Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

My Mark II 2JZ-GE

rivalbro
03-20-2005, 04:10 AM
Hi ppl, I have Mark II with a 2JZ-GE 3.0 engine with 220hp, and I've installed a Custom Exhaust system so it should be a little more horses than that. Its Automatic transmission.

I got 16" Huff rims with 235 Pirelli front tires and 255 Dunlop back tires. The car is clean, really neat.

Interiors:
I got a digital meter to show speed and rpm and stuff unlike the normal dials.
TFT Touchscreen controlling the climate control system, 12 disc CD Changer, Casette player and radio, it also shows the mileage and oil level and stuff.
I got Overdrive, ECT, and "Sport temp" buttons in the car.

Over all its a beauty, I don't have clear pix of the car but this is all I could get.

http://us.f1f.yahoofs.com/bc/400e1a6f_12f58/bc/pix/M211.jpg?bf81UPCBIngSlLN.

http://us.f1f.yahoofs.com/bc/400e1a6f_12f58/bc/pix/M215.jpg?bf81UPCBSASmt53v

http://us.f1f.yahoofs.com/bc/400e1a6f_12f58/bc/pix/M2+4.jpg?bf81UPCBndlP0isj

jz-x
03-22-2005, 12:48 PM
Nice ride pal....but you miss the TURBOS dude

The is quite known to me.(i think i saw it somewhere)

rivalbro
03-22-2005, 02:25 PM
for some reason the pics are not showing, so here's the links:

http://www.geocities.com/rivalbro/M211.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/rivalbro/M215.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/rivalbro/M24.jpg

Those are the ones.

rivalbro
03-25-2005, 02:10 AM
more pix

http://www.geocities.com/rivalbro/image029.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/rivalbro/image032.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/rivalbro/image033.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/rivalbro/image034.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/rivalbro/image035.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/rivalbro/image036.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/rivalbro/image037.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/rivalbro/image038.jpg

enjoy

jz-x
03-25-2005, 02:44 AM
My interior looks different from yours,the streo you have there is cool badly mine is been removed but i replaced it with other one and i will change this one soon coz it's small! .

rivalbro
03-25-2005, 03:10 AM
hey jz-x, can you tell me a place where I can get 18" rims for my Mark?

jz-x
03-27-2005, 12:44 PM
i dunno...but as you know sharjah will be good place to see but 17" will be good....did install turbos now?

nitrous36
03-27-2005, 10:14 PM
You guys are lucky. I'll get a MarkII one day. For the time being Im looking at buying a 2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT as a substitute. AWD, twin turbo H4, 0-60 in 5.8 secs, 250 HP. You cant go wrong with that.

rivalbro
03-28-2005, 03:25 AM
I went and asked for the turbos yo install on my 3.0 engine, and they said it can't be done, I could et a turbo charger myself and install it (as I'm doing for my Firefly) but I don't want to open the engine of Mark myself, the garage ppl are saying I have to get an engine swap to the 1jz-gte, but my engine is fine nothing wrong with it.

anyways, I went and looked for the rims in wadi kabir, I found 18" bbs type used aluminium rims for Mark, the price they are giving me is R.O. 120, is that a good price? 17" i couldn't find!

rivalbro
03-28-2005, 03:28 AM
You guys are lucky. I'll get a MarkII one day. For the time being Im looking at buying a 2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT as a substitute. AWD, twin turbo H4, 0-60 in 5.8 secs, 250 HP. You cant go wrong with that.

