Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

TO BE VQ30DETT, VQ25DET(T), VQ25VET(T) or not that is question?

JDM_ONLY
05-17-2005, 12:54 AM
IS NISSAN wait'n for TOYOTA(new MK series)?

VQuick
05-17-2005, 03:10 PM
It's doubtful the engine will be as small as 2.5L. Displacement will probably be greater than 3L, but smaller than 3.5L.

k3smostwanted
05-18-2005, 06:52 PM
It's doubtful the engine will be as small as 2.5L. Displacement will probably be greater than 3L, but smaller than 3.5L.

vquick, have you heard any new information that may confirm the VQ32DETT in the new GTR, that is being so highly talked about over in Japan.

VQuick
05-18-2005, 08:16 PM
vquick, have you heard any new information that may confirm the VQ32DETT in the new GTR, that is being so highly talked about over in Japan.

Yeah, there was some new info from 7Tune.com a few weeks ago. As far as the engine went, it was just more of the same info. The 3.2L has been the only engine mentioned from Japanese sources for about a year now. Most of the folks talking about a V8 for the US market are in the US.

The interesting thing about the 7Tune article was it had some information on the GT-R's dimensions. From the numbers mentioned, it sounds like rather than being based on the Fairlady Z's or Skyline 350GT Coupe's version of the FM chassis, the GT-R will have its own FM variant. It should be shorter than the V35/CPV35 in length, but longer than the Z33, and a good bit wider than any of them. The short chassis helps explain how weight will be kept down to the rumored 3064lbs.

k3smostwanted
05-21-2005, 10:54 AM
Yeah, there was some new info from 7Tune.com a few weeks ago. As far as the engine went, it was just more of the same info. The 3.2L has been the only engine mentioned from Japanese sources for about a year now. Most of the folks talking about a V8 for the US market are in the US.

The interesting thing about the 7Tune article was it had some information on the GT-R's dimensions. From the numbers mentioned, it sounds like rather than being based on the Fairlady Z's or Skyline 350GT Coupe's version of the FM chassis, the GT-R will have its own FM variant. It should be shorter than the V35/CPV35 in length, but longer than the Z33, and a good bit wider than any of them. The short chassis helps explain how weight will be kept down to the rumored 3064lbs.

i see...thanks for the info. keep us all updated here. this is probably gonna be one of the most hyped up cars to have come to the US, nissan/infinity better make sure it isnt a bomb shell or they will definitely have a lot of dissappointed people on their hands! :D
though, through rumors and talk, it seems like it is gonna be a rather state of the art, new technology dream/sports car that makes grown women wet their panties! :lol:

thanks for the info.

Skyline_BNR34
05-21-2005, 01:32 PM
They should just put in the RB26DETT

VQuick
05-21-2005, 09:59 PM
A little late for that, don't you think?

k3smostwanted
05-22-2005, 12:39 AM

:rolleyes:

JDM_ONLY
05-23-2005, 12:24 AM
YEAH, sup folks... check this LINK TRUST me is I opener/catcher. It made me think, why stop @ 6cyl.? FUCKING NATAGA(Top Secret's owner/tuner) I guess getting stop by the UK Police is not enough. (=_=) hehee
http://superstreetonline.com/featuredvehicles/130_0505_topsecret/

VQuick
05-23-2005, 02:55 PM
YEAH, sup folks... check this LINK TRUST me is I opener/catcher. It made me think, why stop @ 6cyl.?

Using the VK V8 didn't give developers the weight distribution they wanted. It was better with the VQ.

Skyline_BNR34
05-26-2005, 01:26 PM
I know they won't put in the RB26DETT but if they did that would be cool... But it's their car so they can do what they wnat to do wiht it...

JDM_ONLY
05-26-2005, 11:35 PM
to BNR34 and to all who think like BNR34: here's car phylosophy 101. MANY OTHER PEOPLE LIKE u's will say it's just a car !! that's ford & GM right now, they are losing there spine which obviously economic results shows. (Ask ur Popz about ford & GM @ there halcyon days!!..)
I Tell u's WHY is not just a car, that picture u logo'in BNR (obviously in denial) made possible to even exist as ur r/c car is because 1st WERE and are relentless engineers and pioneers; 2nd massive automobile fans and it's heritage; 3rd its respect from the AUTOMOBILE INDUSTRY that rightfully earn a spot in this lifetime by winning many championships. THEREFORE,it became possible for u to have a fanticized version R/C car to come true.
I think is better if u wrote next time in the post
"It's just an R/C I'm sport'n".
peace out,

fairladyz_gt-r
05-30-2005, 10:49 AM
The next Skyline GT-R is soo Beautiful! Good Job nissan!
But i think they should sell the car at 12,000,000+Yen! I mean hey this is suppouse to be a super car not a mass production car!

