Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

speedo cabel

Coupons420
03-28-2005, 03:25 AM
Anyone ever replace a speedometer cable, apparently the person before me had there brakes done and they cut the line, but does anyone know how hard or easy it is to do? Its not great not knowing what speed your driving.

Robk1013
05-11-2005, 06:55 PM
Anyone ever replace a speedometer cable, apparently the person before me had there brakes done and they cut the line, but does anyone know how hard or easy it is to do? Its not great not knowing what speed your driving.

Its very easy on a 95 Mystique. Follow the cable from the firewall down to the trasmission. Jack the car up or while on ramps you will see the end of the cable where it goes into the transmission. The odometer cable will go into a speen sensor black plastic which has two wires on it. Loosen the nut on the odometer cable first holding the sensor not to breal any wires. Once the "B" nut is loose stop there. You will also find a "C" clip holding the the complete assembly into the transmission held by a small bolt. Remove the bolt then the entire assembly will come out of the transmission including the gear assembly. Don't worry this gear can go right back in. Remove the entire unit then seperate the cable from thr sensor. The cable can be bought at advanceautoparts for 14.99. Install the new in reverse order. Anyquestions give me a call 860-841-0953...its really easy

Bob

Add your comment to this topic!