Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Shift tronic questions

dirtydeeds
02-27-2005, 04:00 PM
When I switch my Automatic 2004 Santa Fe into MAnual shifting it seems to hestitate when I manually shift from 2nd to 3rd???? I press the shifter up and I can almost count to 2 before it shifts. Also if it is in first and "the wife" forgets that it is in manual shouldnt it automatically shift up when the revs get too high. I thought i was told when we were buying it that that was the case? Any help appreciated.

twospirits
02-27-2005, 11:02 PM
I do not use it as much as I should, but if I remember correctly it should automatically up or down shift. I would have to try it out tomorrow on my way to work to see.

TS out

lowsonoma1999
02-28-2005, 11:11 AM
When I switch my Automatic 2004 Santa Fe into MAnual shifting it seems to hestitate when I manually shift from 2nd to 3rd???? I press the shifter up and I can almost count to 2 before it shifts. Also if it is in first and "the wife" forgets that it is in manual shouldnt it automatically shift up when the revs get too high. I thought i was told when we were buying it that that was the case? Any help appreciated.

It will automatically downshift, but not upshift.

dirtydeeds
03-20-2005, 12:31 PM
When I switch my Automatic 2004 Santa Fe into Manual shifting it seems to hestitate when I manually shift from 2nd to 3rd???? I press the shifter up and I can almost count to 2 before it shifts.

Any thoughts about the hesitation in the shifting??

earltash
06-10-2005, 12:18 PM
I have a 2005 Santa Fe. In the manual mode of shifting it will downshift and upshift when needed. As I approach towards the redline it will shift up a gear so you can't over rev the engine. In driving slow and the RPMs go down it will shift down a gear. It just does it at different RPMs than when in full outo mode.

twospirits
06-11-2005, 09:36 AM
Take it to your dealership, there is a TSB out on it I believe.

TS out

dirtydeeds
06-25-2005, 02:26 AM
TS
What is the TSB I should be asking about? Are they posted anywhere?

twospirits
06-25-2005, 10:03 AM
The TSBs (Technical Service Bulletins) are posted on the Hyundai Webtech site. Unfortunently, they revamped their site so my instructions (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=340357) on how to use the site is no longer valid. :banghead: Now you have to sign up (its free so far) and you can get in and see the tsbs. But, you cannot hot link to them like before. So I cannot post the link directly to the tsbs. They only allow you to send yourself an email with the page you are requesting. But that is not working properly and I sent them an email detailing the problem. So for now you can only look at the tsbs/schematics.

As for the tsb itself, they should be able to diagnose the problem and see the tsb on their system.

TS out

Add your comment to this topic!