Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Fuel and oil = lots of smoke - HELP!

CUAeroGrad
01-23-2005, 12:21 AM
An injector recently failed on my S13 (no impedance measured and cylinder not running) so I decided to change it out. when I removed the injector in question, overnight I noticed a fuel/oil mix under the car. I put everything back together the next day with the new injector and the car wouldnt start unless the accelerator was floored. Eventually starting came online normally, but the car was smoking like crazy - gray/white in color and lots of it. I'm thinking I tore the ring at the injector/manifold contact when I replaced the injector. I am getting quite a bit of fuel into the oilpan as evidenced by a check of the dipstick. As well the smoking isnt bad at start up but once the engine is running (ie couple blocks driving) it gets overwhelming. Can anyone confirm this diagnosis or suggest anything else to look at before I start tearing into the car again? Thanks in advance!!!

AWDSR20
01-23-2005, 12:43 AM
get a 300 $ motor from a junkyard and save ur self the hassssll!

nissanfanatic
01-23-2005, 09:28 AM
Check compression. Did you reset the ECU? Sometimes you have to reset it when you change stuff like that out.

Chuki_breath
01-23-2005, 07:04 PM
i have changed countless numbers of fuel injectors, have never had a problem like that. Sounds fishy to me.

CUAeroGrad
02-19-2005, 02:17 PM
Turns out the ring was a bit too small - technician at the shop said that for the injectors I used as a replacement it wasn't uncommon for the vendor to send the wrong sized ring, as those injectors are used in multiple applications. So fuel was indeed getting into the cylinder and back down into the oilpan, not to mention dumping a lot directly into the cat. So a $2.50 part later she's back up and running!

TatII
02-19-2005, 03:27 PM
yeah i was just goin to say that you had a leaky injector. oh wellz post whore time.

R.W.240
02-19-2005, 07:21 PM
A shop down in Houston just burned an SR 240 to the ground because of a leaky injector.

Leaky Injector + External Wastegate + Two Step Rev Limiter = FIRE!!1

FIRE!!1 + Retated Firemen = One Ugly 240 Shell

Add your comment to this topic!