Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

S70 shuts down

BILLYBOBERENO
02-26-2005, 05:14 PM
In the morning i let my car run a bit cause its cold here in wisconsin, and it warms up for about 5 min, and i get in and rev it a bit to 2k rpm and it just shuts down on me....wtf?? idk, but can someone help me? also when i go to start it, the battery is always dead, and i charge it upand let the car run for long periods of time, yet when i go to start it ites dead dead dead............. any options would be GREATLY appreciated, thanx....

madfinn
06-01-2005, 07:05 PM
how old is the battery, it could be time for a replacement.
When the car dies on you, watch the tach, and see if it drops just before the engine dies. If so, it could be your crank sensor, just a guess.
Or, when was the last time you cleaned your throttle body, once they get real dirty, you could run into a stalling problem at idle.

99gltTT
10-19-2006, 11:43 PM
it could be the crank case or it also may be with ignition antenna, the antenna that tells the engine the proper key is starting it. i had a similar problem, got the antenna replaced, now everything's honky dory.

clamjuice
08-14-2009, 12:19 PM
you might want to consider not revving the the engine up, I've been told that it can damage the cars that have turbo.:screwy:

racerxpl
08-20-2009, 08:45 PM
Or your battery is dead by the time you rev it and a lot of cars just will not run with a dead battery in them.

Priddy Sharp
06-01-2016, 05:46 PM
Could it be the ECM? My 2000 Volvo S70 runs fine until it warms up then shuts down. Once it is cold again it starts fine and does the same. My laptop does not want to connect to the ECM. I am guessing when the engine gets warm, the ECM is not talking and does not know what to do.

Add your comment to this topic!