Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

NSX losing to ricer DSM?

Rampart Crawler
04-24-2005, 04:39 PM
http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=784D0F36-57DF-4350-98B8-72392A49E23B&t=

You can see an awd dsm launch on a NSX. I know the NSX isn't that fast for the $$$, but it appeared that the owner wasn't racing. What is your take?

knorwj
04-24-2005, 08:53 PM
turbo DSMs can get nasty relatively cheap, however it appears that the nsx didn't even give it the gas.

tsugsr
04-25-2005, 01:11 AM
if you notice during the first run, the NSX killed the other car, then on off the line, the NSX didnt even launch. and the guys in the video car sound like a bunch of duech bags

projectsilvia97
04-25-2005, 08:46 PM
nsx's aren't that slow. i believe they are mid to high 13 sec car. that's decent to me.

dampachi
04-26-2005, 06:20 PM
nsxs are slow for the money. but yeah..he didn't even race the second time.

tsugsr
04-27-2005, 12:39 PM
^^ they are only "slow for the money" because no one uses them for what they were built, they were not built as a drag racer. They were built as a road course killer, and thats exactly what they do, they kick some serious ass out on a real race track.

GScivic7
04-27-2005, 12:49 PM
^^^ Agreed, same thing with the ITR, not the quickest in a straight line, but one of the best handling FWD cars ever made.

Rampart Crawler
04-27-2005, 06:20 PM
^^^ Agreed, same thing with the ITR, not the quickest in a straight line, but one of the best handling FWD cars ever made.
That's all well and good, but I have seen vette's, vipers, EVO's, STi's and the late RX7 spank this car around the track. Just think(let's not include insurance or registering)...

For the price of a new NSX at my two closest dealers, I could buy...
'05 Mustang
'04-'05 WRX STi
'04-'05 300C Hemi.

I know some could get it for cheaper(or atleast claim they can). But that is the price locally. The low $90k range.:/

I also know this is a honda forum and you won't like what I said about the NSX. And I know even though I said the RX7, vette, viper, Evo, ect. could beat it at the track, the NSX could beat all of them depending on track and conditions, also. Just too close a gap for that price. I do admit it is a nice looking car. Just can't justify the price tag.

Rampart Crawler
04-27-2005, 06:24 PM

As for one of the best handling FWD cars ever made, the SRT-4 pulls equal skidpad numbers and has great turning response, and the SVT focus, for whatever reason is a track freak. The Mini could leave them all.

GScivic7
04-27-2005, 07:21 PM
Big thing about the NSX is that it is completely handmade. I don't think that any of the cars you listed are handmade from the ground up.

KevinE326
04-29-2005, 12:20 PM
Big thing about the NSX is that it is completely handmade. I don't think that any of the cars you listed are handmade from the ground up.

and that adds what? I dont care if the new pope made it with his bare hands alone that doesnt add $?0,000 to the price.

GScivic7
04-29-2005, 12:44 PM
and that adds what? I dont care if the new pope made it with his bare hands alone that doesnt add $?0,000 to the price.
you seriously don't know...it's called quality. Every piece of the NSX being handmade ensures top notch quality.

97_3clipse
04-29-2005, 10:49 PM
DSMs are made with wrenches , not with "hand crafted" chop sitcks that the nsxs is made with.....

GScivic7
04-29-2005, 11:43 PM
NSXs are made with chop sticks??? Really...proof please.

dampachi
04-30-2005, 12:53 AM
DSMs are made with wrenches , not with "hand crafted" chop sitcks that the nsxs is made with.....

whoa dude..he's talking about quality. bringing up DSMs DEFINITELY wont win you this arguement. hahah.

KrNxRaCer00
04-30-2005, 04:38 AM
get it back on topic, or don't post at all.

Shpyder
05-05-2005, 11:47 AM
I dont think the NSX owner was even racing, or atleast, didnt look like that in the video.

Ace$nyper
05-05-2005, 12:01 PM
if you notice during the first run, the NSX killed the other car, then on off the line, the NSX didnt even launch. and the guys in the video car sound like a bunch of duech bags
yea lmfao

after getting raped he gives a ricer fly by and thinks its a kill?

SiGNAL748
05-07-2005, 01:35 AM
Rampart Crawler, I happen to have video of an NSX taking out Ferrari's and Lambos on the track, and by track I mean circuit racing. I will gladly host it if you wish. This is not to say that a brand new Z06 couldn't take out an NSX, because it might, and probably could. But you have to remember that the design of the NSX is timeless, its been basically the same car for over decade now. A Corvette from over a decade ago sure couldn't take out an NSX on the track.

If you're trying to compare an NSX to other cars in straight line performance, you have no business talking about an NSX in the first place. You have to understand that certain cars have their place in the market. Sure, its not the fastest quarter mile car ever. But I'd like to see a 9 second muscle car take an NSX on the circuit. Not gonna happen.

I'm not sure that its right to say that the NSX is not worth it for the money. Maybe its better to say that the NSX may not be practical for the uses of most people.

I'm not saying that the NSX is the best car ever, its not. It sure has its weaknesses. But its strong points are truly something to behold.

