Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Car Got Paintballed!!!

Blackcrow64
05-16-2005, 11:19 PM
Ok, heres the problem... A bunch of kids paintballed my car this weekend with white paintballs... I have pressure washed it, scrubbed it, and pressure washed it again and it won't come off! A friend told me today that he thought the kind of paint used in those will eat the clearcoat. The sad part is that I just repainted the whole thing a few months ago... :frown: ANYONE KNOW WHAT TO DO TO GET IT OFF??? :frown:

drewh4386
05-16-2005, 11:28 PM
Don't exactly know for car paint/clear coat but,
have you tried brake fluid? Brake fluid cleaner?
How about (i don't know what its called) that stuff you spray on permanant markings on walls and tables and it removes it without damaging the paint?

Urban_Squrill
05-16-2005, 11:30 PM
Brake fluid will eat your paint!!!!!!!!
When stuff gets stuck on my paint I use a chemical called red hot. That shit is sweet it just eats thought anything, including your paint if u leave it on long enought. I get the stuff from the subaru dealer(friends with the owner).

l_eclipse_l
05-16-2005, 11:30 PM
Damn dude, that is really gay. Paintballing shit is fun as hell, but not cars. I have no idea how to get that shit off, but put some picks up. Only thing I can think of that gets paint off really well is mineral spirits, but don't use that on your car, that will take ALL of the paint off.

Blackcrow64
05-16-2005, 11:32 PM
No, I haven't tried brake cleaner or anything harsh like that because I'm afraid of that eating the clearcoat too... So far, the paintballs aren't eating it... Its all over the windows too and it doesn't come off that either... Kids are so immature...

drewh4386
05-16-2005, 11:43 PM
Well brake fluid is what i used to get paint marks of my car. Its ok aslong as you don't soak your car and leave it there.
I just put a little bit at a time on a cloth. Enough for one finger. Now Engine degreaser will ruin your paint.

Urban_Squrill
05-16-2005, 11:44 PM
Now Engine degreaser will ruin your paint.
I will have to keep that in mind next time I see a riced out honda.

Blackcrow64
05-16-2005, 11:52 PM
I thought about trying a really really soft rubbing compound, but hate the thought of having to do that to the whole car... Think it would be too rough on the clearcoat for it?

Killa_DSM
05-17-2005, 01:12 AM
Just experiment with all the cleaning chemicals on your Firebird first!:lol2: And if it works do it on your dsm. lol

No, but for real thats fucked up. I would find out who the kids were and kick there damn ass!
Good luck with getting that shit off your car.

Legionofone
05-17-2005, 01:21 AM
dont use brake fluid unless u want to have to REALY REALY pay out the ass for a new paint job... get some rubbing compound... i know this might sound REALY stupid... but have u tryed a little bit of washing deturgent... i know when i get paintballs on like stuffz... i mix up a rich ass mix of washing deturgent and it comes off pretty easy (paintballs are designed to be deturgent soluable)

Urban_Squrill
05-17-2005, 01:30 AM
BTW dont eat paintballs you get the runs. I made 5 bucks out of the bet but fuck it sucked.

coolguycooz
05-17-2005, 01:33 AM
i say you find those little punk kids and beat the shit out of them then make em cough up 700 bucks for a new paint job and if they dont keep beating the shit out of them until they do. and if they cant get the money just beat the shit out of them some more just for the hell of it.

Urban_Squrill
05-17-2005, 01:40 AM
i say you find those little punk kids and beat the shit out of them then make em cough up 700 bucks for a new paint job and if they dont keep beating the shit out of them until they do. and if they cant get the money just beat the shit out of them some more just for the hell of it.

Behold the DSM way.

I bet those fuckers drive civcs.

AHhahahah post 666! Muahahahahahahahah

Blackcrow64
05-17-2005, 01:51 AM
Oh I know exactly who did it, he's getting his ass kicked for that and for trying to take advantage of a drunk girl too... My girlfriend to be more exact... :angryfire :swear:
Maybe a paint grenade will "accidently" go off inside his cavalier... :icesangel

drewh4386
05-17-2005, 01:59 AM
or engine degreaser...:devil:

crunchymilk55
05-17-2005, 03:06 AM
i would go a local paint ball shop. Who's gonna know how to get rid of that stuff better than them?

ned032002
05-17-2005, 03:53 AM
Would buffing get the paint balls off the paint?

spyderturbo007
05-17-2005, 08:01 AM
My opinion is to take it back to the body shop where you got the car painted. They should know exactly what to do to remove the paintball. I also wouldn't wait too long to do this, as the paint is curing more and more every day. So the longer you wait the harder it will be to remove. I wouldn't try anything myself for fear of ruining the paint. But that's just my opinion.

91 Eclipse
05-17-2005, 08:21 AM
pick the kid up that did it, take him to the paint shop and make him pay for the labor and repairs.

