Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

cavs & sunfires

sr20det350whp
02-18-2005, 08:11 AM
im from thunder bay ontario. what is it with people that think cavaliers and sunfire are the greatest thing since sliced bread. Everybody around here has them body kitted up and shit. they think they are so fast . but the funny thing is i take them to school with my stock 1990 240sx and i dont even have my sr20 in yet. they are all pieces of shit. i just had to share that with yall

Bo240sx
02-18-2005, 10:04 AM
haha yea add ford tarus's to that list at least around my area... my stock 90 240 can beat the shit out of that too... at least with my friends drivein they suck at it

monooxide
02-18-2005, 11:24 AM
Its not even that which bothers me the most its the fact that if your car doest come with rims... taking the hub caps of to show those nice black factory wheels is much better.

nissanfanatic
02-19-2005, 01:02 AM
Add pretty much any errogant asshole to that list. Everyone thinks they have a fast car and just make up excuses for losing. You know how many rednecks around here talk shit about my car? Know what I do? Lay down R compound to about 50mph. If you can prove it, they can shove it. Fuck all the wannabes.

orestes
02-19-2005, 03:57 AM
yes cavaliers and anyhting like that is complete garbage. i am not sure if there has ever been a good car that is american, 2 doors, and small engine.

oh and i bet an SHO taurus could take a stock 240 easy.

monooxide
02-19-2005, 10:48 AM
Thats not fair? Isnt the SHO a freaking huge V8? I mean thats like saying well... "The SV Diablo could take a Mustang GT easy!"

Chuki_breath
02-19-2005, 01:30 PM
yea lol a ferrari can take a 240 easy....as i found out lol. i had a ferrari following me yesterday and he was all swerving like he's cool and shit. Then he flies by in first with the sweet ferrari sound humming by. i knew he was a douche bag because he had teh top down in like 40 degree weather. I wished i had a 500 hp ka so i could take some of his money. But unfortunately i dont lol.

Chuki_breath
02-19-2005, 01:37 PM
the new cobalt isnt a bad domestic. Yes its ugly as hell and is gay. But it has a speed package option that comes with recaro seats and a quaiff(sp) lsd. THats pretty cool i think. Its also supercharged. Its not bad, but i would never buy one. Iv seen them at the dealership i work at.

nissanfanatic
02-19-2005, 02:00 PM
I would have tried that Ferrari. He might have beat me, but I would have tried anyways.

You wouldn't need a 500hp ka. You would only need like a 350whp. hahahahaha

orestes
02-19-2005, 02:04 PM
some SHO's are 6's some are 8's. yes i think the v8 wouldnt be a fair comparison but the v6 is decent.

and i think the cobalt is pretty weak. its trying to look like an rsx, except it doesnt really pull it off. and cmon 6.4 seconds 0-60 when its supercharged? and that wing is super gay. and the recaro seats? my opinion of recaro has gone WAY down recently due to the cobalt and the ion red line. i think they are still nice seats to sit in, but thats pretty gay of them to go place their product in with 2 weak cars like that.

nissanfanatic
02-19-2005, 02:15 PM
To Recaro, like most companies, Money is Money...

R.W.240
02-19-2005, 07:34 PM
. and the recaro seats? my opinion of recaro has gone WAY down recently due to the cobalt and the ion red line.

Negative Ghost Rider.

Recaro > Bride > Sparco > Dirt > Kirkey

orestes
02-19-2005, 08:41 PM
i agree recaros are nice seats, but cmon the ion red line? a fucking saturn? and this cobalt nonsense too...they are just not cool to me any more.

Koala bear crap > Ion Red Line

Tomato
02-19-2005, 09:36 PM
the SHO's are v6's specially designed by yamaha.

i dont think there were any V-8's.

but anyway...i gotta agree...washington has its large share of sunfires and cavs....and several obscene S13's :/

orestes
02-20-2005, 12:32 AM
not that anyone here really cares about SHO Taurus's but there were v8's on the '99 only.

J SPEC SilEighty
02-20-2005, 01:00 AM
the SHO's are v6's specially designed by yamaha.

i dont think there were any V-8's.

but anyway...i gotta agree...washington has its large share of sunfires and cavs....and several obscene S13's :/

There were many V8 SHO's.

orestes
02-20-2005, 02:42 AM
yeah learn up on your SHO models. otherwise known as Google. I confess, I didnt know that either until i Googled for it. and yeah thats weird how they used the Yamaha engines. But the v6 with the 5 speed would be pretty easy to race, and im sure people do, but its still pretty lame.

how gay would having a a fat ricer-style "Powered by Yamaha" sticker on your winshield?. Nah but i wouldnt classify someone who liked their taurus a lot as low as those cavalier, sunfire, etc. enthusiasts.

