Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Vanquish clutch for sale, anyone interested?

sivstang
05-16-2005, 05:22 PM
I have a brand new vanquish clutch for sale. If anyone is interested let me know e-mail siv@techie.com. retail is 5k on it I will let it go $3200.

LovinVanquishS
06-05-2005, 01:37 AM
I have a brand new vanquish clutch for sale. If anyone is interested let me know e-mail siv@techie.com. retail is 5k on it I will let it go $3200.

Is this clutch for the 2004 and before Vanquish or the 2005 Vanquish S?

sivstang
06-06-2005, 10:44 AM
This clutch is for a 2004 and before vanquish, sorry for not including that in my prior description.

Do you need a vanquish s clutch? if so there is a possiblity I can get one.

LovinVanquishS
06-06-2005, 09:58 PM
This clutch is for a 2004 and before vanquish, sorry for not including that in my prior description.

Do you need a vanquish s clutch? if so there is a possiblity I can get one.

Well, I don't need one just yet but as I hear...I just might. My car comes in September. :smile:

Redux
06-29-2005, 02:23 AM
Well, I don't need one just yet but as I hear...I just might. My car comes in September. :smile:

congrats on the purchase! :)

My dad has a vanquish, what would you need a clutch for...? Arent the S's paddleshift too?

sivstang
06-29-2005, 10:51 AM
congrats on the purchase! :)

My dad has a vanquish, what would you need a clutch for...? Arent the S's paddleshift too?

Yes they are paddle shift, but the transmission is still a manual. Which requires a clutch. The transmission just uses hydraulic components to shit.

Aston_Jag_Tech
06-13-2006, 11:00 PM
Ive seen the clutches last a short time in the cars. What our field engineer advised us of is to advise the owners of the cars is that, whenever at a stop for a long period put the transmission in neutral with foot on the brake. Do not leave it in first stopped for a long period with foot on the brake. It gives the throwout bearing to release and allowing the pressure plate, disc, and other components to transfer heat more evenly.

I measured a pressure plate and it was warped. The clutch disc was worn on the outside only and the inside of the disc was still very new.:mad:

City driving will wear the disc out faster than someone who drives on freeways obviously.

Think of when you drive a normal stick in the city right? But the ASM gearbox is electronically controlled and the software has its values and parameters and is told what to do no matter what.

I have heard it is the same time expectancy as a Ferrari

-Scott

Add your comment to this topic!