Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

93 1.9 l. bad miss at

oldmanneedshelp
01-26-2005, 06:01 PM
My 93 1.9 developed a real bad stumble driving home from workie today
It only happens at 50 + miles per hour on acceralation. So i went to the Zone and picked up new plugs and wires and installed the treasures. took it for a spin, same problemo.
what should I check next ?
I think I allready know, what ya all gonna say have the codes pulled right ?
Wrong ?

Jet-Lee
01-27-2005, 08:00 AM
i was gonna say get 9mm wires, but u got the 1.9l so i dunno if that applies here. fuel pressure? fuel pump? vacuum leak?

chevyn0va1
01-27-2005, 01:18 PM
i was gonna say get 9mm wires, but u got the 1.9l so i dunno if that applies here. fuel pressure? fuel pump? vacuum leak?

how about coil or ignition module? dont know if you will get codes if your not having the check engine light on. (which you dont mention if it does)

Jet-Lee
01-27-2005, 02:09 PM
how about coil or ignition module? dont know if you will get codes if your not having the check engine light on. (which you dont mention if it does)
Good point, no codes if ur CEL isnt on, but I've also been told by mechanics that if ur CEL isn't on it generally means your coil or ignition module is fine. That was one thing I was concerned about with my car, but after they told me that, I just left it alone. But then again, we got 2.0L versus your 1.9L.

djltherock
02-03-2005, 09:50 AM
did you get it figured out? I may have the same problem. Do you have an EGR valve? I unplugged mine and the problem went away. so I replaced the EGR valve ($50), plugged it back up and voila! I still have the same problem. I will go the EVR valve next unless I find any other suggestions. I hate throwing parts at my car, but the EGR valve is supposed to be replaced every once in a while. Let me know...

A. Souphound
02-03-2005, 12:47 PM
My 93 1.9 developed a real bad stumble driving home from workie today
It only happens at 50 + miles per hour on acceralation. So i went to the Zone and picked up new plugs and wires and installed the treasures. took it for a spin, same problemo.
what should I check next ?
I think I allready know, what ya all gonna say have the codes pulled right ?
Wrong ?

I bought a 1990 1.9L 'problem car' a couple of weeks back. (The guy I bought it from had replaced wires, sparkplugs, fuel filter, put injection cleaner in it, and etc. and nothing had helped.) Being a 90 model he decided he wasn't going to put more money in it, and sold it to me.) The car started and ran decent up to about 55 MPH, and from there up to 65+ MPH it had little power and felt like it was running on two or maybe three cylinders when I tried to accelerate (or an incline). Using a hand scanner I pulled the codes with the engine off, and it showed a 02 sensor code, and indicated signal was 'lean'. I replaced the 02 sensor and took it for a spin. Performance was much better, but I still had to reset the timing etc. that had been changed in an effort to fix the car. Car runs great.
So, in summary: It could be the 02 sensor.
Hope this helps.
Alvin

Add your comment to this topic!