Shpyder
05-07-2005, 12:23 PM
If you're trying to compare an NSX to other cars in straight line performance, you have no business talking about an NSX in the first place. You have to understand that certain cars have their place in the market.

You know what, you nailed it right there. A vast majority of people unconciously (sp?) refer to straight line performance when they talk about cars, 99% of the time in fact. I would chose an NSX in a course over a lot of supercars out there, including Ferraris and Lambos. I used to think that the NSX sucked, considering its high price and average 0-60 times for the money(VR4 and NSX are practically the same times in a drag). But it struck me much later that the car wasn't meant to do what I wanted it to do, ie, kick the shit outta cars in a drag race. It's a track car, and needs to be appreciated as a track car. :sunglasse

SiGNAL748
05-07-2005, 12:34 PM
Glad to see someone agrees with me.

Ace$nyper
05-07-2005, 03:22 PM
Rampart Crawler, I happen to have video of an NSX taking out Ferrari's and Lambos on the track, and by track I mean circuit racing. I will gladly host it if you wish. This is not to say that a brand new Z06 couldn't take out an NSX, because it might, and probably could. But you have to remember that the design of the NSX is timeless, its been basically the same car for over decade now. A Corvette from over a decade ago sure couldn't take out an NSX on the track.

If you're trying to compare an NSX to other cars in straight line performance, you have no business talking about an NSX in the first place. You have to understand that certain cars have their place in the market. Sure, its not the fastest quarter mile car ever. But I'd like to see a 9 second muscle car take an NSX on the circuit. Not gonna happen.

I'm not sure that its right to say that the NSX is not worth it for the money. Maybe its better to say that the NSX may not be practical for the uses of most people.

I'm not saying that the NSX is the best car ever, its not. It sure has its weaknesses. But its strong points are truly something to behold.
your right with that. As normal now send me that vid :naughty:

tran_nsx
05-07-2005, 04:12 PM
whoa dude..he's talking about quality. bringing up DSMs DEFINITELY wont win you this arguement. hahah.

haha. haven't been in this honda forum in a while, but this is to freaken funny.

a couple years ago i remember reading a test of several of these high performance cars including a ferrari, porshe, corvette, viper, nsx and some others. guess what? the nsx was place 2nd, the test drivers admit the only reason why the nsx didn't get 1st was that it lacked the power compared to the 400+ hp cars.

SiGNAL748
05-07-2005, 04:41 PM
haha. haven't been in this honda forum in a while, but this is to freaken funny.

a couple years ago i remember reading a test of several of these high performance cars including a ferrari, porshe, corvette, viper, nsx and some others. guess what? the nsx was place 2nd, the test drivers admit the only reason why the nsx didn't get 1st was that it lacked the power compared to the 400+ hp cars.

Which is why comptech exists. :naughty:

Rampart Crawler
05-08-2005, 12:28 PM

Yeah, it really competes with Ferrari's. That explians why they compare it to $30,000 wonders, like the STi, EVO and 350Z and it usually doesn't win. I mean, look at the new 'Forced Fed' lotus Elise (example) that goes for under $60,000, and it has 275 bhp, weighs less than a sport compact, can pull 1.04g lateral accel, and runs 12.5 in the 1320 and takes 4 seconds to 60. It also is the size of a sardine. And for $11,000 more($71,000), you can get the HO Forced Fed Elise, which makes 400bhp. Mmmm, and still cheaper than a NSX

See, the 'forced fed' Elise, impractical.

The NSX has under 300bhp, weighs as much as the average C5 Vette, has under 1g lateral accel, and costs $90,000.

The NSX isn't worth the money.
And being hand mades means nothing considering it has had its chare of mechanical problems, like any other car.

I do know the NSX isn't made for drag racing. What it is made for, I don't know.

SiGNAL748
05-08-2005, 01:18 PM
Then don't buy the car.

Complaining about the car isn't going to change the fact that it exists and that other people are going to buy it. I'm not sure what you're trying to pull here. But if you're just trying to state your opinion on the NSX, then it has already been taken and held with high regard. Opinion is entitled.

tran_nsx
05-08-2005, 08:21 PM
Yeah, it really competes with Ferrari's. That explians why they compare it to $30,000 wonders, like the STi, EVO and 350Z and it usually doesn't win. I mean, look at the new 'Forced Fed' lotus Elise (example) that goes for under $60,000, and it has 275 bhp, weighs less than a sport compact, can pull 1.04g lateral accel, and runs 12.5 in the 1320 and takes 4 seconds to 60. It also is the size of a sardine. And for $11,000 more($71,000), you can get the HO Forced Fed Elise, which makes 400bhp. Mmmm, and still cheaper than a NSX

See, the 'forced fed' Elise, impractical.

The NSX has under 300bhp, weighs as much as the average C5 Vette, has under 1g lateral accel, and costs $90,000.

The NSX isn't worth the money.
And being hand mades means nothing considering it has had its chare of mechanical problems, like any other car.

