Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Boost leak problem, valve cover breather?

Killa_DSM
05-09-2005, 05:52 PM
Hey, I did a boost leak test and it seems like all the air is escaping through the valve cover breather tube. I dont think this is supose to happen is it?:eek7: Can someone explain?

Killa_DSM
05-09-2005, 08:29 PM
Ok, so I attached the boost leak testor directly to the tb elbo, and there is still air getting through to the valve cover breather. Could this mean that i have a bad valve seal, or bad piston rings? Also found a boost leak at the injectors.

97GSTspyder
05-10-2005, 12:12 PM
you hooked the tester up to the tb elbow? i always thought it was suppose to be hooked up to the turbo inlet. take off the intake snorkel and put the leak tester in its place, then run air through the system and listen/feel for leaks. i don't see why air would be coming through the breather tube, though. that's kind of odd to me.

Killa_DSM
05-10-2005, 01:22 PM
I usaully do hook it up to the turbo. But it wasnt building pressure, and found air leaking out the valve cover breather so I connected it directly to the elbow. I search on dsmtuners and other people have the same problem but I cant find any real answers.

96spyderman
05-10-2005, 04:01 PM
I had the same thing on mine....I also had valve seals goin bad...not sure if that was the cause or not....

guitarXgeek
05-10-2005, 04:36 PM
Seems like a possibly bad PCV valve to me.

Killa_DSM
05-11-2005, 01:03 AM
Well after reading alot on dsmtuners.com, I found out that if the car is wormed up it doesnt leak as bad. So thats a good thing. And also I check the PCV valve and it was working correctly.

Add your comment to this topic!