Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

need infomation

chevies4ver
02-12-2005, 06:45 AM
hi,all I have a friend who has a 85 rolls royce silver spur he was told by somebody that they thought that some parts on the car were interchangable with chevrolet parts is this true and if so is there any place i can get part numbers that interchange 9part looking rihgt now is power steering pump)

Thanks
chevies4ver@yahoo.com

kratefan
03-25-2005, 05:40 PM
[QUOTE=chevies4ver]hi,all I have a friend who has a 85 rolls royce silver spur he was told by somebody that they thought that some parts on the car were interchangable with chevrolet parts is this true and if so is there any place i can get part numbers that interchange 9part looking rihgt now is power steering pump)QUOTE]

At one time, Rolls Royce used GM transmissions. My Silver Cloud had the Hydra-matic. With the Silver Shadow, they changed over to the Turbo Hydramatic. I'm not sure if they kept that with the Spur or not.

Jeff

stevertum
10-04-2005, 05:24 PM
I believe that Silver Shadow models also had a General Motors transmission (GM400?) as well as air conditioning compressor.

kratefan
12-10-2005, 12:24 AM
I believe that Silver Shadow models also had a General Motors transmission (GM400?) as well as air conditioning compressor.
Yes, I've since found out that the GM400 was used in most of the Spirits and Spurs. The later electronic tranny was used in REALLY late model cars.
Jeff

Add your comment to this topic!