Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

What are the differences between....

jcsaleen
12-27-2004, 07:54 PM
The CC8S and the CCR?

Also im the first 1 to post here haha.

ZedEx
12-27-2004, 08:34 PM
The primary differences lie in the engine... They are the same basic block, but the CCR is factory rated at 806bhp, and CC8S is factory rated at 655bhp. The weight is also a bit lower.

The CCR has a Twin Screw Supercharger set-up, as CC8S is a single. Either way, the cars fly seriously.

There are also small differences, wheel size, factory standard and option packages, etc.

To see the complete differences, please visit the Koenigsegg comparison page.

Koenigsegg CC Cars (http://www.koenigsegg.se/thecars/index.asp?submenu=4)

... O... And I have the second post :D

-Wes

Menu dei Motori
01-04-2005, 05:51 AM
who makes the engines? :-)

where are they built? :-)

Tach_it
01-15-2005, 07:19 PM
in switzerland I believe, not sure on engine builder i would guess in-house

GritMaster
01-16-2005, 08:25 PM
:uhoh:

It's Sweden.

Steedaboy94
02-09-2005, 05:42 PM
From the pictures I have seen I think the engine is nothing more than a dohc modular Ford v8.

ZedEx
02-09-2005, 10:24 PM
From the pictures I have seen I think the engine is nothing more than a dohc modular Ford v8.

Precisely... There is now controversy with the Koenigsegg vehicles. Apparently, the new Ford GT is built with the same engine, and there happens to be some disagreement about who should be allowed to continue the use of the engine.

Im not filled in on all of the details, but I'll post them as soon as I get more information.

-Wes

GritMaster
02-10-2005, 12:59 AM
That sucks!

Can't they share? ^^

TexasF355F1
02-13-2005, 10:14 PM
Precisely... There is now controversy with the Koenigsegg vehicles. Apparently, the new Ford GT is built with the same engine, and there happens to be some disagreement about who should be allowed to continue the use of the engine.

Im not filled in on all of the details, but I'll post them as soon as I get more information.

-Wes
First come first serve. Koenigsegg, but just let them both have it.

ZedEx
02-13-2005, 10:18 PM
I would like to think so... But in the automotive world, exclusiveness is the most important factor.

So if your supercar is sharing the SAME engine with another supercar... Whats exclusive about that?

So I guess thats a big deal in their minds... I'd still much rather have a Koenigsegg vehicle :lol:

-Wes

jcsaleen
02-14-2005, 07:48 AM
So if your supercar is sharing the SAME engine with another supercar... Whats exclusive about that?

-Wes

yea I agree. just look @ the mclaren and the enzo.

FALCON z
03-11-2005, 12:45 AM
I driver this car all the time......In Midtown Madness 3. If you like this car and have an Xbox. We have a league for Capture the Gold and it's the car I drive. Only other car on the game that is comparible is the indy car and the stocker. I never knew anything about this car until I bought the game. I've made couple of Sigs using ths car.

My WebSite (http://www.freewebs.com/dfalcon)

raylambo
03-30-2005, 01:09 AM

-Wes

The Koenigsegg cars use a V8 FORD Mustang engine -an old one at that from the 90s- which they tuned with a s/c etc. Of course, Koenigsegg deny using such an engine because they want to claim it is their engine so people will pay the high price for their car. That is deceptive and turns me off.! But they have been exposed and Ford has every right to go after them for copying their engine and renaming it Koenigsegg.

If you want a FORD V8 engine then buy a FORD car -at least you will have an original and save a lot of $$!

5150crx
04-11-2005, 09:29 AM
if they're using the ford motor are they atleast using some sexy parts in it?...stupid light Ti rods, super bling bling forged Al pistons, etc?

LamboNut
04-11-2005, 12:31 PM
Koenigsegg doesn't use Ford engines...It uses a Ford racing block that is made in Italy, then it's sent to Koenigsegg where they build the engine. Von Koenigsegg himself said that the engine is 80-90% Koenigsegg engineered.

Ford can only dream of making such an engine.

kitamura
06-23-2005, 01:07 AM
I love this Koenigsegg thing.

coopdavillage
08-21-2005, 06:41 PM
the car is completely made in house from what i have found out. cant find the price of it though but its hits over 245 the only problem is its apparenly not street legal :(. one of the coolest features is that you can manually adjust the suspension and that its almost entirely carbon fiber kevlar blend.
in my opinion totally worth having :)

L8R_H8R
11-06-2005, 08:52 PM
Koenigsegg doesn't use Ford engines...It uses a Ford racing block that is made in Italy, then it's sent to Koenigsegg where they build the engine. Von Koenigsegg himself said that the engine is 80-90% Koenigsegg engineered.

Ford can only dream of making such an engine.

agreed. too bad they are not longer in production. the SCC is though.

coopdavillage
11-08-2005, 05:54 PM
they make the CC8S and the CCR http://www.koenigsegg.com/

L8R_H8R
11-08-2005, 08:27 PM
the CC8S is no longer in production. Click on the link you just posted, click on technical data and see for yourself

L8R_H8R
11-08-2005, 08:31 PM
the car is completely made in house from what i have found out. cant find the price of it though but its hits over 245 the only problem is its apparenly not street legal :(. one of the coolest features is that you can manually adjust the suspension and that its almost entirely carbon fiber kevlar blend.
in my opinion totally worth having :)

lookin at about 400 grand give or take

coopdavillage
11-09-2005, 05:07 PM
ah i never caught that thank you for bringing it to my attention

L8R_H8R
11-09-2005, 08:05 PM
no prob =)

mls
11-21-2005, 11:58 PM
the CC8S is no longer in production. Click on the link you just posted, click on technical data and see for yourself
I was wondering when that would happen.

350Z_Fan
11-06-2007, 04:13 PM
Yes. I was confused about that at one point aswell. :D

PAPO-90
09-06-2008, 11:49 AM
the bodys are slightly different as well, in particular the side vent the CCR has a CCR badge above it the CC8S has nothing and the CC8S vent is rounder where as the CCR vent has a point to it

also

the CC8S used a ford V8, the CCR engine (and all engines since) are built and developed entirely in house

Add your comment to this topic!