Blackcrow64
05-17-2005, 10:45 AM
It wasn't painted in a shop... It was painted at my place by a guy a know. So yeah, it kinda sucks cause I can't find his phone number when I really need it. :frown:

The kid that paintballed it wouldn't go to a shop with me or pay for it for that matter. I went to his apartment and beat on the door for 10 minutes and he was home. I finally called his cell phone and I listened to it ring thru the door and he tried telling me he was at cedar point. I was being "peaceful" and then he set off and was like "shut up bitch, I'm not afraid of you, you know I can kick your ass." I was like hmmm? :eek7: Big words from a little man behind a closed door. A real man woulda said it to my face.

Implode
05-17-2005, 10:49 AM
Are you sure it was paintballs? Thats kind of a stupid question but paintballs are water soluble. I play all the time and have never had a porblem getting it off of anything. There is an old Cordova in my yard waiting to get towed away, I accidentally shot it and wiped the paint off with a leaf. I'll ask my local shop for you.

Blackcrow64
05-17-2005, 03:39 PM
Well, water definetly doesn't take it off. Maybe different brands of paintballs use different paints?... Also, its not drying on there. Its staying really greasy and sticky, but nothing will take it off. I've never seen paintballs like it before...

drewh4386
05-17-2005, 03:56 PM
I still like my opinion. Try it. Your car is fucced up anyway. Try it in a little spot.

gthompson97
05-17-2005, 03:57 PM
maybe they aren't actual paintballs like you'd use when shooting at one another then, maybe they're some special type. try a little bit of lacquer thinner but be careful and don't rub really hard or you could risk thinning down your paint. just try a little bit on a rag and lightly wipe it away

try that or 3M makes some stuff called "adhesive remover" you could also try that too, works wonders on car bodies.

nova1313
05-17-2005, 05:28 PM
They could be bad paintballs actually. I play paintball and when we let paint set over the winter or bought some of the cheap crappy paintballs the paint would not come out of our clothing it would leave stains the color it was.

I'd contact a paintball store if they dont' know go to a paint shop they may know how, then the police. It's vandalism and if he doesn't want to pay for it well fuck him he screwed with it now he should pay. You don't go around messing up other people's things for no reason.

Did you see him do it that your positive it was him? We've gone to the police for stuff like that egging houses and they always took care of it for us. If a police officer comes beating on his house door he's gonna listen.

Nayr747
05-17-2005, 05:38 PM
He fucked up your car AND tried to take advantage of your girlfriend! Wow, I would be pissed as hell.

I have this stuff for taking like tar and bugs of your car that you could try. You let it sit for a minute or so and then rub really hard. It's made for cars so it should be safe. Dont remember what it's called though and it's all the way in my garage, lol.

V T E C H
05-17-2005, 06:22 PM
AS said above he did paintball your car, and try with your girl.... seriously go regulate on his ass. If you can't do it by your self, bring your posse, this kid needs a lesson and respect and to caugh up some cash for your paint. Whatever happens, good luck.

Nayr747
05-17-2005, 06:43 PM
This guy kept fucking with a couple of my friends a long time ago so one day my brother and them froze a bunch of paintballs and got some bats and went over to his appartment and found his civic outside. Lets just says the car was a total loss after that. Not saying you should do that but I do think you are entirely within your rights to call the cops and make him pay for *a nice new expensive paint job,* one of those $5000 ones. If you dont have enough evidence for that, then beat the shit out of him. :)

Nice GSR btw.

MoozillaGSX
05-17-2005, 07:37 PM
AS said above he did paintball your car, and try with your girl.... seriously go regulate on his ass. If you can't do it by your self, bring your posse, this kid needs a lesson and respect and to caugh up some cash for your paint. Whatever happens, good luck.

i definetly agree with this guy, im not going to put any bad ideas in your head, i say this though.....no one fucks with my girl, no one. and your car NEEDS to be payed for. REGULATION is in order. :twak:

Killa_DSM
05-17-2005, 08:18 PM
I have this stuff for taking like tar and bugs of your car that you could try. You let it sit for a minute or so and then rub really hard. It's made for cars so it should be safe. Dont remember what it's called though and it's all the way in my garage, lol.

Yeah I have that stuff too. Its made by BlueMagic and its called "Road Tar & Bug Gel" It says it safely removes: Road Tar, Tree Sap, Bugs and Bird Droppings. Its in bottle with blue liquid. Try to get this if you can.

Like everyone else says, just beat the shit out of him. You dont want to go down to his level, so dont fuck his car up. Just kick his ass bad enough to show him who's boss!:smokin: And after your done beating his ass, threaten him and tell him not to fuck with you ever again.

---
05-17-2005, 09:28 PM
If I were you, I'd find out where the little shits live, talk to their parents, and get them into some shit. If the paint balls don't come off you can press charges. I don't like doing shit to people, but when they fuck up my car I get pissed. That's a no-no.

