Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Prelude vs Integra

Jindun
02-15-2005, 12:47 PM
This isn't a kill story but rather a question.

I wanted to know what you guys thought was the better car, in terms of performance, quality, technology, etc. No specific model years or models are being directly compared but the cars in general are being compared.

This question just stems from a discussion with a friend over which was the better car.

So which is the better car and why?

dampachi
02-15-2005, 04:04 PM
I'd take an integra Type-R over a prelude Type-SH anyday!

crv-tec
02-15-2005, 04:33 PM
Well that just goes without saying though... I'd pick the teg, just because they are smaller I think... small car = fun driving in traffic

240SXLude
02-15-2005, 04:41 PM
Prelude because overall u can do more to the H22..just my opinion

whtteg
02-15-2005, 05:29 PM
Search it has been covered many many times.

crv-tec
02-15-2005, 05:51 PM
Go georgia tech...

dampachi
02-15-2005, 08:49 PM
I wouldn't exactly say you can do more to the H22 than to the B18C5..but whatever.

whtteg
02-15-2005, 09:28 PM
Go georgia tech...

Was that supose to be funny?

pikkagtr
02-15-2005, 09:47 PM
teg over the weight burdened lude anyday

240SXLude
02-16-2005, 08:13 AM
I wouldn't exactly say you can do more to the H22 than to the B18C5..but whatever.
how come? I'm curious to know what your opinion is on this. I'm not trying to start anything cuz you might actually be right.

Privatebigandrew
02-17-2005, 05:58 PM
The after market is a lot more loving towards the B-series motors over any other motor in the Honda family. Its a proven fact, just flip open any sport compact magazine.

Gohan Ryu
02-18-2005, 12:11 PM
The after market is a lot more loving towards the B-series motors over any other motor in the Honda family. Its a proven fact, just flip open any sport compact magazine.

Somewhat true. The aftermarket is laden with cheap parts for the most popular engines (like B series), but the larger, more reputable companies (like Greddy, Skunk2 etc...) all have parts for H series engines. H22's can be modded as much as any other engine, but you have to spend a lot more money because they don't sell cheap parts for H22's.

crv-tec
02-18-2005, 12:17 PM
Was that supose to be funny?
Appeartnly not...

whtteg
02-18-2005, 05:03 PM
Appeartnly not...

No sweat man UGA football is taken very seriously around here. If you are a UGA fan you hate GT fans, simple as that lol.

Dr.Gonzo
02-21-2005, 02:18 AM
Hmmmm I think it would be cool to see a heavily modded N/A H22 Prelude. Yeah the weight thing is an issue but honestly how much do they weigh over the Type R? On the expensive side you should try modding my car's engine VW's VR6 has to be one of the most expensive 4dr semi sports compact car to modify.

S13wanabe
02-21-2005, 03:03 AM
VR6's are the biggest piles of crap ever made. It is entirely stupid to get one. The 1.8T runs an identical 1/4 mile time and has the turbo already on it. And the 1.8T's are so easy to mod and the VR6's are a bitch and a half. Anyway the integra is way better hands down. Just as fast with a better motor and better handling. The H22 is nice but the extra torque it has just adds to burnouts and nothing else. I'm not a fan of the H22 unless it's in a built race car.

6dmnbag
02-21-2005, 12:57 PM
I've seen stock sh preludes beat integra's, I would have to say preludes are the better car.

crv-tec
02-21-2005, 01:04 PM
No sweat man UGA football is taken very seriously around here. If you are a UGA fan you hate GT fans, simple as that lol.
Yea SEC football usually is taken very serious. Gonna suck next year without the 4 year starting QB for UGA though...

crv-tec
02-21-2005, 01:13 PM
I've seen stock sh preludes beat integra's, I would have to say preludes are the better car.

Your joking right? The SH preludes that are OBD-2 and have the ATTS option that dosn't allow you to modifiy it without going OBD-1 and ripping out the trannies are better then the intergra? Could someone please explain how that works for me?

SiGNAL748
02-21-2005, 01:29 PM
To tell you the truth, SH's are junk for straight line performance. Even the Base's were faster.

A 4th Gen VTEC, provided a decent driver, will hang with a Type-R.

h22's are awesome motors; unfortunately they weren't graced with a lighter chassis.

Shpyder
02-21-2005, 03:41 PM
I dont know much about Honda engines, but my friend has a 1992 2-dr accord, with the H22a. He has NO mods, but his car is fast as hell. I know when I raced him, he didnt lose by too much. Pretty impressive.

pikkagtr
02-22-2005, 03:47 PM
To tell you the truth, SH's are junk for straight line performance. Even the Base's were faster.