VQuick
05-30-2005, 01:03 PM
Easy, now. No one knows what it will look like yet. I liked the 2001 concept, but apparently a lot of other folks didn't. There'll be a new concept this October at the Tokyo Motor Show.

It would be kinda cool to see a semi-retro design with cues from older GT-Rs like the KPGC10 in your sig. Maybe the Datsun brand could be revived, and feature throwback designs with other cars like a new 510.

fairladyz_gt-r
05-31-2005, 03:39 AM
i understand ur point of view. i believe that KPGC10 is one of the most beutiful skyline GT-R(PGC10 too). But i think what make Skyline GT-R soo great is that the car is always at the top leading everyone else. But hey if they do a retro style and made it good i will still buy it~! :biggrin:

1viadrft
05-31-2005, 02:50 PM
I know they won't put in the RB26DETT but if they did that would be cool... But it's their car so they can do what they wnat to do wiht it...

Are people still dwelling on the RB??? Pffft!

JDM_ONLY
06-01-2005, 01:12 PM
yeah, I know the technology might be antique~ish to some folks. But there's something about an INLINE 6 that merinates beatifully w/ the turbos (specially Twin Turbo) that will produce stounding hp and tq.
All the top european BMW-MCLeran, Audi-VW had used Inline 6 w/ Twin Turbos for championship titles, so as Japan in JGTC series (gtr-supra). They were the notorious rivals to beat.
I'm guessing on this!, probably the inline engine has better efficiency of inertia/kenetic output by firing the engine in straight sequence instead of separating the pistons degrees from each other while igniting.
ANY PHYSICIST OR MECHANICAL ENGR. out there about this !! give a shout...peace

1viadrft
06-01-2005, 05:28 PM
In JGTC the most recent GTR's and current Z's use a Twin Turbo V6... the current Supra's use a NA V8.

JDM_ONLY
06-02-2005, 11:36 PM
yeah, no doubt vq30dett and the v8 4.0L are the current used engines @ JGTC competition. But it takes alot for it to be tuned efficiently and to smoothly run w/o major problems.
May be the NISSAN and TOYOTA had the 'Auto-world' tunered upside down when they came out with the inline 6 (Yeah, & add the TWIN TURBUZZ too..BBRRRRUNNMM...Ppisszz).
I could see NISSAN produce another GENERATION of the RB series (inline 6) with TWINs on 'em. HEH, Whad da HACK w/ DIESEL too. (0_o)

JDM_ONLY
06-11-2005, 07:37 PM
I have a feelin' that NISSAN wants to wait for TOYOTA to release there 'street-machine' (next gen. supra). But, I also heard that before releasing the GT-R. Nissan want's to see if the 'TURBO FAD' stays long enough then as a teaser perhaps a 'New GTi-R' (the little-bro. of GT-R) might be introduce here the US. (the LAND of FREE & Equal Opportnity to be JDM but never will)
My guess!!, the production cost or changin' trends could bring a 'NISSAN RED-EMBLEM'. Or like my friends say, the Japanese automakers try not to sell any RED-EMBLEMs because of HIROSHIMA~NAGASAKI, or could wrong.
TRIVIA !! : to all RED-EMBLEM lovers, has there been a JDM spec RED-EMLBEM cars that cross over the US w/o been waterdown?. GOOD LUCK answering.

JDM_ONLY
06-14-2005, 12:57 AM
I wonder if the Vq30de(t) series could ever hit beyond 8000 rpm w/o encountering major problems??

