Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Street races Lst night

Panda_Integra
03-04-2005, 09:46 AM
I had 3 street races last night.

The first one was the 3rd gen Mitsubishi Eclipse with an exaust I know, and it was an auto, I could tell. He got me off the line unexpectantly, but I caught up to him by the end of second and got past ihim even with my crappy 3rd LS gear. I had about 2 busses on him by the end of 4th.

The second was against a 02 Mustang V6 with and exaust, headers, Intake, TB, ss, and cluthc, I know this because he told me. He couldn't lauch worth a shit, I instantly put a car on him, I went to second his front bumber had caught up to my door jam. I wnt to 3rd and we were neck and neck. I wnt to fort and fell back a bit, but then he changed gears and (ha ha this is funny) my 4th was to much for him, at the end of 4th, his front bumper was at my rear wheels.

The third race was a rolling start from 40mph. It was against a 93 civic hatch with a B series vtec, you know the distinctive tone (probably a B16 judging by the power he had). By now I was feeling pretty bolt having a good night and all. I droped to 2nd and he dropped a gear. I was about a car on him, then, I had to shift (crappy 3rd), and fell back dead evn with him. He was still in the gear he had droped to, then he shifted (fast too, sounded like an auto). I guess he was in 3rd, but I ran out of juice in 3rd, and he instantly put a car on me, then he went up a gear fell back about 1/2 a car, He finally pulled about another car on, and I ended fourt with about a 2 car leigth loss.

For the record I dive a '90 Integra LS with no ps/ac, removed resonator, 5spd with a test pipe and 2 1/4" exaust.

N2Chevys
03-04-2005, 12:10 PM
tb on the v6 mustang? :confused:

Panda_Integra
03-04-2005, 12:58 PM
tb on the v6 mustang? :confused:

Thats what he said, TB = throttle body. I don't know shit about mustangs, thats just what he said.

kornflakes28546
03-04-2005, 01:52 PM
if the hatch had a b16, he couldnt drive. congrats on the win though :bigthumb:

dampachi
03-05-2005, 04:27 PM
I don't know..I can kind of believe you beating the V6 from the launch. But just because the car has more power/should be faster..I'd imagine him pulling away from you. Since I'm sure he traps higher. But whatever. Your descriptions sound pretty fake...races very rarely go with someone pulling up and then dropping back and pulling up and dropping back several times..it's usually just a steady pull, or the pull stops, etc. But once again, whatever.

Panda_Integra
03-07-2005, 09:47 AM
I don't know..I can kind of believe you beating the V6 from the launch. But just because the car has more power/should be faster..I'd imagine him pulling away from you. Since I'm sure he traps higher. But whatever. Your descriptions sound pretty fake...races very rarely go with someone pulling up and then dropping back and pulling up and dropping back several times..it's usually just a steady pull, or the pull stops, etc. But once again, whatever.

I shift mad slow. :grinno: He would gain every time I shifted, I just guess that my power to ground/drag ratio was less than his when I was in 4th. :shrug: He spin all the way through first, and I had a very nice launch, probable nice enough to pull a 2.2-2.3 or so at the track.

A lot of people out here can't really drive, hell, I an not really into drag racing, I prefer to go out and attack the cornors.

Panda_Integra
03-07-2005, 09:50 AM
I really suck at dragging to tell the truth, not to bash hondas or anything, but I truthfully think the straight line performance should be left to the high displacement machines. Sure 4cyl can turn impressive times, but..... You all get the picture.

N2Chevys
03-07-2005, 05:07 PM
power to ground/drag ratio was less than his when I was in 4th.
WTF????

GScivic7
03-07-2005, 06:22 PM
WTF????
ricers make up all sorts of shit

Panda_Integra
03-08-2005, 09:39 AM
WTF????

What shit am I making up? Okay, you asked for it!

I used data pertaining to a G2 at stock height, but made rough estimates as to the lengths and weight.

Weight = 2700lbf (est.)
Coefficient of Drag =0.32 (fact)
Coefficient of Rolling Resistance = 0.02 (passenger tire)
Frontal Area = 19.6 sq. ft. (est.)
air density = 0.08 lb/cub ft.

http://www.g2ic.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6665&stc=1

Edit: I just expanded it to 140mi/h

Notice how it would take ~140HP to overcome all the forces at this speed.
Our top speed is around this value too.

So people have stated that you run out of transmission around here and that's why you can't go any faster. (Please don't be an idiot and try this)

So could the transmissions have been purposely geared so that it would run out as soon as the HP required to keep accelerating would match the resistance forces?

Edit #2: Power peak is at 6000 RPM or so so technically the engine is a little below peak power at redline. And that just the book value for coefficient of rolling resistance? I wonder when that was computed, since these days there are low rolling resistance tires (hybrids), and the tires that most of us use probably have a higher rolling resistance from the softer, grippier compounds used.

Some performance cars (Corvette, for example) are drag limited in top speed, it cant reach redline in 6th. the ratio was chosen for fuel economy when cruising, and the engine is powerful enough to handle it. I've always assumed that Honda chose our 5th ratio as the most efficient ratio that would still allow the engine to make decent power for climbing hills and such without downshifting.

