Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Weird Fuel Filter Replacement Question?

Skenzin
04-25-2005, 07:51 PM
So I replaced my fuel filter today. (little background) I bought my 92' g20 with 130,000 miles on it in 2001. Other than a brake job its been by far the most reliable car I've ever owned. It now has 174,000 miles and its never stranded me anywhere. I'm not very mechanical. I can replace spark plugs/wires/air filter/ etc. and thats about it. I noticed in the past year the car has lost its zip. Feels sluggish like Im driving with Ebrake partially on or something. I'd do more but the service manual is vague and hard to follow.

The fuel filters never been changed in my ownership and the thing may have never been changed. So I did it, but there was a hollow plastic tube about 2-3 inches long in the OUT-hose after I disconnected it from the filter. It fell out. I was so nervous doing everything when I put everything back I can't remeber how this peice went. One side is rounded somewhat and the other is just straight. The opening is the same width on both sides. It didnt seem to matter much which way it went so I put the rounded side toward the filter end. Any ideas would help.

-newbie.

btw. rags soaked up all the gas, I put everything back tight as possible. no leaks. Car seems to run better but I only took it around the block. Man that felt manly.

J..M
08-14-2005, 04:33 PM
Could it be a anti syphon one way valve ? ...... Either way if your car still runs & it doesn't leak fuel at all, I wouldn't bother about it :)

Add your comment to this topic!