Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Female DESPERATE for help fixing a 1990 Geo Storm...

Trac6752000
01-19-2005, 12:47 PM
I just got this car and it has a few little things that need to be done.

1. My speedometer cable squeeks BADLY. How do I fix it. Is it easy to get to? Maybe this will also fix the short in my dash lights, (with the headlights on, if I go over a bump, they flicker on and off). A good wack on the dash and they will come back on.

2. How easy is it to change the stereo? I have a CD player I want to install, but I can't find anyone who has the universal stereo adapter to hook it up. I can wire it myself, but I want to make sure I do it right. Can anyone help me?

3. If anyone is in the Oklahoma City area, do you know where is a good place to get shocks, maybe some used body parts, (driver side door).

This car runs good, but desperatly needs some TLC. I am no car expert, but I am not a dumb blonde either. Will somebody PLEASE help me. :banghead:

I know this is alot, but any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Desperate in Oklahoma

alm350
02-05-2005, 03:56 PM
1:the speedo cable is non-servicable have to replace..
the dash lights have a (tsb out) but i dont have alldata anymore. find a repair shop and have them look up the rapair for it, your parts house maybe able to do this if they have access to tsb's and alldata,but no the cable will not fix that problem i would guess its a faulty ground or connector on the back of the pannel
2: as for the adapter any parts house or stereo shop will have them and alot of times so will walmart or if all else fails goto ebay
3:as for the junks yards close to you look in the yellow pages under automtive parts used: and just start calling for prices or look under automtive body repair parts: and look for parts supplers in your area . hope this helps :smokin:

mishuleo
01-18-2006, 05:03 PM
i suggest a service car for ures problems

cheesep
01-21-2006, 10:05 PM
Well, if you really need help from experts with these cars (Geo Storm, Isuzu Impulse-Stylus-Imark, and Asuna Sunfire), Check out either Isuzone.org, or stormowners.com. Both are very insightful places, but stormowners is more geared towards beginners of all kinds, and isuzone is much more technical.
They are both very active communities and I'm sure you will find the help you need on either of them.

Hope This Helps.

Add your comment to this topic!