Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

clubrsx

paulkramer
02-15-2005, 04:37 PM
What's up with those guys on clubrsx.........are they all spoiled rich kids or what? Sorry, just venting. This forum is a lot more down-to-earth. :smokin:

crazy_canuck
02-15-2005, 05:02 PM
Being on both forums I gotta say.....this is down to earth because there's like 5 of us, more like a chat convo than a forum....ClubRSX is good, although it depends on what questions you ask (ie search before you post) and some people are tools.

paulkramer
02-15-2005, 05:21 PM
Yeah, I agree. This is like a little family here. :lol2:

mason_RsX
02-16-2005, 09:16 AM
Who's the mom? Who's the dad? I call black sheep!

and I have never actually checked clubrsx, I dont say much and don't have racing stories or mods...they would porbably eat me alive

sivic02
02-16-2005, 09:26 AM
I think Im kind of like the pet dog, not the same kind of car but by gosh I just love you guys! lol. A lot of car specific forums get overrun by jackasses. Check out www.k-series.com A lot fo the stuff is about the ep3 but the rsx community over there is growing every day and most of the people there are nice.

On a side note, if your installing a high flow cat on the RSX make sure someone holds it when your taking the last bolt out, if not youll end up with a huge knot on your head like me....ow...

paulkramer
02-16-2005, 10:01 AM
LOL - the engine wasn't running now, was it!!??

RSX-S777
02-16-2005, 06:51 PM
I'm the asshole big brother who's always pinning you down and farting in your face. I think tomorrow I'll pants Mason in front of the neighborhood girls...

paulkramer
02-17-2005, 08:12 AM
Hmm.....can't you "pants" the neighborhood girls instead?!

Mendari
02-17-2005, 04:31 PM
What's up with those guys on clubrsx.........are they all spoiled rich kids or what?
Many of them seem to have more Credit Cards than tools.

Get ready to flame me.....
Many of the Domestic car guys in this forum seem to do most of their own work.
Many of those Import car guys in the ClubRSX forum tend to pay someone else to do the work.

DIY is a big part of the fun.

sivic02
02-17-2005, 05:58 PM
Many of them seem to have more Credit Cards than tools.

Get ready to flame me.....
Many of the Domestic car guys in this forum seem to do most of their own work.
Many of those Import car guys in the ClubRSX forum tend to pay someone else to do the work.

DIY is a big part of the fun.

Exactly! Thats one of my big problems with a lot of the "import tuner" crowd. If you are going to mod your car then do it yourself. If someone else does it for you then whats the point in doing it? If someone else does it then its not your car in the greater sense. I get a ton of pride out of doing even little things myself for my car. These kids that take their car into a shop to get an air intake installed need to be taken out and beaten....damn vin diesel and his neon crap...

Also I have had people ask me to help them install things on their car, see thats cool. If you dont feel like you can do something by yourself just ask, someone will be happy to help you. That way you get to learn and if you ever need to do it again or do any work to whatever you have done you will know how to do it.

RSX-S777
02-17-2005, 06:22 PM
Mendari- the problem is, some people lack the tools or the confidence to muck around with some of the more intensive mods. I'll mess around under the hood, bolt on an exhaust, intake or even install suspension parts- but I don't cut and weld or drop transmissions. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm a botanist- a professional with a full-time career, not a mechanic. And I'm a car enthusiast, not a street racer. I'll be goddamned if I'm going to fuck up a 25,000 car to prove I'm a man or something. I can and will fix, install and maintain the majority of the time, but I'm no idiot. When I need a mechanic, I have a damn good one and I won't hesitate to take it in. Besides, maybe the reason domestic guys do most of their own work is due to the fact that American cars are complete shit and the cost of professional labor alone would total more than they earn in a year.

crazy_canuck
02-17-2005, 06:31 PM
I agree with S777.

Whilst I prefer and try to do my own mods, sometimes it should be done by a pro. Even a simple thing like a tint isn't really a DIY project, so is some heavy engine work. And when it comes to lip kits, boltons, etc. most CRSX'ers do it themselves.

paulkramer
02-18-2005, 08:18 AM
Hey!! What about my request?!

Yeah, you are all correct. Doing it yourself is the fun part, but S777 is also correct. I have a full-time nightmare (I mean job) and I don't have the time or energy any more to do a lot of stuff on my car. The psychos at work drain all that initiative out of me daily. Which is primary reason I gave up my domestic for my RSX. I could see that I was going to have to start using vacation time to make repairs!!

I think you're right about clubrsx - yesterday this kid, who's avatar reads "I hate college" was complaining about his Acura dealer because they didn't want to replace a broken fog lamp!! What the hell!! I mean, MAYBE insurance would pay for it, depending on the circumstances. The kicker is - after telling them about daddy's BMW and mommy's Lexus, they replaced it!!! Maybe he just bugged the crap out of them, like this woman I work with, until they caved and gave him what he wanted.

What's wrong with this country?! I think I'll move to Canada!!

