Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Power VS emessions question.

TetRaPunk0120
03-03-2005, 06:44 PM
I'm looking into buying a lex IS300 but from what I hear they are slow, only running a 15.5 on the quarter mile.

I was wondering if I got some form of ems to change it from a low emissions vehicle to something around a normal tuner car would put out, if it would make it alot faster.

1noless
03-28-2005, 11:17 AM
A LOT faster? I would have to say "no".

I'm not sure what type of EMS you're talking about, but I don't think Lex's ECU will accept any modifications to it (not easily anyway). They don't sell an "aftermarket chip", and those who have gone f/i (turbo and s/c) have to keep the ECU from overriding their boosted A/F ratios.

You should ask your question on is300.net for a better (more detailed) answer. I'm no mechanic by any means, but I do like modding my IS.

Yes, the IS is slow compared to many cars out now. I bought my 2003 IS because of its quality and style. I've done a few mods (inside and out), and I love the "thumbs up" I get from people. Since street racing is illegal for the most part, I chose to not be tempted by all-out speed. Believe me, it wasn't an easy decision. But then I realized, there's always gonna be someone faster than you.

The 2006 IS300/350 family is supposed to be slightly faster, but they still won't compete with some cars in 0-60 races. Circuit racing is a whole different story. I was able to keep up with a 2005 TL on the circuit track; the brakes held-up better than the RX8; and RWD fun!!

Sorry for the long reply. Good luck in your car-buying decision.

I'm looking into buying a lex IS300 but from what I hear they are slow, only running a 15.5 on the quarter mile.

I was wondering if I got some form of ems to change it from a low emissions vehicle to something around a normal tuner car would put out, if it would make it alot faster.

Add your comment to this topic!