A 4th Gen VTEC, provided a decent driver, will hang with a Type-R.

h22's are awesome motors; unfortunately they weren't graced with a lighter chassis.

really?? :sly:

would love to see one do it "someday"
:cwm27:

TunerTeg
03-10-2005, 09:23 AM
The integra is the better car, better handling, the motor has more potential, and better looks in my opinion. The prelude is a very nice car though I would take one. Maybe gut it.

Prelude707
03-14-2005, 05:18 PM
Your joking right? The SH preludes that are OBD-2 and have the ATTS option that dosn't allow you to modifiy it without going OBD-1 and ripping out the trannies are better then the intergra? Could someone please explain how that works for me?

Can you explain to what you mean by that? You don't have to rip out the tranny or go OBDI to modify a prelude. And there are plenty of Integras that are OBDII so does that mean you have to do the same to them?

Zachp911
03-14-2005, 05:51 PM
Both cars are nice, the Integra is probably a little quicker b/c of the weight difference, I love my Prelude though

Gohan Ryu
03-18-2005, 10:57 AM
The numbers might be wrong for the ITR because I only checked one website, but here's what I found...

4th Gen VTEC Prelude
190 hp
158 tq
2932 lbs
0-60 6.1 secs
1/4 mi 14.9

2000 ITR
195 hp
130 tq
2640 lbs
0-60 6.6 secs
1/4 mi 15.1

Looks like they're pretty evenly matched.

S13wanabe
03-18-2005, 12:24 PM
I usually find the Preludes run 15.3, and the Type R usually run 14.8. When I did searches this is what the majority of the spec sheets said. The GSR runs a 15.3 too, and so does an RSX Type-S. But it would really come down to driver error. At the track I usually see fast Type R's and rarely see fast Preludes. Nothing against them, but they are heavy, and like to burn out.

crv-tec
03-18-2005, 12:46 PM
Can you explain to what you mean by that? You don't have to rip out the tranny or go OBDI to modify a prelude. And there are plenty of Integras that are OBDII so does that mean you have to do the same to them?

This from what I understand of the SH's. The SH came with the ATTS option which helps with pitch and yaw (I think thats how its spelled) control. From what I understand the OBDII ecu will read any modification and attempt to reset it back to stock, throwing a code in the process. Now the ATTS option I belive is controled by the ECU, so simply disconnecting the fuse that controls the ATTS function will be worthless, as you will still have the mechanical parts just sitting there. So I belive if you just take a half assed route to removing the ATTS (still not sure how to do it) I belive you'd probally throw a code. I'm still not sure of everything that is involved with the ATTS function and the ECU, but thats what I understand so far... if you know something I don't feel free to share it so I can know for the future...

Vip09
03-22-2005, 01:46 AM
I usually find the Preludes run 15.3, and the Type R usually run 14.8. When I did searches this is what the majority of the spec sheets said. The GSR runs a 15.3 too, and so does an RSX Type-S. But it would really come down to driver error. At the track I usually see fast Type R's and rarely see fast Preludes. Nothing against them, but they are heavy, and like to burn out.

RSX Type-S will do high 14's as well as the Type-R. GSR and Prelude will run similar times (mid-high 15's avg, low 15 good driver), but I think the Prelude has the edge.

Prelude707
03-22-2005, 06:29 PM
This from what I understand of the SH's. The SH came with the ATTS option which helps with pitch and yaw (I think thats how its spelled) control. From what I understand the OBDII ecu will read any modification and attempt to reset it back to stock, throwing a code in the process. Now the ATTS option I belive is controled by the ECU, so simply disconnecting the fuse that controls the ATTS function will be worthless, as you will still have the mechanical parts just sitting there. So I belive if you just take a half assed route to removing the ATTS (still not sure how to do it) I belive you'd probally throw a code. I'm still not sure of everything that is involved with the ATTS function and the ECU, but thats what I understand so far... if you know something I don't feel free to share it so I can know for the future...

It has been proven that OBDII ecus do not reset modifications. Many people had thought that (me included) but someone over at Super Honda enlightened me to the fact that it does not. So you can freely mod an OBDII car. Even if it did effect the mods then Type Rs are OBDII too, so I can have the same arguement about them.

And I'm not getting what your connection between OBDII and the ATTS system is coming from. ATTS does nothing to effect modications or the engine system for that matter. It has to do with the drivetrain. You can freely mod a SH and it'll respond to modifications as well as a 96+ Type R.

If we're talking about drag racing we should be comparing the base and the Type R. Any racing involving turning should be the SH since the SH does nothing for straight line performance. IMO the Type R is better for drag but would lose to the ATTS system in AutoXing.

Shpyder
03-24-2005, 02:05 PM
Preludes are better looking cars IMO...

