Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

prizm dilemma

geo1396
02-24-2005, 09:56 AM
ok so heres that thing. i have a 91 prizm which i bought for 500, thinking it was going to be just temporary, but i love the car now. right now im debating on selling it an buying a newer prizm, like 93-97, or keeping it and doind a motor swap and lightweight flywheel/performance clutch, basic performance stuff like intake and full exhaust, all the suspension stuff, new paint and body kit, and eventually some bigger stuff like the stroker kit and a turbo. the initial stuff ro my prizm (engine, clutch kit, flywheel, exhaust, intake) will cost me less than it would if i bought a newer prizm, and would make my car into a bit of a sleeper. just kind of torn right now, and suggestions?

the_Nagle
02-24-2005, 11:37 AM
you could look at the mr2's engine. 4AGZE and the 3SGTE. The 4AGZE will slide right into the 93-97 geo but don't know about the 91. 3SGTE is going to be more work but it has more power. You could also look at the 20v 4AGE. I know these engines can be put in the 93-97 but don't know much about the 91. But then again u can't put any engine u want in there just how much money u want to spend. Saw a pic of a 85 corolla hatchback with a 2jzz or whatever from a toyota supra :evillol:

geo1396
02-24-2005, 12:40 PM
yea ive looked at all of em except the 3sgte...ive found a how to on dropping a 4age 20v into my prizm, which would be nice but more work than im looking for. and i really want to push the limits on a single cam engine. also, any motor that will fit into a 93-97 would fit in a 89-91, motor mounts are the same but the wiring harness is where everything differs.

Add your comment to this topic!