Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Problems with 96 Mystique

Juneebug57
04-30-2005, 01:26 AM
I own a 1996 Mystique and for the past few months I have been having problems with it. When I step on the accellerator the car chugs and jerks and sometimes the car just wouldn't go. I have noticed that this only happens when my rpm gauge drops below 2100. I took it in to a shop and had new spark plugs and wires put in and it ran fine. After about 2 weeks the problem came back. I took it back to the shop and they took out the spark plugs and found one had gone bad. Once again the car ran great for about 2 weeks and the problem returned. This past week I took the car to another shop and they cleared the codes and reprogramed the computer. The car ran great for 5 days and now the problem is back. I called the place where I took it and they have to clue what could be causing the problem to keep coming back. Any ideas on what the problem could be caused by would really help me out.

beyondloadedSE
05-01-2005, 03:11 PM
what were the codes they cleared? That could have something to do with it? Perhaps a too lean code were cooking your plugs?

Add your comment to this topic!