S13wanabe
03-24-2005, 02:51 PM
I like the look of the Preludes better than the Integras with the stupid circle head lights, but I like the Integras better if they have the jdm front end.

tetrahydro
03-25-2005, 04:32 PM
I like the look of the Preludes better than the Integras with the stupid circle head lights, but I like the Integras better if they have the jdm front end.

id take a 4th gen prelude before a type R teggy. looks better and can make a whole lot more horses

V T E C H
03-28-2005, 10:38 PM
I would take a teg over a prelude anyday, for looks, and handeling, weight, and it seems to me that there is more aftermarket support for Integras over preludes, but thats just my 2 cents

crv-tec
03-29-2005, 11:12 AM
I think for handeling, as used in autocross, I'd take the type SH for its ATTS and LSD... not sure if the ITR has a similar handeling function or lsd....

whtteg
03-29-2005, 03:18 PM
I think for handeling, as used in autocross, I'd take the type SH for its ATTS and LSD... not sure if the ITR has a similar handeling function or lsd....

Yes the ITR has a LSD, not to sounds bias or anything but a lot of SCCA drivers that I have talked to say they perfer not to have the ATTS.

crv-tec
03-29-2005, 04:46 PM
Really? I was told that the ATTS option was used for pitch and yaw control and helps eliminate body roll and such, any clue why they prefer not to use it?

whtteg
03-29-2005, 04:57 PM
Really? I was told that the ATTS option was used for pitch and yaw control and helps eliminate body roll and such, any clue why they prefer not to use it?

Most of them saud that it broke easily and that having the ATTS kept them from racing in STS class and they had to move up to STX which the WRX runs in, so you will not be as competitive. They have also made comments that the ATTS does not perform as well as a normal 1 way LSD. But I dunno I have little experience with the ATTS system.

94DXSiR
03-29-2005, 05:29 PM
Hard to say for me, Ive always been a fan of the H22 engine, mostly because my friend put a fully built one in a CRX and let me ride it, yeah it couldnt handle to well, but man, in that tiny car that thing moved, forward that is. But thats just the engine, I would side with an Integra, the 4th gen, I guess thats the one prior to the 2 little headlights, right now I am really a civic person, havnt learned to much on tegs yet, Im such a newb...

tetrahydro
03-29-2005, 05:50 PM
i think what this really comes down to in the long run are those fucking hideous headlights that acura put on those fucking things, just seeing them makes me want to gag, so therefore it doesnt matter which car is actually faster or handles better... prelude's headlights just look better.

whtteg
03-29-2005, 05:56 PM
i think what this really comes down to in the long run are those fucking hideous headlights that acura put on those fucking things, just seeing them makes me want to gag, so therefore it doesnt matter which car is actually faster or handles better... prelude's headlights just look better.

yes because that should be the deciding factor in a race. :rolleyes:

crv-tec
03-29-2005, 07:23 PM

Theres still nothing better then the tegra's 1 pieces though...

tetrahydro
03-29-2005, 09:11 PM
im just saying those headlights turn alot of people away from buying that car...

crv-tec
03-29-2005, 09:49 PM
I'll agree to the newer style headlights, but the one piece I thought always looked good...

V T E C H
03-30-2005, 12:47 AM
IMHO the circle headlights give the integra a distinct look. Very diffrent then anyother car so its easy to tell what kind of car it is, just by looking at the head lights. I find that very cool. but thats just me, and like whtteg said, that is probably the most important factor in a race lol.

GScivic7
03-30-2005, 01:55 AM
im just saying those headlights turn alot of people away from buying that car...
you must be smoking something. Have you ever noticed the ungodly amount of integras on the road?

tetrahydro
03-30-2005, 03:56 PM
you must be smoking something. Have you ever noticed the ungodly amount of integras on the road?

yeah its scary to think how many there would be if they looked half decent

95vteclude
04-13-2005, 12:51 PM
I would pick the prelude over the teg in a heartbeat. I'm partially bias because I owned a 4th gen prelude but my gf's sister has a GSR and it feels so much cheaper then the prelude. Its quick and all but its no comparison. I raced dozens of tegs with my prelude and only lost to a couple.
And YES H22A preludes can hang with Type R's without a doubt. You can ask my buddy Mike down at circuit city in plantation fl. I got him 2 out of 4 races with his type-r.

KrNxRaCer00
04-13-2005, 10:02 PM
this is really a never ending debate that just comes down to biased opinion (even if you don't mean it to be.)

both cars are very close when i comes to performance and appeal. for looks, it is all personal preference. one guy thought the headlights on the integra were disgusting, however as another member pointed out...this doesn't seem to be the popular vote.

others don't like the looks of the prelude and some of its features. i personally don't like the front end on the newer ludes, they look too long....its just opinion, but many would disagree with me.

go out, test drive both, and find out which one YOU like more. its all up to you and what you decide fits you and your personality/goals/uses etc better.

-closed

Add your comment to this topic!