Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Car shuts off at random times then starts back up within 15 seconds

lance268
02-17-2005, 04:39 PM
The car is running fine, but at random times it completely shuts off and I can start it right back up within 15 seconds. Im completely clueless as to what is going on. Has this happened to anyone else, what did you do to fix it?

catdaddy77
05-03-2005, 05:16 PM
i have the same exact prblem did you fix it?how?

mzdakitty
08-16-2005, 04:03 PM
Mine does the same thing!

mannyh1283
08-31-2005, 09:40 AM
Mine does the same thing!
on my millenia it would shut off at randon times i but it on the snapon obd2 it it said it was my crank shaft positon sensor. i was told the sensoer was in the distributer. i called a local salvage yard and found it for 50 bucks since then car has been running fine

evenfunnier
04-05-2006, 04:31 PM
hi

the most common thing for this fault in the uk is the distributor. We just change the whole unit as its something breaking down inside which is hard to diagnose as it may be in its ok state when you strip it down to check it.

as long as the air filer, fuel filter are ok and there are no air leaks (especially from the pipe between the airflow meter and the throttle body), then i'd say 80% chance its the distributor (spark side!!!)

hope this helps and isn't too late but i have only just found this site tonight!!

Evenfunnier

Add your comment to this topic!