Okay, now I need a neard smiley. :)

Panda_Integra
03-08-2005, 09:44 AM
I tried to find the Crr from the tire manufacturers but wasn't able to get one. The range is 0.015 to 0.02. But I even ran the plot using a Crr for train wheels (the steel ones) which have a Crr of 0.001. The plot translates downward maybe 15HP.

And I used metric units in the calculations, just converted to English because hardly anyone here can really appreciate / are comfortable with Metric units.

Your thermodynamic lesson of the day:

Formula:

Fr = (Crr) x (Weight)
Fd = (Cd) x (Frontal Area [projection]) x 0.5 x (Air Density) x (Velocity)^2

Work = Force x distance
Convert Work units to HP.

Okay, now I need to get back to my school work, anbody know anything about Hydrogenic Atoms, Elastic Scattering, Time-Dependent Perturbation Theory, Fermi's Golden Rule, or Angular Momentum? I hate physics! I need it for my PH.D. in engeneering though. :shrug:

slowthunderbird
03-08-2005, 02:14 PM
You Guys Pay no attention to Him He Does it in the Shop Al The Time!!! Fuckin' Show Off!!! He Tried to figure out why my Thunderbird Was so Slow....After An Hour Of Formulas He Came Back And Handed Me A Number......"what is this i said"......And His Ass Says "The Weight Of Your Car!!" Thanks Shane You Smart Ass Fucker!!

GScivic7
03-08-2005, 06:01 PM
All I have to say is wow. That is pretty freaking impressive.

N2Chevys
03-08-2005, 07:08 PM
no.... its not.
if you want to be a fuck wit tell me how you found the coefficient of drag?
Cd=d/(A*.5*r*V^2)
d=drag
r=density
v=velocity

so tell me these figures, plug the formula.
also the dependencies of shape, inclination, and flow conditions

now give me the smiley

dampachi
03-08-2005, 08:27 PM
....wow this is stupid.

kingpinn
03-08-2005, 08:39 PM
Panda_Integra if this is true and i dont see why you would lie then good race dont worry with the haters good races

Panda_Integra
03-08-2005, 09:46 PM
N2chevy - [I used 1 bar (14.7psi)of presure in all of my equations.] The Cd(Drag coefficent) is a function of Velocity. So in reality the Cd varies with dynamic pressure ie. (.5densityVelocity˛). We are keeping the Cd(.32) as a constant in the caculation which was taken from a google search on "Drag coefficient 90 integra." Look at returned searches 2 and 3.

-As far the car being lowered. The drag coefficent will decrease because of the decrease on wheels *cross area* BUT you're also decreasing the *undercarriage* area which base on the continunity equation m = qva your velocity will increase underneath the car causing more skin friction which yield more drag to the car. Again, the velocity of an avearge car has to be large to taken these factors into account. And if car would shape like airfoils, that would help greatly

Panda_Integra
03-08-2005, 09:48 PM
Panda_Integra if this is true and i dont see why you would lie then good race dont worry with the haters good races
Thank you, somebody finally realizes I am not trying to claim that I racing god. Just sharing my racing storys as everybody else.

Long story short, a Geo Metro can beat a Lamborguni (sp) if the diver of the Lambo sucks.

B1SiR6A
03-08-2005, 11:37 PM
....wow this is stupid.

Quite...

Panda_Integra
03-09-2005, 12:00 PM
I thinks it's pretty silly too, but I refuse to be called a ricer when I have 14" steelies with Yokohoma a550H tires, a 2 1/4" exaust that it still quieter than the factory unit and has factory twin tips, and I have an Auto-5spd conversion.

Panda_Integra
03-09-2005, 01:38 PM
http://www.g2ic.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7524&stc=1

For the record, thats the sales manuel for the 1991 Acura Integra.

The CD is on the bottom left.

slowthunderbird
03-09-2005, 02:08 PM
What Tha Hell Is Wrong With Ya'll Who Cares About That Stupid Shit? just settle it on tha strip now maybe he does or doesnt know what he's talkin about but this threads for RACES Not fuckin equations.......

Panda_Integra
03-09-2005, 04:33 PM
What Tha Hell Is Wrong With Ya'll Who Cares About That Stupid Shit? just settle it on tha strip now maybe he does or doesnt know what he's talkin about but this threads for RACES Not fuckin equations.......

Yo! Calm down before you have a stoke man. I have a question though, why does every word in your first sentance start with a capitalized letter, then you fail to use a capital letter on the first word in the second sentance? Not bashing, but G Baines would have a cow. Anyways, Arron, are you going swimming at the lake tomarrow morning? It's supposed to warm up to about 40 F by 6:00am. The water will still be cold,but at least warmer than it was this morning (27 F). Call me and let me know.

Back on topic: Why is this forum moving so slow compaired to like 8 months ago? Well, I have to finish my homework, later.

Panda_Integra
03-10-2005, 09:54 PM
Bump

92'SiHatchBack
03-11-2005, 07:53 PM
ok ive had enought with science class today all i need to figure out are my dyno charts and thats it!

GScivic7
03-11-2005, 09:05 PM
Bumpwhy did you bump the thread. let it die you ricer.

Panda_Integra
03-12-2005, 03:45 PM
why did you bump the thread. let it die you ricer.

I only win like 15% of my races, and I am proud of what I have accomplished, besides somebody might learn something. :P

whtteg
03-12-2005, 09:31 PM
Please do not BUMP your threads.

Add your comment to this topic!