Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2004 Mercury Marauder

niterider330
01-13-2005, 09:19 PM
I bought a 2004 Mercury Marauder, silver in color, in August 2004. Having driven Ford Crown Vics for 27 years as a Police Officer I was used to a large 4 door car. I can tell you this, The MM is no grand Marquis! This car is faster than any police cruiser I ever drove except for a 460 Ford I once had. On top of the performance engine and suspension settings it has all the creature comforts to take 4 people anywhere in style and comfort. I love this car! Can't believe Mercury has discontinued it. With cruise control on the highway I'm getting 21 mpg with only 7,000 miles. Of course, when you performance drive it the mpg goes down to 14-16 in town. This is one car I'm never getting rid of.

rhnocar
04-21-2006, 07:19 PM
I'm thinking about buying a used Marauder (if i can find one) or a p-71 CV, some people cautioned me about the CVPI saying that im definetaly going to get weird looks from real police, however I would rather spend the extra $ on rebuilding the CV's engine or adding an allen Supercharger. How does the Marauder handel in comparison to the CV?

BiggerJon
05-14-2006, 09:13 PM
I'm thinking about buying a used Marauder (if i can find one) or a p-71 CV, some people cautioned me about the CVPI saying that im definetaly going to get weird looks from real police, however I would rather spend the extra $ on rebuilding the CV's engine or adding an allen Supercharger. How does the Marauder handel in comparison to the CV?

go for a marauder if you can afford the coin. there is no comparison.

congrats on your ride!:grinyes:

mishalah
08-23-2007, 07:12 PM
I've liked the Marauders since they came out when I was in high school back in what...1963-4? Big block Ford power in a luxo-cruiser. Not the most popular back then, but respected like the Chrysler 300 letter cars. The new ones are a little blah in the appearance, but the performance and comfort intrigue me.

BUT>>>that gas mileage sucks. My '91 ZR-1 gets about the same around town 14-16, but I easily get 23-25 on the highway at 75-80+ mph. Of course, I do have a really high 6th gear, but I'm also over 400hp. Gas mileage does matter in this day and age, and I suspect the MM needs premium fuel to get those ponies (is it 300 or 360 as advertised?).

I'd like to see one in ALL white like the Jag XJR.

Add your comment to this topic!