Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

b16a into a 95 civic

_93civchatch_
05-04-2005, 03:22 PM
ok so im looking at purchasing a 95 civic hatch with a b16a in it. i know that engine and tranny is from the 6th gen cars, or whatever, the 88-91... is having this cable tranny a bad thing? the car is 3500, good condition... weapon type 4 intake, no cat... and a catback magnaflow exhaust. and coilovers but i forget what kind? good deal and what about the tranny?

Ace$nyper
05-04-2005, 04:09 PM
WTF is this about im so damn lost?

not all b16s came from 6th gens. cable trannies fucking own only a true straight cut box would be better *yes I know what sound like and that is way better then a bov*

if bodys in good shape doesn't sound bad?

but do you mean it has a cable tranny in it?

CivicSpoon
05-04-2005, 04:09 PM
If it's a cable tranny then it's from a 4th gen, not a 6th gen. The 5th gens on up all have hydro trannys. You should test drive it and then determine if having a cable tranny is bad or not. Some people prefer it over hydro, some prefer the hydro; all a matter of opinion. If the car is in good condition (no rust, major dents or damage, drives and turns good, not leaking fluids, etc); then that price sounds reasonable. But when you buy a car that already has an engine swap and modifications, you never know if they were done correctly or if the person beat on the car every day.
Edit: damn Ace, looks like I'm jsut 1 step behind you on here :D

_93civchatch_
05-04-2005, 10:07 PM
ok, yes i was asking about the cable tranny, and your right 4th gen, thats my bad, it was a quick 3 sec post. lol. seems like a good deal. im gonna go drive it and find out. thankz

Add your comment to this topic!