Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

PlasmaGlow LED Lights Vs. StreetGlow LED Lights

sunfire_starter
12-21-2004, 11:20 AM
I am finally starting to do some exterior/interior mods on my car and I want to put LED lights in my car and a underlight kit and some other misc. stuff with LED lights. Now I am stuck on which company to choose from.
I've never heard of Plasmaglow.com until a friend suggested it to me and I've known about Streetglow.com. I checked both of them out and they both seem to seem like good companies but can anyone that has either Plasma Glow or Street Glow in there car tell me if it is good or not. Street Glow is a little more but if it will last alot longer it is worth it.

drdisque
12-21-2004, 01:07 PM
don't get underbody lights, they look tacky and they're illegal

sunfire_starter
12-21-2004, 07:18 PM
I don't think there so tacky. besides I have a couple hundred dollars to put into my car after a get my engine mods put in. Underlight is the last thing on my check list I just think it is just something that is a nice accent to a car. AS for the legallity of it in PA you can have it when your in Park it is just a little showcasing a seem to do alot of because a just love my car. it is just something i think looks cool but if i would ever put that on an old mustang for somethin i think i would shoot myself

EmTea
01-09-2005, 12:52 PM
Well I you still want to wire those LEDs I'd suggest LSDiodes for the LEDs, wires, and resistors. They are the best for the money. Also a good tutorial on wireing resitors can be found here (http://www.metku.net/index.html?sect=view&n=1&path=mods/ledcalc/index_eng). If you are not familer with wireing and what not here's a simple brake down on useing the calculator.
Supply Voltage- How much volts are going to the LED. So that would be 12V if you're running from a 12V source, 5V from a 5v source, and so on.

Voltage Drop Across LED- That is the required volts the LED needs. Most LEDs from LSDiodes are 3.3-3.6 depending on the LED (on LSDiodes site, click on the product for more info).

Desired LED Current- This is the milliamps that the LED puts out. That # ranges from 20-80 on LEDs from LSDiodes. That info can be found on the product info sheet.

Hope this helps! Good Luck

EmTea

Civic_D16Y5
01-10-2005, 11:30 PM
don't get underbody lights, they look tacky and they're illegal

only illegal if u can see the bulbs from normal driving height and if they are visible from 100 ft away

xyfalconsrock
01-11-2005, 12:12 AM
Put the money into more engine mods, or interior upgrades.

deadline665
07-29-2005, 11:16 AM
Go with the Plasmaglow LED's. I bought the SG kit originally and wasn't too happy with the kit cause I saw a lot of dots underneath my car. I ended up buying the PG kit later and I am much happier with it. It's brighter and has a lot more options. I added some interior tubes to the same system and it has a remote control. I had to buy the remote control separately, but it was worth it. Very cool kit.

Add your comment to this topic!