Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

The old NFS we know gone?

Dreamspawn
04-15-2005, 02:28 PM
Well with 3 of the "tuner" NFS as i call them in a row, what about the old NFS? What bout a Hot Pursuit 3? Or somthign with the exotics back in it? EA has a huge deal with Ferrari,Porsche, and lamborghini they payed for and they havn't used it to there advantage here latley so what gives?

DerekDodge
04-15-2005, 11:00 PM
Well with need for speed most wanted coming in November, It has tuners Muscle and exotic, Plus Cops on open course what more could you ask for............................HMMM

Dreamspawn
04-16-2005, 11:28 AM
Are u sure the info i got on it was that it had tuner cars and shops. And was being made by the NFS:Underground team not the NFS orginal team.

DerekDodge
04-16-2005, 06:28 PM
???

Hobbes
04-16-2005, 11:45 PM
Where is this info coming from? I'd love for them to get back into running from the cops in an exotic. (I still enjoy Hot Pursuit II)

EDIT: Never mind, I found it...

I think it is the same EA team. They just decided to go a different route. Don't expect them to go back to the old days anytime soon. (I like the blacklist feature)

Dreamspawn
04-17-2005, 03:22 PM
According to megagames.com it said that it was a differnt crue. But i agree i still play hot pursiut ALL the time. Don't get me wrong the underground games are good and neat but just not as fun and flying down a course in a car that most of us will probably never see let alone own one.

XeVeNskyLiNE
04-17-2005, 05:47 PM
i don't understand why EA didnt just combine the exotics and tuners, the best of both worlds. too late now, cuz rockstar games nailed that concept with midnight club 3. that game is fuckin badass, IMO it beats out nfsu2, plus mc3's online features are alot better, ps2 owners can actually use keyboards on mc3!! rejoice!!! lol

Dreamspawn
04-17-2005, 06:47 PM
Or u can always just play games on your pc and get the best online things and mods. LoL

Hobbes
04-18-2005, 01:06 PM
Or u can always just play games on your pc and get the best online things and mods. LoL

I want to do that, but my computer just won't take it (as old as it is)

Midnight Club 3 kicks ass!!!!!!

Dreamspawn
04-18-2005, 05:02 PM
Build u one. I built a pc capable of playing most games *save for Farcry and Doom3* for like 300$ If u have the knowledge its not hard at all. I did a custome case also.

gigglesnirt
04-18-2005, 05:39 PM
i wish they would make older styles of nfs, i hate the newer ones, and the older one you could get just aobut any vehicle you wanted from what people would create

ModifiedCars
04-19-2005, 11:14 PM
So there are two types of Need for Speed players that I’ve met. First, there are those that just love high-speed street racing in the fastest cars on the planet. And then there are those that love the thrill of being chased by the police.

Believe it or not, a lot of people love being chased. Whenever I mention that I work with the Need for Speed team, the first thing I hear is, “Please bring back pursuit mode.” For the uninitiated, pursuit mode was first introduced in Need for Speed Hot Pursuit and allowed racers a new adrenal boost as they not only fought to out-rev other racers, they had to dodge police pursuits, spike strips, and missile firing helicopters... standard police protocol for any high-speed pursuit.

Yesterday, those same players that have dogged me at any party can rejoice as EA has announced Need for Speed Most Wanted – complete with flashing blues in the rearview mirror.

This is not the same Pursuit Mode you’ve played again and again as you’ve waited for the popular gameplay mode to return. The development team has decided to evolve Pursuit Mode from the realm of bumbling cops trying to pull you over after you’ve smashed into a wall to modern police strategies that are used in real-life high-speed chases (the OJ chase is still an exception to any rule). They even hired chase experts to make it realistic. That means you’re going to have to upgrade your evasion skills too.

Due in November, Need for Speed Most Wanted is a departure from the street whips in Need for Speed Underground 2 but adds the latter game’s best features: open world and customization. From tuners, supercars, muscles and sports cars, you’ll be able to build the ride you’re looking for or the ride you’re just dying to have in real life.

New to the series will be the Blacklist, a list of the most wanted racers in the game. As you race through the game your Rap Sheet and street cred moves you up the illicit racing ladder to go head-to-head with other racers or test your skills against up to half a dozen cops looking to ask for your license and registration.

Need for Speed Most Wanted will deliver the fast-paced experience you desire on just about any console you have including a next generation console as well as the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, Xbox® videogame system from Microsoft, Nintendo GameCube™, Nintendo DS™, Game Boy® Advance, PSP™ handheld entertainment system and PC.

