Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

integra vs srt4

JattGsr
05-25-2005, 11:03 PM
I was with my friend and his friend was with him and he kept on talking about how he "upgraded" ( better injectors, boost increase )his srt4 and was really fast and he kept on bragging about it but I didn't mind because personally I think they are really nice cars and I wouldn't mind having one.

Anyways we were driving on a straight road and my friend was in his friends srt4 with a loud ass bov and I was in my integra with some basic engine mods ( i/e/h msd ignition and cam gears ) and we went from a rolling start. ( he would smoke me from a standing start ) We dropped the hammer and I was thinking he was gone, but he pulled half a car in front of me and we stayed like that until I went into fifth and I slowed down ( we were going way to fast ).

I didn't beat him but was surprised by how close my gsr stayed with him because stock those cars have 250 ft lbs of torque not mention 240 hp. I think he maybe wasn't trying but I doubt that because I was hitting max revs in every gear and he just slightly crept ahead with his loud exhaust and bov. My friend in the srt4 was in the passenger seat and he gave me the thumbs up and was in shock that I stayed behind them the whole time. Btw he doesn't seem to brag anymore.

KrNxRaCer00
05-26-2005, 04:28 AM
hrmmm...even from a roll, an srt-4 SHOULD kill you, so props to you for staying that close.

if he was trying, then he really should check to make sure everything is tuned correctly. i mean this in no offense, but a low 13 second fwd car should beat a high 14 second car by a lot more than a car from a roll...

props

Vtec95Civic
05-26-2005, 11:12 AM
Should've gone from a dig.. I don't know why you think he'd be able to take you so well, they're both FWD cars. From a roll, his turbo is already spooling, you might be better off from a stop.

Kven
05-28-2005, 04:47 AM
Should've gone from a dig.. I don't know why you think he'd be able to take you so well, they're both FWD cars. From a roll, his turbo is already spooling, you might be better off from a stop.

The spool would only be in 1st gear, but since it has more torque, plus its FWD, its wheels would be spinning.

Add your comment to this topic!