Undercar LED/Neon kits

Zlicious
01-12-2005, 11:10 AM
Does anyone know to what extent undercar kits are illegal? i have blue LED's under my z and several cops have told me its illegal to drive with but ok to have on my car as long as i'm sitting in a lot somewhere when they're on. But just the other day another cop insisted that they were illegal to have installed on your car at all, after he saw mine on in a parking lot. I checked the motor vehicle code for PA and it reads like greek obviously....PLEASE HELP!

westpak
01-12-2005, 11:20 AM
Undercar Neons!! :puke: :puke:

Anyway, it might not be the lights themselves but the color, I want to say blue is not allowed since some cops use blue on their cars, atr least here in FL.

Amril
01-12-2005, 09:23 PM
Well I'm sure here in Australia the only limitations are that

1. You cannot see the actual neon tubes
2. The neons aren't allowed to flicker

stang_00
01-20-2005, 02:50 PM
it just depends on what state you live in. i live in tennessee and the cops have told me that as long as they dont blink then i am ok

CashMoneyInd
03-04-2005, 03:01 PM
I know here in NY you can have them on as long as youre not moving. Because if you're moving, its a driving distraction for others driving. But i believe the policemans knowledge on neons may be like their knowledge of Nitrous. Some cops actually have no idea what theyre talking about. At least here they don't. So I would suggest looking up your city/state laws on neon. Cuz' some cops just have no idea.

CivicLeader
01-15-2006, 11:45 PM
Just check with your local law enforcement office... Better to get it right from the horses mouth.
CL

Add your comment to this topic!