96spyderman
05-17-2005, 09:41 PM
I agree... drive your car over to their house to show the parents... then tell them you are going to press charges or have them claim it on insurance so you get a new paint job :)

foxman18
05-17-2005, 10:03 PM
Ok, heres the problem... A bunch of kids paintballed my car this weekend with white paintballs... I have pressure washed it, scrubbed it, and pressure washed it again and it won't come off! A friend told me today that he thought the kind of paint used in those will eat the clearcoat. The sad part is that I just repainted the whole thing a few months ago... :frown: ANYONE KNOW WHAT TO DO TO GET IT OFF??? :frown:

have u tried windex? or there is cleaner called plexis but i dont know where to get it though, i barrowed my cousins it worked really good though.

also does anyone in the chicago area know anyone selling a 1997-1999 eclipse gs,gst or gsx for about $6000 thats in decent shape?its not for me i drive an MR2. its for my girlfriend she really wants one.

---
05-17-2005, 10:04 PM
have u tried windex? or there is cleaner called plexis but i dont know where to get it though, i barrowed my cousins it worked really good though.

also does anyone in the chicago area know anyone selling a 1997-1999 eclipse gs,gst or gsx for about $6000 thats in decent shape?its not for me i drive an MR2. its for my girlfriend she really wants one.

Try DSMTrader.com, Autotrader.com, or DSMTalk.com.

KNicePL
05-17-2005, 10:15 PM
Damn, that sucks man.

Hope you get your car straight soon!

Good luck.

Blackcrow64
05-17-2005, 10:46 PM
Yeah, I already went to the kids apartment and he wouldn't even answer the door. He sat on his cell phone inside his apartment talkin shit. I told him to come out and say it to my face but he tried telling me he was at cedar point after I listened to the phone ring inside his apartment. He's really dumb... He messed with my car and my girl. So now hes gonna have to mess with me... The funny part is, he will have to eventually show his face to me because he works at the same place as me.

But anyways, I'm gonna try windex in the morning. Another friend said it would probably strip the wax off also, but if it means saving my paint I'll do it... As for pressing charges, I didn't actually see him do it but he was running around with a paintball gun this weekend at a party. He was long gone when I found the car so I donno. All I know is this kids gonna get 20 years worth of rage in the first punch... (then I'll probably lose my job too, oh well)

---
05-17-2005, 10:58 PM
Yeah, I already went to the kids apartment and he wouldn't even answer the door. He sat on his cell phone inside his apartment talkin shit. I told him to come out and say it to my face but he tried telling me he was at cedar point after I listened to the phone ring inside his apartment. He's really dumb... He messed with my car and my girl. So now hes gonna have to mess with me... The funny part is, he will have to eventually show his face to me because he works at the same place as me.

But anyways, I'm gonna try windex in the morning. Another friend said it would probably strip the wax off also, but if it means saving my paint I'll do it... As for pressing charges, I didn't actually see him do it but he was running around with a paintball gun this weekend at a party. He was long gone when I found the car so I donno. All I know is this kids gonna get 20 years worth of rage in the first punch... (then I'll probably lose my job too, oh well)

Your DSM > Your job =P

Nah, if you file charges and tell them he was running around with a paintball gun and maybe a witness or two in the neighborhood then that will be proof enough for the po-po.

KNicePL
05-17-2005, 10:59 PM
How old is the kid anyways?

Sounds like someone thats 10 years old and immature would do such a thing. I mean come on, thats just fucked up what he did.

No matter his age, IMO you should still kick his a$$! :rofl: Or if the kid is too young for you to beat him up, just come to me, I'm 16 and i'll gladly beat his a$$, :lol:

foxman18
05-17-2005, 11:08 PM
Try DSMTrader.com, Autotrader.com, or DSMTalk.com.

thanks for the sites. also good luck to the guy that got his car paintballed that really sucks.

-Doug

Blackcrow64
05-17-2005, 11:18 PM
The kid "was" a good friend of mine, plus he just turned 18. As much fun as it would be to kick his ass, it would be more fun to have the cops after him. But, keep in mind the party we were at involved underage consumption by my girl and I don't want him gettin her into any trouble. (not sure how I would explain that one to her parents)

Killa_DSM
05-17-2005, 11:27 PM
Man, everytime I read this thread I look at your Talon. It looks sooo nice and clean, then I think of paint and shit all over it and pisses me off!!!

BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF THAT KID!!!

By the way those projectors set the car off, it makes your car look so aggressive!!!