BTW - S777 - you're a botanist!? Cool! I love plants, but am more of an amateur horticulturist. Tropicals. Crowding me out of my apartment at the moment. :rofl:

RSX-S777
02-18-2005, 04:24 PM
Paul, I will grant your request to pants those girls...as soon as some show their faces around here. I think the prospect of seeing Mas with his pants down may have scared them off. And I understand your plant sickness. It's very similar to our obsession with cars and often as expensive. Shelled out 189$ for one 6" plant last year on Ebay. :iceslolan

sivic02
02-18-2005, 10:08 PM
It may have scared away the girls but it sure got my atention :iceslolan:

I used to be into botany when i was in high school, until my dad found the plant growing in my closet and made me throw it out...just glad he never found the ones in the back yard :)

RSX-S777
02-19-2005, 08:34 AM
Siv...off the record...that's actually how I got into plants and the genetics of plants. Try working that into a job interview...

paulkramer
02-19-2005, 09:49 AM
Siv...off the record...that's actually how I got into plants and the genetics of plants. Try working that into a job interview...

:lol:

Dr.Gonzo
02-21-2005, 02:38 AM
To defend ClubRSX they aren't that bad I mean it's not like VWvortex damn you want to see some serious bashing try to post a simple question there. I don't know how many times I've seen some poor person get bashed by asking a question about cams or an intake. I myself want to get a TypeS and I asked questions about it on this forum plus Club RSX and thankfully the people on both forums were very cool and helpful.

mason_RsX
02-21-2005, 09:17 AM
Guess who's back...back again...Masons back...tell a friend

and in terms of pantsing me, I invented that! plus, im half black...think about it...plus im the black sheep, eventually S777 I set your car and all your crop plants on fire you fuckin Trailer Park Boy! (Canuck should get that joke, and it needed the curse word, sorry mods) :) you can be Ricky

Personally, I do very light work on my car, and I would perform bolt-on jobs with a gearhead friend of mine. and toying with a leased car (lease up soon, ill be rsx less) is definatly out of the question...Me and a friend are gonna split on like a $1000 car (eventually) and just tear it apart and put it back together...

and Career wise...im in Auditing, im an accountant! horray!

RSX-S777
02-21-2005, 09:23 AM
If I had a nickel for every half-black, big-dicked accountant without an RSX...now where did I put my ketchup sandwich?

Accountants make good money, don't they? Can't you buy an 05?

paulkramer
02-21-2005, 01:11 PM
If I had a nickel for every half-black, big-dicked accountant without an RSX...now where did I put my ketchup sandwich?

Accountants make good money, don't they? Can't you buy an 05?

He says he can't afford to keep his '02!!

crazy_canuck
02-21-2005, 05:12 PM
To defend ClubRSX they aren't that bad I mean it's not like VWvortex damn you want to see some serious bashing try to post a simple question there. I don't know how many times I've seen some poor person get bashed by asking a question about cams or an intake. I myself want to get a TypeS and I asked questions about it on this forum plus Club RSX and thankfully the people on both forums were very cool and helpful.I spend way to much time on CRSX....and there are a lot of cool and knowledgeable people there.

And yes, Club1.8T, VWVortex, and many other forums are much worse. Hell, on the G35 club one member died in a car crash and they laughed. When a member died on ClubRSX there were over a thousand condolence posts and members from all sorts of clubs gave their respects.

crazy_canuck
02-21-2005, 05:14 PM
Guess who's back...back again...Masons back...tell a friend

and in terms of pantsing me, I invented that! plus, im half black...think about it...plus im the black sheep, eventually S777 I set your car and all your crop plants on fire you fuckin Trailer Park Boy! (Canuck should get that joke, and it needed the curse word, sorry mods) :) you can be Ricky
Hahaha yeah I get the joke, I don't watch the show though, that guy with the super-duper thick glasses freaks me out.

mason_RsX
02-22-2005, 07:52 AM
hahaha good old bubbles...and yeah im pretty unique to be in accounting...lot of old white guys who cant hold their alcohol here...

and money wise im on a work term right now for 4 months then im back in school...so all my money is going to my stupid education...b4 my work term my previous employer paid for my school while I worked in the summer at normal salary (long story) but theres no potential in being an ATM repairman

Car wise I have her for another 6 days......

Mendari
02-22-2005, 10:43 AM
...some people lack the tools or the confidence to muck around with some of the more intensive mods. I'll mess around under the hood, bolt on an exhaust, intake or even install suspension parts- but I don't cut and weld or drop transmissions...

This is exactly true.
For example, turbocharging an RSX can be a nightmare. So, the owner must know how to, and be able to, fix problems on the fly. Otherwise, they will be spending alot of time driving a domestic vehicle ( i.e. a rental car ) :wink: .

mmont0
02-26-2005, 09:15 AM
All I have to say on the original topic is that this place is a bit more quaint but you can sure find a ton of info. on any topic about the RSX at CRSX!

As far as the turbo I agree with Mendari. You should have the knowledge before you slap one in. That's why I choose not to have one. Messing around with internals is not for a newbie especially if that is your main ride.

If I wanted a car with turbo, I would have bought the STI or EVO.

As far as easy stuff, like bolt ons, that should be done by the owner, in my opinion.

BTW, should we have a sub-forum on botany? It seems a lot of you guys are interested in plants around here! :grinyes: :grinyes: :grinyes:

Add your comment to this topic!