I've always been a fan of Subaru cars, that's a bad ass legacy, if you get that, you wouldn't need a Mark II man, but if you are a drifter, then MarkII is the way to go, this car doesn't stay steady without TRC!! Even my 2J doesn't stay steady!

jz-x
03-28-2005, 11:38 AM
rivalbro 18" will quite big for the car, the price is ok but did check them if they are ok??
but anyway if you fell looks fine go ahead.i think you should try to swap the 1jz-gte it will make your car more faster than the 2jz-ge.

jz-x
03-28-2005, 11:41 AM
I like legacy's too but am not sure if there faster MarkII 280HP...the guys who have these cars wont leave me alone here plus they the non turbo version here HEH lucky we are..i think should consider to bring the turbo's one

rivalbro
03-28-2005, 01:26 PM
Oman rules!! Before getting the Mark II I went to the Subaru showroom and told them I want the impreza 2.0 engine with basic wheel caps and no wing n stuff, they said they can give me 1.6 engine like that but not 2.0, i have to pay for all the stuff i don't need, then i came across Mark, and now I feel lucky!

jz-x
04-10-2005, 02:29 PM
Today I saw your MarkII on the highway i was driving in the mid lineand yuo were in third line!!....your car looked :biggrin: nice with the new rims on it!! i liked them man made me fell to get nice rims too :mad: .

rivalbro
04-10-2005, 03:32 PM
oh you saw them? cool, I haven't driven it yet with the new rims, that would've been my brother driving, but I am glad you like them, they are his choice, I am currently enjoyingn my brother's turboed Chevy Sprint which is similar to firefly, its amazing man, i beat a Mustang until 120, its really awesome.

rivalbro
04-13-2005, 03:40 AM
ok, someone out of jealousy stole my exhaust tip, it was a custom one, so today I went and got a branded 4.5" exaust system done, the brand is Riker, made in USA, it cost me some money but its good, i feel more power to the car, now my car looks like its the turbo one, and many people even think i got the 2jz-gte under the hood, nice for my reputation hehe.

jz-x
04-19-2005, 06:35 PM
Ya i noticed the tip it was looking bad....did you do re-paint to the car the white looked new to me??.....

rivalbro
04-20-2005, 03:50 AM
i did'nt repaint anythin, well now no use of talkin bout the car, its gone, cancelled, i had an accident on hamriya roundabout 2 days ago at night, da engine split in half, so longn mark!!!

jz-x
04-21-2005, 11:16 AM
wow cancelled thats bad news....so do the insurance cover you or just it's gone...will you buy another markII???????????

rivalbro
04-21-2005, 02:29 PM
insurance didn't give me full coverage from the begginnin cuz of the car being a '93 model, i will not get anything now from the insurance, i had to pay the insurance though for the damage of govt. property, now just have to save up for my next wonder, don't know what its gonna be, but this time I got my eyes on American Muscle like a mustang or a camaro, but there still is on Mark II waiting for me with my friend, I will decide when I'm in power, I got the accident pix but my infrared is gone so i cannot transfer them to the pc, I'll try bluetooth oneday.

jz-x
05-03-2005, 09:16 AM
well you will get other MARKII better than getting these stangs which parts so expensive and hard to get i dont say that bcoz am against it.....How about the rims are they ok if they are in good condition mybe i will but them from you.

nitrous36
05-18-2005, 09:48 AM
Everytime I look at your cars I keep saying you lucky bastards. For the time being Im looking at a Lexus IS300 or Subie Legacy 2.5 GT as substitute until I can import a MarkII legally. Should I go lexus or subaru? The 2.5 GT is faster stock.

rivalbro
05-19-2005, 07:56 AM
sorry jzx, i did'nt notice your reply, the 3 rims are in good condition but one is completely out, so i guess no point.

nitrous, i say go for the Lexus, its more rice stock than the "Subie", and you can make it more fast than the 2.5, and chicks dig Lexus more than a Subaru, it has a personality of its own, I say go for Lexus, meantime, I'm going for my true dream, Camaro!

nitrous36
05-20-2005, 03:45 PM
What year Camaros are you looking into? My brother had a 92 RS Camaro since his 626 was total last year but now he just traded it in for a 02 Accord SE. Your MarkII was totaled? If you can and gas was not an issue you should look at an SS Camaro.

rivalbro
05-20-2005, 04:02 PM
I am looking AT a 2000 Z28 Camaro, already found it, gas is never an issue for me, if God gives me the car, he will for sure give me gas, hehe. Yea the Mark II was totalled, sad :( and Camaro SS is quite hard to find here, the one I am looking at is very nice and clean, just have to close the deal with the guys. But still thinking about getting it or not. Will see what happens and keep you guys updated.

