Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Such thing as a Torino Shelby Cobra?

Kalanica2
02-09-2005, 08:24 AM
We were lucky to buy a 71 Torino 429CJ. It's all original and in really top shape. The story we heard was that someone garaged it (not a bit of rust or dents on it, looks beautifully clean and straight) then passed and his son or grandson took it to the local dealer and traded it in for a new Mustang. This dealer didn't know what to do with it so they sold it to another dealer in another state. We saw an ad on a Torino Cobra site and bought it from the dealer who didn't know much at all about Torinos. We just got it last wk and it's one nice car. It's got power windows, rear window defroster and the interior is immaculate. The interior has no rips. It's black leather (vinyl?) with the middle of the bucket seats and rear seat in a sort of tiny checkerboard (blk and white tweed I guess, very subtle) design. The steering wheel says Shelby Cobra. Was there a Shelby Cobra torino made? This car is so original and in such perfect shape that I can't see this person putting a mustang steering wheel? It's a J code vin. Thanks!

dougger222
02-13-2005, 04:17 PM
Carroll Shelby modified several cars but a Torino was not one of them.

He's done,
Ford-Mustangs but is working with Ford again!
Dodge-Omnis, Chargers, Shadows, Lancers, Dakotas, Vipers, and Durangos.
GM-used an Olds motor for his Series 1's.

Carroll Shelbys name also appeared on Daytonas, Chargers, and Lancers but they were Chrysler factory cars and never made it to Carrolls Whittier California shop for mods.

writerguy
07-26-2005, 04:28 PM
Carroll Shelby modified several cars but a Torino was not one of them.

He's done,
Ford-Mustangs but is working with Ford again!
Dodge-Omnis, Chargers, Shadows, Lancers, Dakotas, Vipers, and Durangos.
GM-used an Olds motor for his Series 1's.

Carroll Shelbys name also appeared on Daytonas, Chargers, and Lancers but they were Chrysler factory cars and never made it to Carrolls Whittier California shop for mods.

You are wrong

there was a Torino Cobra it was a ford product and not really directly shelby done but there are still a few floating around. (I know where 1 sits right now
:naughty: )

dougger222
08-10-2005, 09:41 AM
It is not a Shelby so I think I may be right.

Add your comment to this topic!