logik23
02-20-2005, 09:59 AM
I think the Colbalt SS looks pretty cool, I mean for a stock car, looks a hell of a lot better then the Focus, Civic, SRT-4, Ion, Cav, Sunfire and all those FWD shit boxes, I think the RSX and Celica are the only ones that look better in the FWD category, but they are like twice the price (for the Type S and GT-S).

sidewayzS13
02-20-2005, 12:24 PM
about recaro dont civics have recaro seats. im pretty sure they have recaro seats. so im guessing very shitty recaro seats

Chuki_breath
02-20-2005, 12:42 PM
ok if you were a seat company and a high class car producer came and asked you if they could use your seats, i would say yes. weather its in a fucking ford festiva or lambo. Does it really matter??? They make money!!!!! thats what life is about. And orestes, so it sounds like if a company puts there product in a car you dont like, you think down on that company??? well if you think quaiff lsds are low grade now just becuase there in a cobalt...good luck to ya partner. The thing is there are many different lines of recaro seats...just like any seat company....so of course there not going to be the best recaros in a cobalt, i just dont get your logic of thinking.

and nissanfanatic, i dont even know what model ferrari it was lol, id have to look at some pics to tell. How fast in general are ferrari's in 1/4 times?? cuz if 350 whp smokes a ferrari, well then shit im impressed. But i only said 500 hp so i could eat him alive and make him feel stupid in his 100k car, and i bought mine for 1600 whahahahahahahahaha. That would be so cool.

sidewayzS13
02-20-2005, 12:52 PM
there is a lotus here in destin that i would love to be able to smoke someday. the owner is a cocky bastard. one day i was at this resturant and i walk outside and his orange lotus was parked next to a ferrari. he walks out when i do and i was admiring both cars. so he walks up to me and is like " if u were wondering i would smoke the ferari" . moral of the story hes cocky and i hope his engine blows.

logik23
02-20-2005, 12:57 PM
about recaro dont civics have recaro seats. im pretty sure they have recaro seats. so im guessing very shitty recaro seats

The Civic SiR has them, but it's the only model.

Besides, doesn't the Evo or STi have them?

orestes
02-20-2005, 01:30 PM
um no Chuki Quaife's are what you want in a FWD car, i wouldnt just decide to not like them because a Cobalt has them, they work well in FWD apps. everyone knows that.
now back to the seats, i mean ok picture this, you get a brand new 600 dollar Recaro seat, and someone sees your car and comes up to you and says, "Damn thats a tight 240! It even has the same seats as my Ion Red Line!!!" that would piss me off, and i would wish i had another brand. i dont want anything on/inside my car to be associated in any way with the faggotry of an Ion Red Line or a Cobalt SS, which have been advertising their Recaro seats in magazines. Again, i think they are nice seats, i just wouldnt want the association to be made between much much inferior cars just cuz some fanboy is a big fan of Recaro now.

give me these seats any day -->http://www.japanparts.com/Pic/pic087/221-1.JPG

logik23
02-20-2005, 01:58 PM
So by your logic, the SRT-4 has a turbo so you're never going to get a turbo because you'll be associated with a car you don't like, is that it?

sidewayzS13
02-20-2005, 03:06 PM
haha logik thats a good one

Xtreme_098
02-20-2005, 03:24 PM
When I was getting my first car my dad looked at sunfires and cavaliers then came home with a mustang 5speed. It wasn't bad seeing how I didn't pay for it but im working on getting the car I want: R32, 33, or 34. So far my total money savings = 5 grand. lol

logik23
02-20-2005, 03:26 PM
Hey, buddy, they are illegal, you ever think about that??? And you have to have a fucking pile to go see MotoRex.

Chuki_breath
02-20-2005, 03:36 PM
lol lol and another lol. To the skyline guy.

And im sure the recaro seat i would purchase would not be in a saturn. Like i said there are many models and designs in seat companies line ups. And anyways who the fuck cares that brand comes in the car?? What if they went out and bought a nice set of seats to put in there?? Would you still be mad if you had the same seats that the person bought?? I mean if i ever saw a tempo with bride seats...that wouldnt make me never buy a bride seat. I would still waste my precious money on a bride seat.

nissanfanatic
02-20-2005, 03:59 PM
anywhere from 270-300whp can get the S13 into the 12s easy. It just involves decent driving. But from a roll, you will win. 240s and most imports usually have really high trap speeds. high trap speed=blow past him toward the end.

