Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

check engine light...

Fgreco
04-01-2005, 05:48 PM
HI my check engine light whent on the mechanic says it is a catylitic converter. sorry for spelling. anyway he re-set it and said if it comes on again to bring it back in. It came on agian and I was going to bring it back but, then it whent off after not being used for a while. It went on at a gas station after the stupid guy didnt clost the cap all the way but, I dont think it should go on everytime I get gas.

beyondloadedSE
04-01-2005, 11:39 PM
next time it comes on, go to autozone and theyll pull the code for free and tell you what it means. if they cant, ask them for the code and ill tell you what it means.

Fgreco
04-05-2005, 07:22 PM
next time it comes on, go to autozone and theyll pull the code for free and tell you what it means. if they cant, ask them for the code and ill tell you what it means.

oh thanks for the help. I love your car, the body kit is great on it. I assume you had to have a new paint job on it sind you put on the body kit. One question about the car, Did the car come with the 3 liter engine or did you drop a new or rebuilt one in?

beyondloadedSE
04-06-2005, 05:43 PM
oh thanks for the help. I love your car, the body kit is great on it. I assume you had to have a new paint job on it sind you put on the body kit. One question about the car, Did the car come with the 3 liter engine or did you drop a new or rebuilt one in?

well, i didnt have to get a completely new paint job, just the new bodykit was painted to match the stock paint.

I dropped a 3.0L from a Taurus in which had ~40K on it. It was rebuilt and got some 8.5:1 Ross Racing pistons, Pauter chromoly rods, upgraded bearings, etc. Its becoming a very popular mod among the Contour/Mystique community. I know well over 50 people have done the swap on contour.org. Btw, the Ford Mondeo (Contour version over in Europe) has come standard with a 3.0L duratec for a couple years now.

Fgreco
04-06-2005, 09:05 PM
Wow nice... How much was the body kit? I know you said in another post that it might have to be some tweaking to it for a 97 mystique wich I have.

Oh yeah I brought my car my mechanic today and they found a leak in the vacume hose. Thanks for your help, If the light goes on again I will go to autozone and get the codes.

P.S Are you a moderator because I think you would be a great one. peace

Fgreco
04-06-2005, 09:13 PM
Hey sorry to double post here but, if I go to the site you have contour enthousiast group. would I be able to join if I have a mystique wich is the cousin of the contour. Or do they want contour members only. I seen some pics of other peoples cars but, I llike yours the best and that is the truth.

Oh yeah I cant understand how much hourse power and touque you have it says 300whp Iam guessing that is horse power. just curious becuase I see you have a super charger.

Add your comment to this topic!