US bound Tuscan?

enzo@af
07-09-2001, 02:22 PM
I think it was the new RT that said the Tuscan could possibly be coming to the US! AWESOME!

enzo@af
07-11-2001, 02:27 PM
Okay, apparantly I'm the only one who thinks that's cool.

DVSNCYNIKL
07-11-2001, 02:45 PM
Actually enzo, I went to the website and didn't see anything on it, which is why I didn't say anything. Hopefully they will update the site.

matt
07-11-2001, 03:06 PM
That would be sweet. How much do they cost? 70K?

onemerehuman
08-05-2001, 03:40 PM
Well.. it's doubtful the Tuscan will go to the US due to complexities with the regulatory laws in the US like safety, emmisions, etc. Also, the cost would be sure to make Americans unhappy, at around 45 thousand pounds here.. that'd be at least 80 thousand USD then about 100 thousand USD to convert it to US spec.. am I boring you yet? But at least we get it =)

cracker196
09-09-2001, 01:28 AM
Hey man, at that price, we should not be concerned with how much it costs. If you have that kind of money to spend, what's another 20k for a car like the Tuscan....I just want to see one driving the streets even if I can't buy it.....yet.

Jimmy2times
01-20-2002, 01:30 PM
Yeah about the Tuscan. I heard that TVR want to start bringing their cars to the US but limited numbers would just mean the LONGEST waiting list!! The price... erm yeah about 45 grand for the factroy built car, if you want the hand built quality then ur gonna be paying double that!!!

Hawkeye71360
06-11-2002, 03:58 AM
Well let's see ... i really hate to give people bad news, BUT

The TVR Tuscan will not be goin' to the US :eek: . Anownced in December TVR said that due to restrictions of some US laws, TVR tuscan will not make it's debut on the other side of the ocean.
It will only be sold to countries that have the steerign wheel on the right-hand side of the car (only UK, JAPAN, Australia (if you can afford the shipping charges), New Zealand, South Africa.

sorry lads ... did i burst your bubble ?:( :devil:

YellowMaranello
06-11-2002, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Hawkeye71360
Well let's see ... i really hate to give people bad news, BUT

The TVR Tuscan will not be goin' to the US :eek: . Anownced in December TVR said that due to restrictions of some US laws, TVR tuscan will not make it's debut on the other side of the ocean.
It will only be sold to countries that have the steerign wheel on the right-hand side of the car (only UK, JAPAN, Australia (if you can afford the shipping charges), New Zealand, South Africa.

sorry lads ... did i burst your bubble ?:( :devil:

Yes, you did burst my bubble. I'm just going to go and keep reading the title over and over until I forget that horrible news...:bloated:

Hawkeye71360
06-20-2002, 08:47 AM
DON"T STOP WISHING !!!

the thiong is that british car makers don't like to export, "special" supercars:(. (ie, the Lotus Elise) ... this british sportscar has been on sale in the Uk & europe since 1997, but in the year of our lord 20036 years later, if i have not lost my mind, goes on sale OFFICALLY in the US!:eek: :smoker2: :sun:

They do this for good reasons. B/c they CAN !

Sux doesn't it !? :flipa: :bandit:

YellowMaranello
06-23-2002, 11:47 PM
F' that. I'm still gonna have one in the US. In 30 years, ask me about my Tuscan-S.:D

JapanKobashi
03-02-2003, 03:45 PM
as you know the english would never want to build tvrs for american because of bad blood, not in the government but just in general. If they were to ever make tvrs for america it would be only if they really had a chance of making real profit out of it. Maybe in 30 years we will be asking about ur beat up 2000 tuscan 6........who knows

jon@af
03-02-2003, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by JapanKobashi
as you know the english would never want to build tvrs for american because of bad blood, not in the government but just in general. If they were to ever make tvrs for america it would be only if they really had a chance of making real profit out of it. Maybe in 30 years we will be asking about ur beat up 2000 tuscan 6........who knows

You may think that US bashing is ok with you, but you will also find that bashing of other countries is not welcome here. If you have a point to make, make it. Dont say something that might insult someone elses place of residence. The reason I say this is because of the blatant attacks on the US in previous posts to this one, remember, you are not the only person in these forums and to get respect you must show respect.

feenix z
03-02-2003, 07:21 PM
TURN THAT FROWN UPSIDE DOWN TVR LOVERS OF THE USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Acording to the guys at sport compact car magazine we could be seeing Tuscans in the US by the end of the year. A spokes man Ben Samuelson said that they are already putting together left hand drive TVRs and working on air bags and air conditioning for them

SO REJOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nOW, DOES ANYONE WANNA HELP ME BUY ONE?

feenix z
03-02-2003, 07:25 PM
the issue of Sport Compact Car with the story was March 2003, so that press confrance in december is ancient history and their are already around 10 groups looking to deal them

YellowMaranello
03-02-2003, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by JapanKobashi
http://web.ecomplanet.com/JONE4883/ServerContent/MyCustomImages/JONE4883CustomImage0099632.jpg
If you don't like Americans, then stay away from us. This is a car website, come and talk about cars and keep your other opinions out, no one cares what you think. Now piss off.

feenix: Do they happen to have that article online? I really want to see it, that's great news.:D But why are they adding air-conditioning?

Jimmy2times
03-03-2003, 01:33 AM
Hawkeye.... the elise is far from being a supercar. yes its light but could be lighter. the exige or some call it the motorsport elise is slightly better but would benefit from a little extra power

similar to the opel roadster or vauxhall vx220 as we know it here.. but then they are introducing a turbo model

Sean
03-17-2003, 08:53 PM
i wonder if it would be possible to bring one to canada...

feenix z
03-21-2003, 02:44 PM
Maranello, they have to add a/c to tvrs so they can be (here comes the word all sports car people hate) practical. same with airbags, they need to meet american standards.

LSR
07-25-2003, 01:19 PM
It's never gonna happen, folks.

feenix z
07-30-2003, 01:14 AM
its not like we have never had a TVR in this country. hell the only reason we dont have them here now is because in the 80's the company was starting to go under. now that they are starting to make money again they want to see how much they can make off us Yanks and lets just say, if i had the means they woud be making some real green off me.

Beast22k
07-01-2004, 08:50 PM
Maranello, they have to add a/c to tvrs so they can be (here comes the word all sports car people hate) practical. same with airbags, they need to meet american standards.

Hold on... so is it illegal to have a car without airbags in the US after a certain production period or something? I hear a lot of shit about cars not going to the US because they don't have airbags... does the government not allow them to come without airbags or just something that they would like them to have?

Add your comment to this topic!