Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

My civic made it home finally!!!

94DXSiR
05-19-2005, 06:10 PM
Well, its been a while since my trany went dead, but the waits over and I am more than glad to announce my civic has returned home. Now that it is home I was able to do a little work on it finally. If any wouldnt mind taking a look it can be seen at:

http://www.hondashowoff.com/profile.php?id=5223

Im open for comments if any wish to give, though, I still have alot of work to do, and cant wait to get it done.

snowman2005
05-19-2005, 06:13 PM
nice. now lower it(1 inch isnt much of a drop) and get rid of ur licenced plate braket. hows the engine compared to the dx motor? like torque and hp wise and daily driving

94DXSiR
05-19-2005, 06:27 PM
Compaired to my stock engine, this one would blow it out the water and back into it over an island, lol. My old engine had about 240K miles on the od, it couldnt pull me that well, hell, even in 5th 85-90 was pushing it. But my new engine, well, I cant really say yet, still breaking in the engine, got about 150/500 miles to go before I really start giving it gas, but from right now. The power is definatly noticeable and Im loving it. With the clutch it grabs pretty quick and it revs up pretty quick too with the lighter flywheel. I have no tach right now, i have a Autometer cobalt one, but havent had the time to get it in to see where exactly im reving at. I have only heard the Vtec kick in once just because i wanted to hear it. I put on my wheels and tires today and took it out for a spin and really noticed the difference in handing, its alot smoother in taking corners now, and theres a windy road here on base I tried it out at.

I only want to lower it a inch for comfort, i dont want to slam it, my tires are pretty wide, they arent rubbing at all right now, but i dont want that to be a issue, hence why im only droping it an inch. I still have a lot more to do, and thanks for the comment.

jameskersten
05-22-2005, 11:23 PM
looks good so far. but what are you breaking in? did you rebuild something? not trying to be an ass at all just wondering, cuz if its just a simple swap then hit that thing like a red headed step child.

diegoaccord
05-26-2005, 01:54 AM
You are asking for opinions...

Get a OEM cluster with a tach, but get it calibrated. Honda tachs aren't good after 5500 RPM's ro so, they might be 1-300 off. But they are better than a monster tach...

an EX/Si cluster should be $50, an SiR(matches the engine) should be $150.

Lights, get some ambers or Stanley clears on the front, and OEM head lights. The red/clear taillights are good. I would do them on mine, but my car is black, so I need the amber as contrast.

Engine...good. Just did the same motor in mine as well.

jeffseby
05-26-2005, 11:13 AM
I'm glad it is happily home now :)
I know how it feels to be without your car.
That thing looks like a super Sleeper, with those steelies!!

jameskersten
05-29-2005, 04:43 PM
You are asking for opinions...

Get a OEM cluster with a tach, but get it calibrated. Honda tachs aren't good after 5500 RPM's ro so, they might be 1-300 off. But they are better than a monster tach...

an EX/Si cluster should be $50, an SiR(matches the engine) should be $150.

Lights, get some ambers or Stanley clears on the front, and OEM head lights. The red/clear taillights are good. I would do them on mine, but my car is black, so I need the amber as contrast.

Engine...good. Just did the same motor in mine as well.

how do you calibrate a honda tach? i have worked on hondas at the dealership and at the performance shop here in town for some time and i still dont know how to calibrate one. i have always been under the idea you couldnt. so either you know something I dont or you are talking wrong info.

and the monster tach idea, well if you buy a cheap tach you get cheap results but if you looking for an acurate rpm read then spend the moneya and buy a good tach. a good unit will always be better then a stock tach and a cheap unit (

diegoaccord
05-30-2005, 12:16 PM
Yeah, an expensive tach is gonna give a more accurate readout than factory, but still, it's taking all that space up.

Maybe that's cause I like OEM look best.

Oh, and I'm getting my tach done at Honda thursday. I just found out about them being able to do recabs.

I have the SiR cluster, as seen here:

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wODE5MDQyNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D

This was when I had my 2nd D16Z6 engine. You see the tach, its reads 1000 too high. Having a tach that is off by 1000 is confusing, you will notice how slow I'm going in this vid, because I'm not in the powerband like the tach makes me believe. In the 3-4 shift, I'm actually going to 4000. If you don't pay attention, you'll fuck yourself up...launch RPM, shifts.

It still does this. I've had the following combinations in the car:

stock cluster + Z6 + P28 = fine
stock cluster + Z6 + PR3 = fine
JDM cluster + Z6 + PR3 = fine
JDM cluster + 2nd Z6 + PR3 = OFF
JDM cluster + 2nd Z6 + P28 = OFF
JDM cluster + B16A + P28 = OFF
JDM cluster + B16A + Skunk2 P13 = OFF

So, the cluster is getting recab'd.

94DXSiR
05-30-2005, 06:43 PM
Well, Ive been thinking about just forgetting my autometer cobalt tach, because i have it sitting right here in my room. And trying to get a EG6 JDM guage cluster, you know the ones with the red nunbers and all that. I like the looks of those better. Sorry, but im keeping the headlight set up, because im planning on painting my car black now, so it will all flow very well in my opinion. Not to mention I dont like the look of the amber corners because everyone has them, well, from what I noticed.

Add your comment to this topic!