Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Tweaks?

Tsunami_Sephi
04-19-2005, 03:05 AM
I own a 96 prizm lsi and I was looking for inexpensive things you can do to either shed pounds or gain Torque/horsepower. I have a very small budget and I need bang for the buck, like parts under $100. Any thoughts?

bigirb2002
04-19-2005, 11:55 AM
well go on ebay serch for geo prism aair intake. the dragon intake should pop up.it for 100 this wil breath new life into your car.you will notice massive gain in power about 5-12 horses.air intake is the best thing you can do.secondly i added a high flow catalic converter an some flow masters (40 series or ones for a 4 cyclinder engine)an new header i gained 20 horses. so i got an over all gain on about 20-34 horses just by working on intake an exhaust. the reason of the gain is that stock parts are a restriction when you add new exaust an intake you open up the engine more. it can breath an fly.good luck

Tsunami_Sephi
04-20-2005, 01:58 AM
I meant more along the lines of pulling insulation, droppibng spare tire, etc. I was just curius on how people enhance their cars with minimal or no money. I know about Cold air and cat back. I've been in the game since 97, so I have more than a general knowlege of bolt ons.

KaotiKCamaro5
04-25-2005, 06:46 PM
honestly.. there isnt much to be gained by pulling out insulation or the spare.. some say to leave it in, after all.. you never know when you might need it...

Add your comment to this topic!