KNicePL
05-17-2005, 11:29 PM
Pfft. 18? That would be no problem :lol: dont get the cops on him if you get the paint off. Just beat his ass yourself... Its double the fun!

gthompson97
05-17-2005, 11:41 PM
Man, everytime I read this thread I look at your Talon. It looks sooo nice and clean, then I think of paint and shit all over it and pisses me off!!!

that's exactly what i was thinking too. that's a very clean ass talon...and then paintballed up :mad: fuckin idiots always gotta be screwing with peoples cars. god that shit pisses me off.

Blackcrow64
05-18-2005, 12:01 AM
I'll get a picture of it in the morning for you guys, cause I'm sure your all wondering how bad it is. Hopefully tomorrow it will come off, it just sucks so bad. :frown:

MoozillaGSX
05-18-2005, 12:11 AM
i feel the same way to evertime i check AF an see this thread its pains me to know no one has beat the shit out of that kid yet, i swear to holy god that if anyone ever touches my car in bad maner id rush over an knock the day lights right out of um. ( im also a very angry person, im workin on it :icon16: ) but as of my state of mind right now......i dont think anything could stop me fom tearing into this guy. i almost feel badly enough for you to drive to your location just to stomp this fool for you. :angryfire

so sorry that you are in such a situation to not be able to call the 5o's. but i dont see why your girlfriend or the consumption of alchohal would be on trial or ever known ( not all parties have alchohal ) why would your GF have to be put through the ringer about alchohal to get through to the Paint-boy ?

if theirs no loop-hole an this kids as doesnt get taught a lesson i think i mite explode with rage and die or some thing :swear:

Blackcrow64
05-18-2005, 10:22 AM
Well, I have good news and bad news... The good news is that some windex and a little elbow grease took the paintballs off. Now for the bad news... I kind of expected it, but the clearcoat is scuffed to hell and back now. And, the paintballs left like grease spots on the clearcoat... So now I'm hoping that I can buff it all out so it'll be perfect again.

drewh4386
05-18-2005, 10:25 AM
Hopefully so. I like the redness you car has in that picture.

KNicePL
05-18-2005, 12:53 PM
Yea, I hope you get all that fixed up man, and soon.

MoozillaGSX
05-18-2005, 01:10 PM
that kinda good i guess.....but are you really not gona make that kid pay for anything ? you have to do something to make things right.

91 Eclipse
05-18-2005, 04:20 PM
beat the piss out of him.

Blackcrow64
05-18-2005, 10:43 PM
Yeah, the original Talon red was too blah for me... So when I repainted it, I actually painted it Corvette red... (it really wasn't too expensive)

I washed it again tonight and for the most part got a bit more of the "grease" stains out. The plastic part under the windshield wipers is ruined though... Its speckled with white paint, so I'll probably have to tear all that apart and repaint it black.

Don't worry, if I'm not able to beat his ass, then I'll find another way to have my revenge... hehe...

coolguycooz
05-19-2005, 01:46 AM
Go with the old ping pong ball in the gas tank its a classic. Every time he starts his car it runs for a bit then when the fuel pump sucks up the ping pong ball it blocks it and it dies so hes like WTF so he tries starting it again and it runs for a little bit and repeats and the best part is he wont know whats wrong.

Urban_Squrill
05-19-2005, 12:22 PM
lol

Nayr747
05-19-2005, 09:06 PM
You can get stuff called "Back to Black" for the plastic pieces and just polish the paint, you should be doing that once a year before the wax coat anyway. That should take off anything left on the piant. If your car was already waxed when it got paintballed, I would think that would protect it a little too.

Blackcrow64
05-19-2005, 09:43 PM
Yeah, it was waxed really good. It was soooo smooth... Now its kinda like blah. It rained all day, and i think it helped with the greasy residue spots...

I really like that ping pong trick. hehe...

Just to let ya'll know, the kid got robbed by his own roomate and when he found out that he robbed him, his roomate kicked him out. I think its quite funny since he got kicked out of his house too. :evillol:

nova1313
05-19-2005, 10:52 PM
thats the residue thats left around on clothing. Paintballs are usually filled with fish oils if thats any help at what might get them off...

Blackcrow64
05-20-2005, 12:04 AM
I just did some research on fish oils and it says dish soaps will eliminate fish oil stains... I was using car washing soaps instead. I think that I'll try some dish soap just to see how it works. Hopefully it'll take the paintballs off that plastic piece too.

Shpyder
05-20-2005, 03:49 PM
Just experiment with all the cleaning chemicals on your Firebird first!:lol2: And if it works do it on your dsm. lol

LMAO. :grinno::lol:

Can't say a lot that hasnt already been said Blackcrow64. Sorry to hear about all that shit; sometimes I feel like hiding in the bushes like a sniper for a couple of days, with a baseball bat in my hand, just to wait for someone to pull some shit on my car so I can crack some skulls. :killbarne:twak::devil:

(Blackcrow64, your talon looks *awesome* with those halo lights! Plus the red withblack roof scheme makes it look like a red Spyder!

Add your comment to this topic!