Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

question

aharte
06-03-2005, 12:36 PM
how do i take out heater controls in 92-95 civic,do i have to take out dash?

CivicSpoon
06-03-2005, 01:23 PM
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=661308 Start looking after he got the cluster out, and no you don't have to take the dash out.

eckoman_pdx
06-04-2005, 10:06 PM
You do not have to take the whole dash out, though if you ever need to do that I can give you some pointers on that too.

For the climate controls...First remove the radio and the lower console cover. There are 3 screws (bigger ones) that hold it in, two near the front and 2 near the rear. You'll need to remove those. You'll also have to disconnect the heater control cable from under the glovebox, and the 2 wire plugs in the back. Once the screws are out and the heater cable disconnected, it should come out If it starts to stick, sometimes the little gold screws stick, there are 4 of them. They look the smae where they are in, but there are 2 shorter ones (the forward 2) and 2 longer ones (right behind the smaller ones). You don't need to remove those, but smetimes it helps it slide out easier. Also, remove the interment cluster bezel will allow you to shine a light in from above and get a better hand in there to remove the plugs.

If you realy have issues witt he plugs, you can disconnect the harness from the plug uner the lower console, and there the smaller plug of it from up under the radio area. This will allow the harness to stay attacted to only the climate controls, so you can slide them out and remove the plugs once it's out. Installation is reverse of removal.

Sorry I don't have any pics of the process, I didn't take any when I had mine out.

aharte
06-07-2005, 12:53 PM
thanks for the help

eckoman_pdx
06-11-2005, 09:14 PM
thanks for the help

No problem, I hope we helped. It's not too hard to remove the climate control.

Add your comment to this topic!