nitrous36
05-20-2005, 08:22 PM
About the cars I mentioned earlier the subaru is the second car I plan to get later on. I will be getting my first car this summer. I might be getting a 00 Mustang with the 3.8L V6. I postponed my plans for my second car because I decided to buy a motorcycle first because its cheaper and I can afford it sooner than I could another car 2 years later. Do you guys have to import American cars like most JDM cars or were they already manufactured there? The Camaro is a nice car but unfortunately GM pulled the plug on it in 02. But the good news is that the parts and the cars are still widely available.

rivalbro
05-21-2005, 06:49 AM
we dont have to import the smerican cars like jdm's but well we buy it from here from the showrooms, they're not manufactured here, and some people do import them directly from the US, my cousin imported a 95 mustang gt convertible from the US, the only difference i saw was the speedometers, which were in miles, we have kilometers. they say if we import American cars frm US, they are a lot stronger, but in my opinion, 5.7 litre is strong enough for me i guess, just going to think about changing the transmission to manual after getting it. The spare parts are a little hard to find here for the US cars and not many people know how to repair them, really strong built cars but should be maintained well, and the one I'm looking at, had only one owner, really sweet.

nitrous36
05-21-2005, 11:33 AM
The part are still plentiful and available here in the U.S. So if you need anything you could order from a company here that ships international. But if anything brakes on your car you could take the opportunity to replace it with a better after market part. And you could swap in a LS1 crate engine. I dont no about the Z28s but the SS is tricky. The engine comes out from under the chassis.

rivalbro
05-21-2005, 02:13 PM
z28 and ss have the same chassis, so the engines would be sitting at the same place, in the chassis like you said, actually if you look under the hood of a camaro, its completely different from an american car like a mustang, the engine sits like the bmw's, strange for me, the car has so many legendary things that it makes it more precious to me every time i talk about it. I went to look at it again, I have actually booked the car I'm just waiting for the cash so I can pay them and get the delivery, its so sweeeet, they have changed the headlights though because they said the old ones went yellow, and the new lights are "angel lights", really awesome. with chrome rims, really really sweet looking camaro.

nitrous36
05-23-2005, 09:41 AM
Cool cant wait to see it. It sucks your markII was totaled. But please wreck no more chasers or there will not be any when I can get one.

rivalbro
06-24-2005, 04:05 AM
aahh, after so many days, I'm back, with another Mark II, I bought one without the engine, axles, and rims, I am going to use my old rims and one axle I bought, bought the engine already, just waiting for the assembling and its color is dark grey, but i am going for my own old color, pearl white. just waiting for some more cash. cant wait, cant wait!!

nitrous36
06-25-2005, 12:43 AM
What engine do you have this time? A 1JZ-GTE or your old 2JZ-GE you plan to drop in from your old car? You should put in a 2JZ-GTE. Please wreck no more chasers or there will not be any when I can get one.

rivalbro
06-25-2005, 06:29 AM
just my luck, i alrdy got 2JZ-GE, because the person who brought it for me thought there is only one engine for this car, dumb person, and now no one wants to go back there, and I don't have the time, but i got a plan, the 2JZ-GTE is the exact same as the GE but with addition of turbos, so I will get my hands on the twin turbos of a GTE, if not that, I always got aftermarket turbos, but i will get the turbo after october not now. wish me luck on building the car from junk, I'm thinking of a body kit also, but which one i don't know.

