Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

91 storm..... engine dies

mamamargi
04-17-2005, 10:28 AM
My engine dies out while while I'm driving... it just quits, for no apparent reason. Sometimes it will start right back up. Sometimes I have to sit for 5-10 minutes before it will start. Other times I have to wait an hour or longer and then it goes.....runs fine. There is no warning that it's gonna stall out, it just dies. It doesnt seem to matter if it's hot or cold, it has happened under both circumstances. It's very strange.... can anyone help?? PLEEEEEEZE????? :dunno:

corners
04-27-2005, 02:57 AM
Are there any trouble codes stored? May be ignition module.

ceil01
06-02-2005, 04:17 PM
I had this problem with mine, and it was a short in the ignition switch. I'm not sure if yours is the same thing as mine. I would be driving along doing 60 on highway, and all of a sudden the tachometer would drop to zero, sometimes it would go back up and sometimes it would just die. I had it to so many people and no computer codes would come up. Even the dealer could not find the problem, because it did not happen when it was in the shop. It was too intermittent to diagnose. But I found an electrical guy and he figured it out. It has been over a year since he fixed the ignition switch and never any more problems.

Add your comment to this topic!