Skyline_BNR34
06-14-2005, 02:49 PM
to BNR34 and to all who think like BNR34: here's car phylosophy 101. MANY OTHER PEOPLE LIKE u's will say it's just a car !! that's ford & GM right now, they are losing there spine which obviously economic results shows. (Ask ur Popz about ford & GM @ there halcyon days!!..)
I Tell u's WHY is not just a car, that picture u logo'in BNR (obviously in denial) made possible to even exist as ur r/c car is because 1st WERE and are relentless engineers and pioneers; 2nd massive automobile fans and it's heritage; 3rd its respect from the AUTOMOBILE INDUSTRY that rightfully earn a spot in this lifetime by winning many championships. THEREFORE,it became possible for u to have a fanticized version R/C car to come true.
I think is better if u wrote next time in the post
"It's just an R/C I'm sport'n".
peace out,
If you were smart you could see I said My Beauitiful XMOD and it also was on a table so if you STUPID people thought it was real then holy shit you are stupid...:loser:

Its a car to me because I could never own one and I respect that they are greatly appreiciated cars and not some car to just drive and try to make it Dubbed out and stuff... I like Skylines and they are one highly appreieciated cars for people who know what they are capable of doing and to me you think I know nothing of the Skyline at all and you probaly think I only like it because of FATF (Which got me more likeing it) and I don't know of the R33, R32, R31, and the older ones that look like this... http://usera.imagecave.com/Skyline_BNR34/Car_Pictures/q_c10skyline68.jpg
I think these ones look cool and other stuff... And I know shit abour them so I don't care what you say abo8ut my Xmod R/C car, it isn't real and people should know that by looking at it...

JDM_ONLY
07-29-2005, 02:21 PM
DAMM... guys AT NISSAN ARE TIGHT-LID over the r35 release, hum hope is worth the hipe.!!... CAUSE TOYOTA's mk bad boy will come back as potent v10 550ps/1200kg...damm

fierangero
11-24-2005, 10:37 PM
eh RB26DETT is nice, but pretty sure VQ30/32/35DETT would whoop it, the new usdm vq35s come higher rated that the TT rb26. of course yall already knew that ^_^

JDM_ONLY
11-28-2005, 06:42 PM
Probably by now must of you "RED-EMBLEM" fan(s) has caught a climbs of the r35(r36?). Though, cannot agree w/ Lotus engineers body design on the New GT-R, but sure hell like that VQ36DETT+ATTEST+ETS+4wd(gen2 transfercase).
http://www.automotivearticles.com/123/nissan_infiniti_gtr_r35_r36_prototype.shtml

JDM_ONLY
11-28-2005, 06:47 PM
http://carv2.com/site/project_detail.cfm?id=260

dimefury
11-28-2005, 07:18 PM
It would be kinda cool to see a semi-retro design with cues from older GT-Rs like the KPGC10 in your sig. Maybe the Datsun brand could be revived, and feature throwback designs with other cars like a new 510.

.....a new 510.....oh....ummm....oh...oh....yea....damn you just made me ruin a perfectly good pair of undershorts, now i have to go change.

i would love for nissan to release a new 4cyl, 2000 lb., RWD, sedan (a new 510).....but it isn't very likely.

as for the new skyline.....i don't care what engine they put in it as long as it continues in its quest to be the greatest sportscar ever. as long as it is faster, stronger and sexier than its ancestors, i will be happy. (and lust for one) if nissan disappoints, and brings some weak BS, i will be very angry at nissan north america. (so what else is new...huh?)

RB-motor....... R.I.P. so sad to see you go.

72 Datsun 510
built L20b race engine
dual Dell'orto DHLA 40's

JDM_ONLY
11-29-2005, 09:41 PM
yep... the "RED-EMBLEM" is ALIVE!!; r35 (r36? for INFINITI?).Though, I got to disagree on the fornt fascia and head light (DAMM... LOTUS designer(s)) but rear is passable. Hhuumm, as always GT-R earned its reputation underneath the hood...yeah! baby(0_o). VQ36DETT+ATTES+ETS+4WD+(Gen.2 transfercase)+ heee "sport mode" (a feature that keeps the IHI turbos constantly spool for minimal turbo lag... BAM!.BBBRRRRUUUOOHHh....PPpzzzzz!. 3.9sec @ 0-60 mph(stock). {for any honda/toyota fan that is reading this....(*_*) my dearest apologies..hee}

1viadrft
11-29-2005, 10:00 PM
^ Wtf? ^

igor@af
02-02-2006, 11:37 PM
The next engine will most likely be a 3.6 liter VQ twin turbo. It will have seven gears.

2.4L of Torque
02-09-2006, 05:29 PM
I dont see it being a 3.6L IGOR. If Nissan is basing their decision off the same principles as Toyota ok not basing it off of it but doing the same. Theyre representing their race platform in a car. Which would be a VQ32DETT IIRC.

Add your comment to this topic!