Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Porsche V Ferrari

crayzayjay
03-29-2002, 07:49 PM
Very simple. As a car maker which do you prefer?

gc1chad
03-30-2002, 01:19 AM
First of all these are my two favorite car companies. But the best of these two would be Ferrari. Ferrari builds some of the best performance parts on the planet. Ferrari's are also much more rare than porsche's. I think almost anyone would rather drive a 360 Modeno than a Porsche Turbo. Ferrari's are mouch more Exotic.

Ferrari also has the best Formula 1 team in the world, Porsche doesnt even have a team. That just shows how much Ferrari knows about building race cars and sports cars.

gc1chad
03-30-2002, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by gc1chad
Ferrari builds some of the best performance parts on the planet.[/B]

I meant performance cars not parts.:confused:

USA Racer
03-30-2002, 01:23 AM
Ferrari. :) There is no substitue. Except possible Chevrolet's Corvette ZO6.

Neutrino
03-30-2002, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by USA Racer
Ferrari. :) There is no substitue. Except possible Chevrolet's Corvette ZO6.

I will stick with there is no substitute for a Ferrari.

a007apl
03-30-2002, 04:19 AM
Porsche is my 2º Favorite ,Lambo is first:cool:

NISSANSPDR
03-30-2002, 10:36 AM
Porsche has had 16 wins at Le Mans...

How many has Ferrari had?

Seb928S@af
03-30-2002, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by gc1chad
First of all these are my two favorite car companies. But the best of these two would be Ferrari. Ferrari builds some of the best performance parts on the planet. Ferrari's are also much more rare than porsche's. I think almost anyone would rather drive a 360 Modeno than a Porsche Turbo. Ferrari's are mouch more Exotic.

Ferrari also has the best Formula 1 team in the world, Porsche doesnt even have a team. That just shows how much Ferrari knows about building race cars and sports cars.

First of all Porsche had to drop Formula 1 because the lack of funding had dried up for Porsche. Then Porsche is the all time best at Le Mans btw did you guys see the 12 hour race of Sebring this year top 10 finish for Porsche in GT class and then a fiat oh I mean ferrari came in 11th in GT class and the other ferraris dropped out of gear box and engine problems. I can't wait til Porsche gets back into Formula 1. I would rather drive an Porsche Turbo instead of an fiat oh there I go again I mean ferrari.

Seb928S@af
03-30-2002, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by a007apl
Porsche is my 2º Favorite ,Lambo is first:cool:

I added Lambo for you Lambo fans out there. :)

a007apl
03-30-2002, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Seb928S@af

I added Lambo for you Lambo fans out there. :)
tkx, this is now more interesting.
1º Lambo
2º Porsche
943744565659562565649556931º Ferrari

Tom_S8
03-31-2002, 06:29 AM
Thogh choice is though through the history , becasue ferrari has some amazing models like 365 GTB4 , 250s , GTOs , F40s , porsche with 911 Carrera RS 2.7 , 930 Turbos and 959s... But now it seams that porsche has taken the lead , the turbo is faster then modena anywhere , cheaper , it's suitable for daily driving , has awd and lower maintence costs , better brakes , better acceleration , better top end and better handling. But it will get tighter when ferrari realeses the 400 Modena with 4.0 V8 engine with output around 400-450 hp... Of course still NA , i wish ferrari has gone back to turbos , because the F40 and GTO is in my opinion "maranello's best"... But i voted for porsche , maybe i am "a bit" biased since i own two of them...:smoker2:

Tom_S8
03-31-2002, 06:31 AM
Btw the poll is 50/50 now... bit i think more pepole like ferrari after all , we'll see , becasue i'm talking about all the pepole , not car nuts like most of us... for normal pepole ferrari is more exclusive etc.

crayzayjay
03-31-2002, 09:28 AM
I added Lambo for you Lambo fans out there
kinda defeats the point of the poll :(

err... just cos porsche arent in F1 it doesnt make them any worse than Ferrari. By your logic Toyota or Renault know more about building race cars than porsche....

Porsche all the way baby!!

ps. this thread's been viewed over 60 times and only 10 votes???!?!?! get voting!

Tom_S8
03-31-2002, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by crayzayjay

ps. this thread's been viewed over 60 times and only 10 votes???!?!?! get voting!

Maybe it's just me who checks the interesting threads all the time if there are any new replies to them:p ...

No , at least not in this thread , i was with my family celebrating whole day today... not much posting or even reading....

MBTN
03-31-2002, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Seb928S@af
...I would rather drive an Porsche Turbo instead of an fiat oh there I go again I mean ferrari.

That's the stupidest thing ever. :rolleyes: I'd rather drive a Ferrari than a sell-out SUV-making glorified Volkswagen. Oh, I mean Porsche. :rolleyes: :finger:

crayzayjay
04-01-2002, 01:22 PM
if its so stupid why did you stoop to the same level?

banchi105
04-01-2002, 02:04 PM
I think both companies are absolutely awesome.
But my vote lies deeply embedded in the occultish world of PORSCHE! :)
Im saving up to get a 951 S but just take a look at the 911 Carrera 4's and such. They have handling that was almost unimaginable just a few years ago such as their awd, and not too mention theyre much greater than average for a supercar reliability :).
Although I am very much in a love/lust relationship with the F50
my heart swells in 9's :) :smoka:

Seb928S@af
04-01-2002, 08:31 PM
Porsche is ahead :)

banchi105
04-02-2002, 01:02 PM
yep - pretty close still though.