I do know the NSX isn't made for drag racing. What it is made for, I don't know.

dude, stop complaining please. many guys like u go to the nsx forum with the same arguement with less affordable cars. if u can't realized to appreciate the beauty and performance of the nsx, then just keep moving on. u don't see me going to the lamborhini forum and bashing on ferarri and lamborghini because a honda/acura can beat some of thier 400+ cars and cost 150g less. even though the nsx-r can beat cars such as the gallardo, cost extremely less, and has less maintenance and repair issues, this doesn't mean i don't appreciate the lamborghini gallardo. they are both magnificent automobiles.

Shpyder
05-08-2005, 09:54 PM
beauty is in the eye of the beholder. makes great sense with regards to cars too...

Gohan Ryu
05-09-2005, 03:47 PM

Unsubstantiated claim made by someone who cannot accept facts. When someone gets ganged up on, they usually start making up facts and quotes to seem more knowledgeable. Didn't work here.

tran_nsx
05-16-2005, 02:30 AM
thought i put some of these vids up of the nsx and other sport cars racing. not bad for a car that isn't meant for the 1/4 mile.

porsche vs nsx
http://www.runeb.org/www_docs/Jexoticasite/soundandvideo/porsche911vsNSXtypeszero.mpg

ferrari vs nsx
http://www.runeb.org/www_docs/Jexoticasite/soundandvideo/ferrari355vsNSXtypeszero.mpg

skyline vs nsx
http://www.runeb.org/www_docs/Jexoticasite/soundandvideo/gtrvspecvsNSXtypes.mpg

and this one is too funny
mclaren f1 vs skyline
http://www.runeb.org/www_docs/Jexoticasite/soundandvideo/Top_Gear-McLaren_F1_vs_Nissan_Skyline.avi

GudeCiv
05-18-2005, 11:53 PM
NSX
Handmade, I didn't know that, that kinda puts it with Ferrari
doesn't the new 3.2L Type S run a 12 something?
NSX again was stated as a road racing monster, not a small track killer.
Minis, focus's etc kill the auto X track sure, but put them on an open road track and they look stupid with the NSX. The RX7 is a nice competitor but you dont get the N/A powe the NSX puts out. Also it is the father figure of VTEC, economy friendly and mad pull friendly. It also has an admirable balance from front to rear(for road racing) low center of gravity, sport tuned suspension for whatever applicaiton you desire. Type S, Type R etc. Type S Zero. AND the money is also in the engine balance. Hondas quality cranks, efficient ass liter/horsepower ratio, its a V6 at screaming I-4 Revs. The Ferrari 360 Modena has a 3.6L?? V12 high rev engine ALL MOTOR.
The NSX has a 3.2L V6 high rev engine ALL MOTOR.
So price tag? seems extremely appropriate, if you disagree then i dont mind finding you some sources, comparisons, and getting technical on this conversation. Thank you for reading.

95whitehb
05-19-2005, 09:57 PM
there's a reason you see more old Honda's dippin around than DSM's; QUALITY - -and to see an NSX R on the track is beautiful thing... if u dont see that, yer jus stupid, sorry. the mustang, sti, or hemi do not compare .... not at all. not to a true car enthusiast. no, the nsx is not the fastest car out there, but it is impecably crafted :) and it does what its built to do almost without fault.

diegoaccord
05-26-2005, 12:46 AM
This is a Honda board, you know they are gonna defend the NSX no matter what.

But, still- a 2G DSM AWD + $2500 = 12's or better, and you'd still be in for less than $7000 including the car.

NSX is still good car. Looks good, except the new 2003+ front end, and sounds good.

But still, people make the claim about stock for stock. Out of Japan, these cars are as good when stock...

CP9A(VI TME)
BNR34
GC8K
FD3S
JZA80

Either one costs 1/3 to 1/2 of the NA2. Then start modding them all equally. The NSX starts to lose it's appeal even more.

I've more potent track beast Skylines, and Evo's, and WRX's than NSX's. By the time you put the difference in the MSRP's into the other cars, they are above 450 HP on stock turbos, and have suspensions that kill NSX. Even when you mod the NSX accordingly to match, it's still going to be out ran at a track.

Put 85,000 into a DSM(saying the car is $5,000) to match the price, and then REALLY watch the fuck out!

Too bad there are no Evo VI, or R34's allowed here...

knorwj
05-26-2005, 02:39 PM
jesus f'ing christ buddy do you think your sig is big enough?

Aiden2002
05-27-2005, 03:57 PM
NSX....Freakin' cool....Freakin' Expensive. It's a track car out of the box. It's not intended for people to modify, not that people don't. If you're talking modifing the car to the extreme for the least, I'd recommend something like a CRX or other light and old (cause old usually means cheap) car. Throw a billion or so dollars into it and it'll be fast. Basically what i'm trying to say is that it costs money to modify a car. Get one that is aesthetically pleasing and then design it to your specifications.

Oh and about the video, er, racing in general, I think it's funny when people talk trash, get beat and then blame it on "miss shifting" or "not double clutching" hehe, Oh mr. Diesel (or how ever you spell it) that was very much the wrong choice of words.

Add your comment to this topic!