Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

power+other issues 96 millenia S

funkxl
02-01-2005, 05:46 PM
Hi guys. I was wondering if anyone could offer any advice to some of the problems w/ my car. 1996 Mazda Millenia S 92k miles

There seems to be some kind of electrical problem w/ the car. When ever I push the brake the headlights/interior lights dim. Also if to many lights are on the interior lights flicker in and out. I had to replace the 12v car cigarette lighter because the filament blew (not sure if this is due to the ongoing power issues). I took it to the shop and they hooked up some kind of voltammeter to the battery. They told me that the battery was underpowered, and the alternator was running "excessively" there was a graph showing a line with sharp peaks and valleys. The alternator was putting out 14.5v though which I though was normal. Is it possible that the battery/alternator is an issue. And if so how much would it cost to replace these items? My automatic climate control is acting funny also. The number keeps getting stuck, and the dial won’t change the temp. I have to fiddle with it like crazy to get it to work. I’m assuming there is some kind of bad connection between the knob and the switch that control the temp…how hard is it to take the knob off/ and possible fix/replace it. Is it expensive?

My other issue is a problem with the front left wheel well. When i go over a slight bump it makes a crackly popping noise. The front struts were just replaced, so I don't think this is the issue. Any advice would be welcome/appreciated. Thanks in advance guys.

Last thing I average 22miles/per gallon....is that terrible? What are you guys getting with your Millenia S
Thanks again. I look forward to your help. My email is funkxl@yahoo.com

Last thing I average 22miles/per gallon....is that terrible? What are you guys getting with your Millenia S edition?

Add your comment to this topic!