We can’t say when in November Need for Speed Most Wanted will arrive but you might want to cancel any events in November just to free up your schedule... school, Thanksgiving, etc.

Dreamspawn
04-20-2005, 03:53 PM
"Due in November, Need for Speed Most Wanted is a departure from the street whips in Need for Speed Underground 2 but adds the latter game’s best features: open world and customization. From tuners, supercars, muscles and sports cars, you’ll be able to build the ride you’re looking for or the ride you’re just dying to have in real life. "

So there will be supercars and exotics. Ok i'm good to go now. Don't get me wrong i like NFSU series but i like the many love getting chased by the 5-0. will drift mode make a return? Imagine drifting a porsche 911.

XeVeNskyLiNE
04-20-2005, 10:24 PM
thank god for including cars that arent all super cars or all imports!!!! finally the NFS is doin what i always wanted, yummmmmmmmmmmm

gigglesnirt
04-21-2005, 07:42 AM
Believe it or not, a lot of people love being chased. Whenever I mention that I work with the Need for Speed team, the first thing I hear is, “Please bring back pursuit mode.” For the uninitiated, pursuit mode was first introduced in Need for Speed Hot Pursuit and allowed racers a new adrenal boost as they not only fought to out-rev other racers, they had to dodge police pursuits, spike strips, and missile firing helicopters... standard police protocol for any high-speed pursuit.
actually hot pursuit mode was not the first mode ever, go back, way back and play the first and second nfs, its all just racing, maybe there was traffic, i forget most details but there was no pursuit.

Hobbes
04-21-2005, 11:57 AM
actually hot pursuit mode was not the first mode ever, go back, way back and play the first and second nfs, its all just racing, maybe there was traffic, i forget most details but there was no pursuit.

I remember the first one. There was traffic (not many), you was getting chased by cops (I think that if they were close enough, your car will automatically pull over), and they actually had the inside camera option where you could see the dash, the steering wheel, etc. (that stopped after NFS III)...

God, I loved that game. First time was in the Sega Saturn, then I had the PC version. I never played NFS II. I need to buy that...

ModifiedCars
04-21-2005, 03:48 PM

Hot pursuit is the first where you can be the cop or you can out run them.

N2OZeBozz
04-21-2005, 03:49 PM
God, I loved that game. First time was in the Sega Saturn, then I had the PC version. I never played NFS II. I need to buy that...

I've played the NFS II SE, It was a very nice game, with only supercars, like Mclaren, XJ220, F50 and stuff like that. The incar cam was also a cool thing.

If the new NFS is gonna come with supercars and imports, do you think we will be able to tune a supercar? With stock power of 600HP? :cwm27:

gigglesnirt
04-21-2005, 08:20 PM
o shit i am remebering now, i just downloaded the old old first one because it was buggin me, yea its there my mistake, also what did happen with teh inside view, that was great! they had it up until hot pursuit 2 or porsche unleashed then the franchise died for me really, i didn't like any of the tuner stuff, mainly because you were required to make your car "nice" to get more credits in a race, that was a giant bummer and really pissed me off on this game, and the fact that on some curves you could just steer and the car would get on 2 wheels sometimes!!! it just got anoying so i quit, long story short, please bring back classic NFS!!!!!!!

DerekDodge
04-22-2005, 07:29 PM
I remember the first one. There was traffic (not many), you was getting chased by cops (I think that if they were close enough, your car will automatically pull over), and they actually had the inside camera option where you could see the dash, the steering wheel, etc. (that stopped after NFS III)...

Actually Need for Speed HOt Pursuite 2 had in car view with the dash, it was the f50 and the modena nfs versions....... might of been couple more but they had it.

N2OZeBozz
04-22-2005, 08:54 PM
Actually Need for Speed HOt Pursuite 2 had in car view with the dash, it was the f50 and the modena nfs versions....... might of been couple more but they had it.

Damn, never noticed that! :uhoh:

DerekDodge
04-27-2005, 10:42 PM
actually i just checked and it is Championship race 31 and 32 is where you can get the in car view in the Ferraris

sexyskyline234
08-06-2007, 05:56 PM
i say the new NFS is better i mean like tuners, upgrades, mods, wtf are you talking about the old NFS better you people are bitches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bitches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'97ventureowner
08-08-2007, 08:31 PM
Thread closed. Way too old to be posting in.

Add your comment to this topic!