To the skyline guy, I support you. If you are serously saving up money to buy a skyline legally, more power to you. Its my dream car too.:thumbsup:

logik23
02-20-2005, 05:53 PM
Chuki, don't hate on Tempos man! lol

And fanatic, dude, don't encourage the kid! he's ganna ruin himself over this.

nissanfanatic
02-20-2005, 06:06 PM
Well if he really has five grand saved up for a car, then I can't really say much. I never made it past $600 for my car. We can't control what he does, so it isn't something to debate over. Debates are for mallable situations.

logik23
02-20-2005, 06:41 PM
Damn you're serious...are you sure you're not a 65 year old semi retired guy who drives a Camry?

orestes
02-20-2005, 06:43 PM
So by your logic, the SRT-4 has a turbo so you're never going to get a turbo because you'll be associated with a car you don't like, is that it?

nah man when the hell did i ever say i dont like the SRT-4? I think they are really cheap and really fast. not what i would buy per se but still a decent car in my opinion. i respect that a stock SRT-4 could smoke me as my car is right now, let alone if he had mods. I specifically designate d that it seems the 2 door domestics seem to be lame, knowing that the (4 Door) SRT-4 was a good sporty domestic. Soooo yeah analyze my flawless logic now, BITCH!! haha jk.

logik23
02-20-2005, 06:52 PM
nah man when the hell did i ever say i dont like the SRT-4? I think they are really cheap and really fast. not what i would buy per se but still a decent car in my opinion. i respect that a stock SRT-4 could smoke me as my car is right now, let alone if he had mods. I specifically designate d that it seems the 2 door domestics seem to be lame, knowing that the (4 Door) SRT-4 was a good sporty domestic. Soooo yeah analyze my flawless logic now, BITCH!! haha jk.

I just used the SRT-4 because it was mentioned earlier, but my analogy still stands, if you see a Civic with a turbo, will you hate them forever? No. The fact is, it's stupid to hate Recaro just because their seats are in the Ion and Cobalt, they are also in the Evo (or STi, I forget), so yeah....Retort to my analyzation of your logic now, BITCH!! haha jk.

nissanfanatic
02-20-2005, 07:22 PM
Damn you're serious...are you sure you're not a 65 year old semi retired guy who drives a Camry?

Hang on.... Let me check.:rolleyes:

slideways...
02-20-2005, 07:51 PM
i think we can all agree that GM still has no idea what is going on. they saw the success of the srt4 and figured to throw a blower onto a dressed up cavalier, and also made a saturn version of it to boot. the last time they tried this was the GTO, which cant even compete with the vauxhall monaro, and the pontiac vibe, of which about 6 people in the country bought. seriously, i hope GM does figure it out sooner rather than later. i love nissans to death but if chevy comes out with something quality i would definitely buy it. good for dodge for seeing what performance cars are all about. i cant wait for the crossfire srt6 and also the dodge charger looks good too. as far as imports go, sadly Honda is in the same boat as chevy. they had a good thing going in the 90s and did absolutely nothing to improve on it. the only thing honda makes that is even remotely good is the RSX-S which is too expensive, and the TSX, which is also is kind of pricey for the performance level.

just my :2cents:

logik23
02-20-2005, 07:59 PM
The Cobalt SS is apperently a great handling car with good power and a good price, I think they did a good job with it, granted the Ion Red Line is one of the ugliest car out there, but the Cobalt SS isn't all that bad. I mean 210hp is top of class (except for SRT-4 and tied with RSX-S). And the SRT-6 is automatic only because it's from AMG and AMG doesn't do manuals. The Charger is a joke, I mean it'll be nice car, but a 4 door automatic named after a legendary muscle car? Bullshit! So obviously, I'm owning you here, what was your comment again? (And all the nerw Acuras are awesome, but you're right, all new Hondas suck.)

R.W.240
02-20-2005, 08:15 PM
as far as imports go, sadly Honda is in the same boat as chevy. they had a good thing going in the 90s and did absolutely nothing to improve on it. the only thing honda makes that is even remotely good is the RSX-S which is too expensive, and the TSX, which is also is kind of pricey for the performance level.

Honda doesnt make the RSX and TSX, Acura does.

slideways...
02-20-2005, 08:18 PM
yeah the cobalt is decent but it is just not origional in any way shape or form.
it isnt any better handling than a modded cavalier (because it has the same suspension), and bigass wheels? rofl what are they 18 or 19 inch rims on that bad boy? i bet you could shave 3 or 4 tenths EASILY with some 15s. oh yeah and speaking of weight it tips the scales at around 3000 lbs.....not exactly helping the supercharger out any in this area either.

the ion red line is a cobalt with a taller ride height and plastic body panels so you can see how the body stiffness and center of gravity will hurt handling performance a LOT (but it is a little lighter...)

