Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Busy spring so far... 93 gs-r vs. 2003ish Roush mustang

knorwj
04-19-2005, 12:11 AM
haha ok ok this one was just for fun. I was stopped at a light waiting to get on the old highway and I noticed this beautiful mustang in front of me, and of course the Roush tag stuck to it... (keep in mind I went to the dealership and checked this thing out last summer... exact same car)

anyway I just sit an drool a bit until the light turns green. really had no intention of racing and I really never did, but he kinda sorta takes off up the highway quickly. So I was going that way anyway so I make sure to keep him in sight. So at the next light I roll up behind him again and give a little hum from my car. So i'm assuming at this point he thinks i'm some stupid ricer trying to race him when really i just wanted to hear /see some action from this car I would have loved to buy. So the light turns green and he friggen mashes it. I mean the whole car was flexing and twitching with power as he took off... amazing. So nice. Best part was that I doubt he was giving it its all because there was no tire spin whatsoever, the car just hunkered back and tore ass out of there.

I used to go to the track all the time so i've seen alot, but let me tell you I was impressed with this car on the street. I know Roush has different stages but I couldn't tell you what this one was just that he must have had something good under that hood because no GT moves like that.

edit: ok just looked it up on the roush website, and it looked just like the stage 2 so maybe it was a stock motor but it didn't move like it. maybe he had some aftermarket stuff added to it. Still a beautiful car either way.

dampachi
04-19-2005, 10:05 AM
I was never really impressed with Roush stuff..just saleens and cobras.

knorwj
04-19-2005, 10:10 AM

yeah performance wise they really aren't as good, but i like the way they look over a saleen.

civicHBsi91
04-19-2005, 10:09 PM

lol you ever seen that silver v6 with the roush package? kid thinks hes the hottest shit on the street.

The red roush mustang that rolls around with him is pretty nice though...

dampachi
04-19-2005, 10:59 PM
Yeah, it's a convertible right? I also see a silver V6 with all the cobra body components. Looks just like a cobra...then he takes off and you can hear the weak V6 come to life.

Shpyder
04-20-2005, 12:36 AM
There are so many trims these stangs came in... I would have better luck asking ppl in the pony forums, but anyone know a site where i can get a list of all the trims they came out with?

TheRedPill
05-24-2005, 08:23 PM
What mods do you have, the 1.7 170 hp. cable tranny 1993 GSR has no torque, and in no way could beat a newer GT or the like, in any way, especially since they weigh in at like 2600 lbs. You would need an engine swap or forced induction to beat a 99-04 GT ruststain. List please....

dampachi
05-25-2005, 08:32 AM
What mods do you have, the 1.7 170 hp. cable tranny 1993 GSR has no torque, and in no way could beat a newer GT or the like, in any way, especially since they weigh in at like 2600 lbs. You would need an engine swap or forced induction to beat a 99-04 GT ruststain. List please....

He never said he beat any mustangs. :dunno:

knorwj
05-25-2005, 11:17 AM

learn to read. :disappoin

KrNxRaCer00
05-26-2005, 04:42 AM

er...the new mustangs (04) still weigh over 3300 lbs (3347 to be exact)....

i don't see why you're so hung up on the stangs. no one here was hating on them, nor saying he could/could not beat a GT. read, stop bashing, and stop posting bogus information or stay out.

Rampart Crawler
06-12-2005, 02:54 PM
But you don't understand. Mustangs can never lose!:o

Add your comment to this topic!