Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

HELP! I need advice as to what is wrong with my TRUCK!!!!

CivMoeEJ8
04-10-2005, 05:09 PM
OK, I've got a '95 Mighty Max with the 2.4L 4G64 engine.

The problem I'm having is my truck is that it's running extremely bad, like I've gotten water in my distributor cap because I did run through a HUGE puddle and it runs better on 3 cylinders than it does on 4 and it doesn't really matter which plug wire I pull off and there is no check engine light.

Everything I've done is...
-replaced the rotor button
-replaced the plugs
-replaced the plug wires
-replaced the distributor cap
-checked all vacuum hoses
-replaced the fuel filter

What should I check next? Timing?

dinoraver3466
04-16-2005, 12:23 PM
check the elect. plugs for dist and the coil.... also try unplugging the mass air flow meter..

The problem I'm having is my truck is that it's running extremely bad, like I've gotten water in my distributor cap because I did run through a HUGE puddle and it runs better on 3 cylinders than it does on 4 and it doesn't really matter which plug wire I pull off and there is no check engine light.

-replaced the plugs
-replaced the plug wires

ronnalina
11-21-2005, 03:05 PM
Did you ever figure it out? I'm having the same problem with the '88 Mighty Max 2.0L. Mine started after the weather got cold and rainy, too. I thought maybe the wiring got wet.

Checked the plugs, wires, cap, rotor. Had just changed the timing belt a month ago, also am wondering if it slipped. Evidently fuel pump & filter are in the fuel tank, so I'm going to check the injectors. I noticed when I hit top speed of 7mph (seven mph) that the engine responded positively (I could feel it engage) when I'd be heading downhill.

I read an interesting Tech Svc Btn dated 27Jul92 re: an intermittent electrical connection (on the '92 Ram 50) at the 3-way crank position sensor wiring harness connector. A failure code of 83, "connection loose" would result. Don't know if this is a possibility.

Anyone who can help, I'd surely appreciate it.

-replaced the plugs
-replaced the plug wires

Add your comment to this topic!