Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

97 Saab 900 Blower

sfguyer
03-31-2005, 11:14 AM
My blower motor decides to work when it wants. i do not believe it's a bad motor. I have a new ACC Control Unit but no idea where it's located. I looked all over under the hood and with the dash all a part. I also just ordered a used ACC Comp. Mod. Any other ideas?

LlamaLadySG
03-31-2005, 08:41 PM
I don't have an answer, but you might check with the Saab 9-3 forum on your problem also. By 1997 the 900 was basically the same car as what is now the 9-3. Have you checked your fuse?
LlamaLadySG

sfguyer
03-31-2005, 11:05 PM
Checked all the common items. Today it will work tomorrow it won't. I have noticed the various references to the 9-3. thanks

mbunakeith
06-06-2005, 12:49 AM
do you have acc or mcc? (sounds like you have acc). there is a blower fan speed controller on the right side of the heater box that may be the cause. if you have mcc (manual controls), check your fan speed controller under the hood cowl at the base of the windshield. they are prone to corroding.

sfguyer
06-06-2005, 01:45 PM
It's ACC. What is the best way to get to it. I have looked but can't seem to find it which may be the problem....

mbunakeith
06-08-2005, 05:53 PM
if you take the right side center console cover off (one t25 screw in the glove box and one on the lower edge) pull the cover forward, this will disengage the clips on the rear edge( vertical part that radio and acc panel are in). take the glove box out and right side kick panel. the speed controller is located half way up the right side of the box(pass. side). it is a rectangular box about 1.5x1x1". if you wind up replacing it, make sure to smear some dielectric grease on the silver/metal part when you go back together with it. it may also be the fan motor also. i have come accross many cars that needed the fan and the speed controller. it seems the fan will wear out and it ruins the speedcontrol, or vice versa. you should be able to find these used. they are very expensive components when new.

Add your comment to this topic!