Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Joe Cartoon Hummer

igor@af
01-21-2001, 10:34 PM
Did you guys know Joe from http://www.joecartoon.com has one?
:D

i_rebel
05-10-2001, 11:01 AM
I think Hummers are hideous . . . next to the Pontiac Aztek of course!

What makes them so appealing, besides their mediocre sense of exclusivity . . . ?

enzo@af
05-10-2001, 06:53 PM
Hummers are awesome! Looks aside, they are basically the ultimate offroad machine.

verboom
05-10-2001, 08:39 PM
Only in the desert though. They are huge, therefore hampering their ability to go in small spaces.

enzo@af
05-10-2001, 09:22 PM
So, traffic hinders Ferrari's and Porsche's and McLaren's to living to their full potential.

i_rebel
05-11-2001, 10:09 AM
You've both got very valid points . . .

But the Porsche/Ferrari/McLaren although hindered in traffic is a mechanical marvel . . . with styling that makes them works of art . . . so they look just as good standing still as they do driving . . .

They are benchmarks in styling, performanc, durability, and value . . .

A Hummer is a military vehicle gone commercial . . . doesn't say much . . .

Moppie
07-05-2001, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by i_rebel
You've both got very valid points . . .

But the Porsche/Ferrari/McLaren although hindered in traffic is a mechanical marvel . . . with styling that makes them works of art . . . so they look just as good standing still as they do driving . . .

They are benchmarks in styling, performanc, durability, and value . . .

A Hummer is a military vehicle gone commercial . . . doesn't say much . . .

The Hummer is also a mechanical Marvel, Its possibly the best Wheeled Off road vechile ever made, and its possibly on of the best examples of functional design in the automotive world, even more so than a ferrari or Mclaren, which as well as being designed for performance, are also designed for looks. The hummer is designed with only one goal, off road performance, it is in this sense a far more pure design.

And how can you say a Porsche/Ferrari/McLaren are benchmarks in styling, performanc, durability, and value . . .
The fisrt two yes, but Durability and Value?

dejoux
11-07-2001, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by Moppie

The Hummer is also a mechanical Marvel, Its possibly the best Wheeled Off road vechile ever made, and its possibly on of the best examples of functional design in the automotive world

I wouldnt necessarily agree with that, yes its the best at what it was designed for, travelling fast over rough terrain, like a dessert

put the average 4WD situation is not like that, a few of my friends are in a 4WD club so ive got a little bit of experience here (theres no hummers in the club so just going on what tehy say about them) but give me a CJ4 Jeep anyday over a hummer for ground where its all about getting over it at all, not how fast you can do it

G-Forces
11-07-2001, 09:19 AM
I saw a special on the Hummer a while ago. That thing is fricking amazing. It's about more than just going fast on sand. It can climb 2 foot vertical walls! Drive through I don't know how deep water. Except in some of the narrowest passes the Hummer will get over just about anything. But I think driving them on the Highway is just a waste. :(

hakka
11-07-2001, 04:31 PM
my next door neighbor has a Jeep CJ3...I think I agree with you on that dejoux...personally, I think the vehicle most suited for off-roading is the Land Rover Defender: it was built purely for off roading, with no military use in mind.

Rich
11-07-2001, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Moppie
The Hummer is also a mechanical Marvel, Its possibly the best Wheeled Off road vechile ever made, and its possibly on of the best examples of functional design in the automotive world, even more so than a ferrari or Mclaren, which as well as being designed for performance, are also designed for looks. The hummer is designed with only one goal, off road performance, it is in this sense a far more pure design.

Ive never heard it said better, Moppie :)

bluez28guy
01-10-2002, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by dejoux

I wouldnt necessarily agree with that, yes its the best at what it was designed for, travelling fast over rough terrain, like a dessert

put the average 4WD situation is not like that, a few of my friends are in a 4WD club so ive got a little bit of experience here (theres no hummers in the club so just going on what tehy say about them) but give me a CJ4 Jeep anyday over a hummer for ground where its all about getting over it at all, not how fast you can do it

First of all from what I'm reading here, you all need to stick to the street. And as far as the CJ4 goes if you can talk THE OWNER into selling IT, your be one up on me. The Hummer or Humvee is the single greatest STOCK (mass produced for public) off-roading rig on the planet. As far as the deep water forging with the snorkel and exhaust pipe it will go 60"! And for the Land Cruiser, its pretty! If you want the ultiment in off roading vehicle (and is still street leagel) go to http://www.avalancheengr.com/index.htm

Hudson
01-11-2002, 01:02 PM
Having driven a couple Hummers, I can say they are awful vehicles on the road. But....OH....MY....GAWD....will it go off road.

I found a trail that motocrossers had been using and followed it until I found something I liked. At the bottom of the hill was a STEEP hill with a set of truck tire tracks. After kicking my passengers out (they wouldn't let me drive up the hill), I took the $100k truck up the trail. It never slipped a tire and never gave a hint of trouble. Once I reached the top, the cyclists were up there applauding....apparently, the trail was a DOWN trail.

bad_one55555
11-02-2003, 02:43 PM
in the cartoon gerbil genocide(the one where he runs a bunch of gerbils over in his hummer) its kind off obvious that he just whants to show off his hummer so everyone that visits the site knows how rich his. (Not to mention how tough he "thinks" he is.)

Suboobaruwrsex
11-19-2003, 12:29 AM
I have a 1998 Hummer open top. That truck is the best off road vehicle ever. Nothing else compares to it. I can go on a 45 degree side slope and 60 degreee head or tail slop without rolling. For 22 inches of water, stock 37 inch tires, bead locks, bullet proof run flat tires, CTIS central tire inflation system, 430 ft/lbs of torque, first truck to ever have four wheel independant suspension, inboard brakes, rocker panel protection, brush guard, heavy duty rear bumper, 12,000lb winch, e-locker, and helicopter hooks. I have put mine through hell. No other vehicle would have come close to where I have been with that beast. My truck has a snorkel that will allow my depth to go halfway up my winsheild, lighter alluminum wheels with beadlocks, light bar with PIAA lights, Heavy duty front brusguard, alluminum interior, and alpine stereo system. The Joe Hummer used to be painted like an american flag, and was from grand rapids MI.

Nick

Add your comment to this topic!