Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

High Pitched Whistling Noise

MNOGhost
03-01-2005, 02:04 AM
My 02 millenia makes a high pitched whistling noise in the REAR PASSENGER SIDE wheel. That i know for a fact. It only makes the noise after ive been driving for 15-20 mins, it does not do it on short trips. So far, ive had it to the dealer 5 times. I need to know what people might think it could be.

The first time i took it there, they were unable to duplicate the problem as described.

The second time i took it in, the mechanic came for a ride with me and heard it, and said it sounded like something with the parking brake. So, they adjusted the parking brake spring. Noise still wasnt fixed.

The third time, i took it back, the mechanic drove with me again, and said he was gonna pull that wheel off and look in there agian. So this time, they ended up sanding down the rotors and brake pads. Still, the noise is still here.

The 4th time, i took it in and got a loaner and they had the car from feb 14th-18th. This time, they re surfaced the rotors and installed new calipers and brake pads. And today, i decided to go for a half hour drive around and see if the noise was really finially gone, sure enough, about 15 mins into my drive, the noise is back, loud and clear.

the 5th time, they installed a new parking brake, shoes and hardware. Still makes the noise.

The thing is. The noise has changed over time. In the beginning, it ONLY made the noise when i would take my foot off of the accelerator and let the car coast. After he adjusted the parking brake spring, It would make the noise when i would PRESS on the accelerator instead. And now it does it only when i press on the accelerator. Any ideas on what this could be?

MNOGhost
03-08-2005, 11:13 AM
anybody?

Add your comment to this topic!