nitrous36
06-26-2005, 12:34 AM
You cant use the 2JZ-GTE twin turbos on a 2JZ-GE because the 2JZ-GE has different exhaust ports and manifolds from a 2JZ-GTE so the 2JZ-GTE turbos and manifold will not fit up and vice versa. You can get a single tubo kit for the 2JZ-GE. Turbo kits for the 2JZ-GE are not common and and can cost more to have a turbo fitted to one than to just drop in a 2JZ-GTE. And some of the people who have the 2JZ-GTE swap the sequential twin turbos for a single turbo set up. Heres a tip. If you get a 2JZ-GTE, get the USDM 2JZ-GTE. The JDM 2JZ-GTE is rated at 280 HP (because of the japanese 280 HP law which is now lifted) and the USDM version makes 320 HP. The JDM version uses ceramic turbo blades which are weaker and cant take as much psi so they can be destroyed easier. The us version uses steel turbo blades which are stronger and can handle more psi before destroying themselves. There is a trade off though. The ceramic blades are lighter and allow the turbo to spin up faster, the steel blades are heavier and take longer but its worth for the higher endurance. And also since your cars are LHD also, the usdm engine wires and ECU are wired up and setup for LHD vehicles. That could make mouting it in easier versus having to rerun wires and relocate th computer on the RHD JDM engine to work with LHD.

rivalbro
06-26-2005, 03:39 AM
You got good information about your dream car, cool. Well to install a turbo kit we have to change the manifolds anyway and install a turbo manifold and all, but I will see what the guys at the workshop can do, maybe I will go for an engine swap since the 2JZ-GTE will sit nicely in the hood, and if a single turbo costs too much then maybe I will just keep the engine non-turbo with other enhancements. Thanks for the info though.

rivalbro
06-26-2005, 03:40 AM
oh by the way, about my old engine, it was split in half from the crash so I cannot use it anymore.

rivalbro
06-27-2005, 03:54 AM
ok, I went yesterday and checked everything I got, the one I am building is actrually a Tourer V, it has turbo manifolds, but the engine which I got for it is non turbo, I am now shopping for a turbo, or else I have to change the manifolds and all, hope I get a GTE or an aftermarket turbo for the 3.0 engine. And well i've asked the guys about the GE and GTE turbo swapping, they said they can do it, thewy just need the turbos and intercooler and the stuff. On the other hand I could easily get a 2JZ-GTE and the manual gear with it and all the problems are solved, the GTE I can get here would be JDM because the USDM we don't have, I have to import that from US, which will cost a lot, we got people here who can tweak anything and the 280hp is not less, plus the turbos, they give an extraordinary boost while accelerating. By the way nitrous, can you tell me which aftermarket turbo can be installed on 2JZ-GE?

nitrous36
06-27-2005, 06:15 PM
I know alot about the 2JZ engines because Im a fan of the Supra. And I know alot about the 1JZ engines because Im a fan of the MarkIIs and Chasers also. And about the turbo for a 2JZ-GE. I was saying a twin turbo conversion is expensive not a single turbo conversion. The money you would spend to have a twin turbo mounted you could have just bought a twin turbo 2JZ-GTE for cheaper. And I was saying that it would be pointless to fit a twin turbo to it because some poeple who have the 2JZ-GTE with the twin turbos convert them to a single turbo. And some people who have the older 1JZ-GTE with twin turbos convert them to single turbos too. I have heard people say that custom fitting and mounting turbos for the 2JZ-GE engine was expensive but they were talking about the twin turbos. A single turbo is no problem. A twin turbo conversion like the one on the 2JZ-GTE is expensive but it can be done. Dropping in a 2JZ-GTE with the twin turbos already is easier. But a single turbo can be fitted easily in there are single turbo kits for the 2JZ-GE with manifolds made for it and they are not that expensive for it. There are single turbo kits for it. I dont know who make them but they are available. I think that most perfomance after market parts and turbo manufacturers would have it. They make superchargers and turbos for a wide range of cars and engines so I definately think they would have it. Just look around and see what brand you want for what price. And I was going to say in the last post that since yall already have the JDM engine it would be cheaper and it would probably cost more to import a U.S. spec engine but it may be easier to mount because they are wired up for a left hand drive vehicle. If you want twin turbos instead of a single turbo you could take it back and swop it for the other one.

nitrous36
06-27-2005, 06:30 PM
Oh and I forgot to mention. One time I had thought about turboing a 98 Accord I was going to save my money and buy and I looked into turbo kits for it. They were around 2,000 to 4,000 USD. So I think the turbo kits for your engine would be priced the same. I dont no how much that would be in your money though.

jz-x
06-28-2005, 02:24 PM
Wow i thought you wony be back......Am happy that you are working on new MarkII...I didnt come here for long time....2jz-gte+MarkII=Fast Ride .

