Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Injectors on 84 vic w/EFI

ajschaapy
04-25-2005, 10:39 PM
Ok I own a 1984 Crown Vic. It was givin to me from a friend at first it ran fine then it started having problems stalling when you went over bumps and took sharp corners, and it wouldnt start after that untill you let it sit for an hour. Now it wont start at all I got a new fuel pump in it, the safety shut off swith is new the fuels relay is new, the fuel filter is new, so I am assuming the injectors are bad except the harness for them shows power and mitchell on demand suggset if the injectors are good they will show 2.0 - 3.5 ohms of resistence which after testing them they have 2.8 ohms. Any suggestions or something I havent checked yet.

peppermrj
04-27-2005, 06:59 PM
Pressure regulater?

tommysevens
04-29-2005, 02:18 PM
and did the same as you...and still had the same problem
what worked for me is i'd fill the tank at citco and used s.t.p.(with jet fuel)cleaner.of course, jet fuel is kerosene with a few additives.
then i took off the e.g.r. valve(located behind the carburetor)and had to hit the valve with a brass hammer to get it unstuck.then i checked the inertia switch located on the drivers side of the trunk hinge.i took off the whole thing and bypassed it with a wire to close the circuit. the problem still remained!!!(it's recommended to reinstall it for safety)
eventually the problem is almost gone,once in a great while it stalls.
i noticed that the vehicle would give a jolt before stalling.that leads me to believe it's a sensor(perhaps the MAP sensor)???

Add your comment to this topic!