SRT-6 is not a JGTC car but i would definitely get one for a daily driver/pimp-mobile

as for the charger, sorry i didnt hear about transmission choices but all muscle cars were fast(albeit 2-door) versions of family cars in the beginning anyways so im not that worried.

yeah actually i like all acuras but in my opinion they are just (comparatively) too expensive for performance vehicles

slideways...
02-20-2005, 08:20 PM
Honda doesnt make the RSX and TSX, Acura does.

ummmm....yeah i guess technically but honda designed them and honda makes them in every country but the U.S.

logik23
02-20-2005, 08:21 PM
yeah the cobalt is decent but it is just not origional in any way shape or form.
it isnt any better handling than a modded cavalier (because it has the same suspension), and bigass wheels? rofl what are they 18 or 19 inch rims on that bad boy? i bet you could shave 3 or 4 tenths EASILY with some 15s. oh yeah and speaking of weight it tips the scales at around 3000 lbs.....not exactly helping the supercharger out any in this area either.

the ion red line is a cobalt with a taller ride height and plastic body panels so you can see how the body stiffness and center of gravity will hurt handling performance a LOT (but it is a little lighter...)

SRT-6 is not a JGTC car but i would definitely get one for a daily driver/pimp-mobile

as for the charger, sorry i didnt hear about transmission choices but all muscle cars were fast(albeit 2-door) versions of family cars in the beginning anyways so im not that worried.

18 is big for a car that size and I'm not saying the new Charger is not fast, I'm saying that it's stupid that they name it wafter a legendary 2 door sports car! And it'll only be automatic, same for the Magnum and 300C.

R.W.240
02-20-2005, 08:23 PM
ummmm....yeah i guess technically but honda designed them and honda makes them in every country but the U.S.

Nevermind, I was gonna whore it up in here and piss everyone off but I decided it would be easier on AOL Street Race chat.

8:30 Central - AOL Whoring will Commence

slideways...
02-20-2005, 08:26 PM
actually i like all acuras but in my opinion they are just (comparatively) too expensive for performance vehicles

oh yeah except the acura vigor...

orestes
02-20-2005, 08:29 PM
yes, you did mention the srt-4 , in a list of cars where it is like 2+ seconds faster than all of them in the 1/4, so not a good comparison. not a sound logical argument either buddy as you are reaching out of the defined class of cars to make an example. and i have good reasons for not having a high opinion of recaro , i know they are in nice cars (Evo, R32 Volkswagen, etc.) but they are also in shitty cars. They have become like GReddy to me now. Every POS car i see at school has GReddy exhaust and hella stickers, license plate frame, decals, all GReddy, everywhere. So its the same kind of thing, makes me want to avoid that brand, because its becoming popular among posers/ghetto people.

slideways...
02-20-2005, 08:31 PM
No they dont, Acura makes them and relabels them as hondas for a Fee. Why would some Econo ricer brand make a luxury car like Acuras?

because its the SAME COMPANY!!!
in 1986 honda started its acura division in north america to sell luxury cars. acura is a company that was created and is run by honda. yes technically it makes its own decisions but ultimately it is under the same ownership. honda didnt want to sell its more luxurious cars in the US under the Honda badge because they were concerned that its economy-image would carry over to its nicer cars and no one would want to spend the extra money on another honda.

the RSX is still sold as the HONDA Integra everywhere else and the TSX is sold as the HONDA Accord type-R.

logik23
02-20-2005, 08:32 PM
yes, you did mention the srt-4 , in a list of cars where it is like 2+ seconds faster than all of them in the 1/4, so not a good comparison. not a sound logical argument either buddy as you are reaching out of the defined class of cars to make an example. and i have good reasons for not having a high opinion of recaro , i know they are in nice cars (Evo, R32 Volkswagen, etc.) but they are also in shitty cars. They have become like GReddy to me now. Every POS car i see at school has GReddy exhaust and hella stickers, license plate frame, decals, all GReddy, everywhere. So its the same kind of thing, makes me want to avoid that brand, because its becoming popular among posers/ghetto people.

Then don't buy any of the stuff you don't like, but don't go around saying it's no good.

R.W.240
02-20-2005, 08:58 PM
sadly Honda is in the same boat as chevy. they had a good thing going in the 90s and did absolutely nothing to improve on it. the only thing honda makes that is even remotely good is the RSX-S which is too expensive, and the TSX, which is also is kind of pricey for the performance level.

AOL whoring ceased - 8:47 (beaten with the ban stick)
...maybe it would have been easier to whore here.

They're in the same boat because geuss who makes the Ecotec! Honda! hooray. Same Dimensions as the H22 just with a shitifyed Head.

Honda makes you pay for quality. The S2K, TSX, and RSX are some of the best 4 banger cars on the market and honda needs to pay for the R&D hence the 25-35K price tag.

Suislide
02-21-2005, 02:03 AM
shit-all to do with 240's, some flaming...

closed.

can we PLEASE try to keep threads in forums where they APPLY!?! jesus, i don't know how many times i've said this but i thought it would be enough. apparently not!

Add your comment to this topic!