Well my car now needs some repairs coz had a scratch i didnt do that but someone stupid it really hearted me just think a car without a scratch since they made it plus i have to get new sets of new tyres.Keep it guys!

rivalbro
06-28-2005, 02:56 PM
Well I went for a Mark II again because its just too good and a sleeper, but in Oman everyone knows not to mess with jzx's because they can beat the hell out of a Mustang. My whole life I was trying to look for a car which could beat the Mustang GT in its stock hp, that's what the Tourer V does, but even if I have a non turbo, the car is amazing, drives better than those hot luxuries, sporty when you want and comfortable when you want. I guess it is my dream car now but still the body is ok but if i have a 2JZ-GE under the hood with stage 4 turbine kit from powerhouse, I will be the fastest in Oman. Only if that kit wasn't that expensive!! I could probably install an stage one powerhouse kit, but it will take about a month or 2 to reach me and for the guys here to figure out evetythin it will probably take more than 2 weeks. My goal now is to get the car on the streets, after that look for a turbo and from my research i found out the 2JZ-GE is really strong built and it has more capacity of gaining power than thte GTE. It has less computer wiring stuff as the GTE which actually should have 500hp but because of the laws they decrease its power to 280hp, the GE comes normally with 225hp but with all heavy components in the engine, so like I said before even if without a turbo I can get lighter parts for the engine I can gain so much power without having to bear with turbo lag. oh well I can keep on writing all the time, say jz-x, would you like to meet with me? maybe we could discuss all this 1j 2j stuff and at the same time I could experience twin sequential turbos which I have not before.

nitrous36
06-29-2005, 11:41 PM
Ill be joining you guys in this conversation in about 13 years. Just joking. Right now I wish I lived in Canada. They have the same import laws we do except they only have to wait 15 years to bring a car in free of restriction. 25 vs. 15. Canada should be feeling lucky right now.

nitrous36
06-30-2005, 01:19 PM
I have thought about buying an old cressida and dropping in a 1JZ-GTE. Thats the closest I could get to having a Chaser. I have spoke to U.S. Specs a registered importer who is currently petitioning three other JDM cars for importation and I asked them if they would import MarkIIs and Chasers.

jz-x
07-15-2005, 05:46 AM
Hiiiiiiiiiz,
nitrous36 am not sure about this but cressida is havier than markII....but seems cool idea i can say!!
hope to see that car!!

jz-x
07-15-2005, 05:56 AM
Rivalbro, why you want waste lot of money on that...i hope you just see how much money you will waste making the 2jz-ge that fast what am trying to say just get the 2jz-gte into the car....well i saw cresta with single turbo 2jz-gte + manual gear when you see it you will change your mind....lets say for example you have 3000$ and one guy did 2jz-ge and the othe had the 2jz-gte which you think will gain lot of power?i hope we will meet sometime but i might sell the car to with supra jza80...just planing not yetr sure!?

nitrous36
07-17-2005, 11:49 PM
It has been done. There are some people who have done it. But with it being a heavier car you have a point. Another nice swap some people do is take a IS300 in replace the 2jz-ge with a 2jz-gte. Thats a true monster. A is300 is lighter and nimble with better weight distribution so with a gte under the hood it would be fast as hell. That would send the chasers running for higher ground. Just wondering but how does the turbo legacys handle against the Chasers. From what I have seen they are equally as fast or close despite being down on HP and maybe heavier due to a AWD drivetrain.

rivalbro
07-20-2005, 05:00 AM
Cheacked my new Mark last night and they are doing the touchups on the paintjob, jus finalizing the looks on my car, and then its ready, man cant wait, only 2 to 3 days left!!! I am so excited!!! cant concentrate on anything else, even though its without the turbos, its still a mean machine!!!!

Add your comment to this topic!