires tractionless and the rear wheels with only a fraction of it's full whp. If you counter the front traction problems, you will have rear traction problems. With RWD, you get sticky tires and some cheap suspension upgrades, knowing all you need is traction to the rear. Think of it this way, when you are making enough power to the rear to lift the front off the ground, what good will the front wheels do?
An AWD drivtrain also weighs more and has a higher whp loss than rwd, which will also hurt its launch.
AWD>For nearly stock racing
RWD> For people who plan on making the car actually fast.
I known of at least 8-10 DSM owners that I have talked to from back when I was on the DSM forum and looking into buying one. They all ranged from 9-12 psi bone stock. The 1st gens usually had 11-12. I have never seen any higher than that. Even with a boost controller and a better BOV, they will die out at 14-15 psi and start heading south at higher rpms.

Vtec95Civic
06-13-2005, 09:54 PM
I'd still much rather an AWD car for those times when you gotta go through some twisty turns.

dampachi
06-13-2005, 10:38 PM
So..explain to me how you have headers on an inline four? :-D

Rgacke
06-23-2005, 03:09 PM
You said the talon was an auto? Not much to brag about but I believe it, good job on shuting cocky people up.

civicblumagik021
06-26-2005, 02:41 AM
no offense because i am a former honda owner and i loved my car but there is no way a teg is taking an awd dsm off the line unless the dsm is stock...2cents

Mines69Olds
07-26-2005, 11:32 PM
So a pretty much stock A/T 92 Tsi lost by a few car lengths to a 96 gsr with a few pretty nice mods. I don't know how impressive that is. But congrats I guess.

Add your comment to this topic!