Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Need more performance..

suspower
05-23-2005, 05:54 PM
I have a 93 honda civic dx 2 door coupe(5 spd manual), and it has around 220,000km on it. i want to be able to squeeze the most performance out of my car without spending a lot of money. When i got the car nuthing was ever changed at all so its not performing like it normally should be. So far i have changed the plugs and put in iridium ones, changed the air filter, the fule filter and it has made slight improvements on acceleration. What i want to know is, what should be replaced or put on to help get the most out of my car without changing the engine.

Ace$nyper
05-23-2005, 06:25 PM
do cap and rotor wires?
its a honda civic its not going to be that fast or is it past a normal civics slowness?

suspower
05-23-2005, 06:37 PM
do cap and rotor wires?
its a honda civic its not going to be that fast or is it past a normal civics slowness?

Yea i think its past normal civic slowness, feels like it could be faster. Is there anything that i could add thats cheap and i would feel it?

jameskersten
05-23-2005, 06:47 PM
cap/rotor, plug wires, check your ignition timing, get an infection service done to clean those dirty injectors. basically do everything to complete the full tune up. then go from there. check your compression while your there to see how the motor is running

Add your comment to this topic!