Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Beeping

MattFChurchill
05-11-2005, 07:44 PM
When I turn my key to the on position it starts to make a beep/buzzing noise, does this about 4 times, then waits a second then does it all over again. It stops after about 30 seconds. Then it does it again every 30 minutes that the car is on.

its not a seatbelt chime, or any of the other chimes, i think it may be that the owner before me may have had a breathalyzer in the car and they left that part hooked up when they got rid of the car.

If anyone has any comments or suggestions on how i could get it to quit beeping it would be greatly appreciated!!!

I have found the source of the beeping, it is a blue box that is under the cup holders in the center console. I have unhooked the wiring harness from the box and it doesnt beep anymore, and everything still works. Im just curious what this box's purpose is now.

Fgreco
05-13-2005, 01:43 PM
Well, I have a mercury mystique as well. I have the 97' I dont have any blue box and I bought the car used and all parts were stock parts. I would call the owners of the can and ask them. Say I noticed a blue box what is it for. I am sure it is for nothing to do with the car it brobley was somthing they hooked up there. If your car has an alarm on it use it and see if it works if it dont they try to hook it up again and see if it works I dont think it is the alarm. The alarm should be to the left of the stering wheel. Hope this helps.

MattFChurchill
05-15-2005, 09:13 PM
When I turn my key to the on position it starts to make a beep/buzzing noise, does this about 4 times, then waits a second then does it all over again. It stops after about 30 seconds. Then it does it again every 30 minutes that the car is on.

its not a seatbelt chime, or any of the other chimes, i think it may be that the owner before me may have had a breathalyzer in the car and they left that part hooked up when they got rid of the car.

If anyone has any comments or suggestions on how i could get it to quit beeping it would be greatly appreciated!!!

I have found the source of the beeping, it is a blue box that is under the cup holders in the center console. I have unhooked the wiring harness from the box and it doesnt beep anymore, and everything still works. Im just curious what this box's purpose is now.

I went to the local ford dealership here in town and they told me it is the air bag monitor.....so NOT GOOD! gonna be an expencive one...

its been doing the beeping since i got the car about 5 months ago...damn shady car dealerships....

3100guy
03-05-2009, 09:53 PM
I believe it's your airbag control module. It will have two wires plugged into it. One for the driver airbag and one for the passenger airbag. I had the same problem with my 95 mystique and unplugged one of the wires and the beeping stopped too. It means that that airbag probably will not work. Don't know what the laws are about disabling airbags but to be safe you should check in your jurisdiction so as not to be fined if reselling the car.

beyondloadedSE
03-12-2009, 02:31 PM
I believe it's your airbag control module. It will have two wires plugged into it. One for the driver airbag and one for the passenger airbag. I had the same problem with my 95 mystique and unplugged one of the wires and the beeping stopped too. It means that that airbag probably will not work. Don't know what the laws are about disabling airbags but to be safe you should check in your jurisdiction so as not to be fined if reselling the car.

4 year old thread resurrection! :disappoin

Add your comment to this topic!