Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2000 Cavalier Coupe manual windows slip

Cavalier00
01-20-2005, 12:18 PM
First post.

Did a search on window, windows, slip, slips, but came up with nothing so here it goes.

Drove my wife's Cavalier for the first time in months and it has a few problems with it. They seem to me that they should be simple to fix, but I'm not a car repair guy. If I can get some good advise though, I'm sure I can make the repairs and save some labor costs.

So I'll start off with an easy one here, and do future searches/posts as I get things fixed.

The manual windows on our 2000 Cavalier Coupe seems to slip a fraction of an inch every few days, so you have to tighten the manual arm/crank a little to roll up the window and stop the wind whistling.

Before I try ripping off the door panels, anyone know what the problem and solution might be?

Thanks.

noshun
01-23-2005, 10:32 PM
First post.

Did a search on window, windows, slip, slips, but came up with nothing so here it goes.

Drove my wife's Cavalier for the first time in months and it has a few problems with it. They seem to me that they should be simple to fix, but I'm not a car repair guy. If I can get some good advise though, I'm sure I can make the repairs and save some labor costs.

So I'll start off with an easy one here, and do future searches/posts as I get things fixed.

The manual windows on our 2000 Cavalier Coupe seems to slip a fraction of an inch every few days, so you have to tighten the manual arm/crank a little to roll up the window and stop the wind whistling.

Before I try ripping off the door panels, anyone know what the problem and solution might be?

Thanks.
Sound like a problem with the window reglator (the mechanism that makes it go up and down) It may be that there is a meshing problem of something is lose. Just take the door panel off carefully and just look and fiddle insde the door and check for anything that appears loose and try to tighten it!

Add your comment to this topic!