NISSANSPDR
05-08-2002, 05:30 PM
Funny how Lambo was added but no one voted 4 it...Lambo really doesnt belong vs these two proven powerhouses of exotics.

crayzayjay
05-08-2002, 08:05 PM
Lambo was too scared to take them on :D

Mr_Root
05-17-2002, 04:23 AM
I will vote for Porsche. Visually I like Ferraris better but Porsche has allmost same prestige (especially convertible/cabrio models). But most of all the great benefits of driving Porsches are, they can be driven on the daily basis, they are cheaper, maintnence is allright, you don't have to wait ages and pay fortune for the parts and... Porsche is one of the most reliable cars in the world.

Shaitan
05-23-2002, 01:27 PM
LAMORGHIN!!! any lambo would kill any ferrari or porsche in any test...

Neutrino
05-24-2002, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by Shaitan
LAMORGHIN!!! any lambo would kill any ferrari or porsche in any test...

Oh really even the new F60???

Oh btw the new F60 is able to edge out even the F1 mclaren

crayzayjay
05-24-2002, 01:10 PM
LAMORGHIN!!! any lambo would kill any ferrari or porsche in any test

in one word, BULL

the Diablo was one of the slowest cars around the Nurburgring out of the "supercar club", if you will. The Porsche GT3 absolutely decimated it... so much for your comment... maybe if the road is straight lambo would win, but thats about it... when it comes to racing, lambo lack the experience to challenge porsche or ferrari...why do you think lambo hasnt gone up against Ferrari or Porsche in racing events? because they would lose, its for sure...
dont get me wrong i love lambos but they arent in porsche or ferrari league. a great engine and magnificent styling dont make a complete car

Pennzoil GT-R
06-16-2002, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by MBTN

That's the stupidest thing ever. :rolleyes: I'd rather drive a Ferrari than a sell-out SUV-making glorified Volkswagen. Oh, I mean Porsche. :rolleyes: :finger:

yeh exactly how can a comapny that makes SUV's possibly compete with the most prestigious exotic car maker in the world?

o yeh. who is that fooooool who was comparing ferraris to corvettes??? :rolleyes: americans eh?:rolleyes: j/k

Ando_Rules
06-16-2002, 06:24 PM
i choose porsche because they have more stylish cars and more style's that r completely amasing

StageOneGalant
06-17-2002, 12:11 PM
All Ferrari's are awesome....
But if u thought about it. Porsche is one of the only real Sports cars that can be driven everyday in any type of wheather.... they're dependable and not to forget the power... Just take a look.. at roadways.. Porsches are more common than any other sports cars out there.... Don't get me wrong i wouldn't mind any Ferrari.. jus thinking if i had to spend the money for usage not style...

Fliquer
06-17-2002, 12:37 PM
I voted for lambo. Nothing is more head-turning than a lambo. The original Miura put ferrari to shame.

(Flame-suit ON :D)

Pennzoil GT-R
06-17-2002, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by StageOneGalant
All Ferrari's are awesome....
But if u thought about it. Porsche is one of the only real Sports cars that can be driven everyday in any type of wheather.... they're dependable and not to forget the power... Just take a look.. at roadways.. Porsches are more common than any other sports cars out there.... Don't get me wrong i wouldn't mind any Ferrari.. jus thinking if i had to spend the money for usage not style...

but using cars like these every day defeats the point of them. thats wot u have your 4 door saloon for. these are meant to be taken out every so often and give you the ride of you're life

What ya Smoking?!?
06-18-2002, 05:16 PM
i gotta go wit Lambo, cuz they just look betta!:bandit: :smoka: :smoker2: :ylsuper

crayzayjay
06-19-2002, 05:14 PM
Smoking>

so its simply a matter of form over susbtance?

R32's Kick ass
11-03-2002, 04:37 AM
porsche has also had numerus wins in the darka rally event with the 959 and the 911. i don't think ferrari would even think off touching the dirt and plus porsche is now biulding a soft roader with a v8 twin turbo as the top of the range modle and the porshe gt1 2 and 3 are all great cars (i wouldn't mind wether i drove a ferrari f360 or a porcshe gt3)

and my neighbour draged a ferrari f355 (i now im going to make some people anoyed or angry but its is the truth) my nieghbour owns a mitsubishi lancer evo 3 and has done a few mods and has about 300kw (or around 400hp i think) and had 3 people in his car and still managed to beat the ferrari.

Moppie
11-03-2002, 04:40 AM
Ferrari - F1

Nuf said.

:smoka:

R32's Kick ass
11-03-2002, 04:44 AM
don't you mean "enzo nough said"

Moppie
11-03-2002, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by R32's Kick ass
don't you mean "enzo nough said"

LOL!

Actualy haveing worked on both Ferraris and Porsches I have to say that Porshes are far far better enginered. Infact they are well and truely over enginered, often to excess. They are Great cars to crash, being very solid, and with great regid chassis, but the frount engined cars are all far to heavy, and the rear engined cars have the engine in the wrong place.
Infact the simple fact that a 911 is able to go around corners at all is testament to the enginering skill of Porshe. But thier insistance on working with a design that was out of date in the 1930s must say something about thier sanity.

Pennzoil GT-R
11-03-2002, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by R32's Kick ass
i don't think ferrari would even think off touching the dirt

the 288 GTO Evoluzione

the 308 was also succesfully rallyed in the 1980's for a while

crayzayjay
11-03-2002, 08:56 AM
Infact the simple fact that a 911 is able to go around corners at all is testament to the enginering skill of Porshe. But thier insistance on working with a design that was out of date in the 1930s must say something about thier sanity.

The fact a GT3 can go around corners better than a 360 is testament to Posche's brilliance.

Add your comment to this topic!